User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will you take the vaccine as soon as it is made available to your category?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

165 85.49%
  • No

28 14.51%
Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 82838485868788899091929394 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 1861

Thread: The Vaccine Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Vaccine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by monadnocky View Post
    And it appears that the percentage of individuals being hospitalized who have been vaccinated is rising a bit - from about 10% to about 25% (this according to our state epidemiologist, interviewed last night on the local news). Note that I'm just presenting this as fact - this is NOT meant to be supporting a rationale to not get vaccinated (I am, have been, and will always be completely pro-vax).

Check out the graph here:
    https://www.covid19.nh.gov/
    It’s disturbing that you have to add that qualifier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
    It’s disturbing that you have to add that qualifier.

I think the evidence is becoming clear that immunity wanes over time and that boosters are in order after six months(possibly a little longer with Moderna). The CDC dropped the ball by not approving boosters back in September. I think the uptick is the result of waning immunity. That said I think its still agreed that those that were vaccinated are faring better than those not vaccinated. -Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fastupslowdown View Post
    I think the evidence is becoming clear that immunity wanes over time and that boosters are in order after six months(possibly a little longer with Moderna). The CDC dropped the ball by not approving boosters back in September. I think the uptick is the result of waning immunity. That said I think its still agreed that those that were vaccinated are faring better than those not vaccinated. -Mike
    There were some, a few, back in Spring who realized that breakthroughs (transmission) were more common than reported. And then there are some now…

Behar at 1:48

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheView/s...77901431488518

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do anti vaxxers refuse to vaccinate their pets?
    slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by monadnocky View Post
    Here in New Hampshire cases are at an all time high. Not "since last January" or "since the beginning of the Delta surge." As in, ever. And it appears that the percentage of individuals being hospitalized who have been vaccinated is rising a bit - from about 10% to about 25% (this according to our state epidemiologist, interviewed last night on the local news). Note that I'm just presenting this as fact - this is NOT meant to be supporting a rationale to not get vaccinated (I am, have been, and will always be completely pro-vax). It's just really, really scary stuff how we can't get on top of this thing.

Check out the graph here:
    https://www.covid19.nh.gov/

And Thanksgiving is next week. Terrifying.
    Most if not all vaccines are never 100% efficient; but efficient enough to lower the virus circulation to the point of disappearance.
    slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I officially have my booster. Process is different at the pharmacy. They don't make you wait 15 minutes, at least in my case

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colker View Post
    Most if not all vaccines are never 100% efficient; but efficient enough to lower the virus circulation to the point of disappearance.
    its all about R0. And I'm sure it goes down in a vaccinated community.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an appointment for my Pfizer booster on Monday. Looking forward to extra protection over the holidays. Also looking forward to January 4, 2022 when the vaccine mandate goes into effect for federal contractors. No more wondering about which co-workers are unvaccinated.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm betting on the relaxation of rules and norms on indoor gatherings, the seasonal increase of indoor gatherings, and fatigue from maintaining the discipline to wear masks and maintain distances -- that's mainly responsible for the spikes we're seeing.

That said, presently concerned about family from NH planning to visit soon.

What the well-dressed man will be wearing.
    Last edited by thollandpe; 11-19-2021 at 03:24 PM.
    Trod Harland, Pickle Expediter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife called this morning at 3:30, telling me our son had a heart attack and our daughter was driving him to the ER.

Short story is he's in a cardiac unit. Provisional diagnosis is myocarditis. Tested positive for the blood marker indicating inflammation. She is pissed, blaming it on the vaccine, which she has eschewed. Tells me to "do my own research." Seriously.

I trust medical science. He is in a good place to deal with whatever is wrong, likely a response to a recent respiratory virus.

I have buckled my seat belt.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    My wife called this morning at 3:30, telling me our son had a heart attack and our daughter was driving him to the ER.

Short story is he's in a cardiac unit. Provisional diagnosis is myocarditis. Tested positive for the blood marker indicating inflammation. She is pissed, blaming it on the vaccine, which she has eschewed. Tells me to "do my own research." Seriously.

I trust medical science. He is in a good place to deal with whatever is wrong, likely a response to a recent respiratory virus.

I have buckled my seat belt.
    Oof. I hope your son is not in too much discomfort and recovers soon. I'm sorry about your wife.
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We're averaging two cases a day at work out of a workforce of 550. These are younger (20-40) folks who are not vaccinated. Out of all the cases (195 since tracking started last year), only one was a breakthrough. In the county, we've seen a big spike in cases that is roughly equivalent to other counties in the state for cases per 100K population, but the fatality rate is one of the highest in the state, only behind Apache county. This county also has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the state.

Bottom line, the spike in cases is consistent with other locations in the state, but more people are dying here. I think it would be a disservice to not link the low vaccination rate to the high fatality rate. As of yesterday at noon, there are six ICU beds available in the county. I want to be compassionate about coworkers who are out with Covid, but I think we're past the point of encouraging folks to get vaccines, we're just letting nature run its course and see who lives. The real victims here are the folks that need medical care or surgery that are being put off until the hospitals have freed up enough beds. I am thankful that my emergency appendectomy in August was before the spike.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I received the first dose of the Moderna vaccine, I felt a little "off" for a day or two but that's it.

When I received the second dose, I came down with a full-blown case of flu-like symptoms and stayed home from work for two days. It was brutal, but it cleared up amazingly quickly on the second day.

Yesterday, I learned a local community organization was hosting a free-clinic for all the various vaccines, boosters, and newly updated target groups. I'm in; even rode my bike there!

Got a booster shot of the Moderna. Within 8 hours I'm back with the flu-like symptoms; fever, cold sweats, full body aches. As I sit here typing this, I'm crushed. Good grief, I can't catch a break. But I'll do it because not only is it good for me; it's good for society.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Polack View Post
    When I received the first dose of the Moderna vaccine, I felt a little "off" for a day or two but that's it.

When I received the second dose, I came down with a full-blown case of flu-like symptoms and stayed home from work for two days. It was brutal, but it cleared up amazingly quickly on the second day.

Yesterday, I learned a local community organization was hosting a free-clinic for all the various vaccines, boosters, and newly updated target groups. I'm in; even rode my bike there!

Got a booster shot of the Moderna. Within 8 hours I'm back with the flu-like symptoms; fever, cold sweats, full body aches. As I sit here typing this, I'm crushed. Good grief, I can't catch a break. But I'll do it because not only is it good for me; it's good for society.
    I had a similar response. I was scheduled to get my booster this past Thursday but my nuclear stress test was rescheduled and I didn't want to do it with a Moderna hangover. I'll get it on 12/16 at the VA clinic.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the Johnson Vaccine about 6 months and was scheduled for the booster today. Couple of guys at work who were not vaccinated came down with covid and worked, several days with minor symptoms before they went to the Doctor. Today I went to the ready med to check on what i thoght was a kidney stone and found out I'm positive for Covid. I didn't have a fever yesterday morning but had a low grade last night, dry cough and aches. Not happy with my co workers right now.
    Frank Beshears

The gentlest thing in the world
    overcomes the hardest thing in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydesteel View Post
    I had the Johnson Vaccine about 6 months and was scheduled for the booster today. Couple of guys at work who were not vaccinated came down with covid and worked, several days with minor symptoms before they went to the Doctor. Today I went to the ready med to check on what i thoght was a kidney stone and found out I'm positive for Covid. I didn't have a fever yesterday morning but had a low grade last night, dry cough and aches. Not happy with my co workers right now.
    Bummer. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy is talking about the vaccine database and CDC reporting leading to the Sign of the Beast..haha.

https://twitter.com/NeverSleever/sta...38753691144192

And this is the 2nd most vaccinated county in Arizona (88.9%/80.5%). 41k out of a total population of 46k. Very high positivity rate 14.6% and pretty high case rate at the moment as well, 67/100k.

Arizona is so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    We're averaging two cases a day at work out of a workforce of 550. These are younger (20-40) folks who are not vaccinated. Out of all the cases (195 since tracking started last year), only one was a breakthrough. In the county, we've seen a big spike in cases that is roughly equivalent to other counties in the state for cases per 100K population, but the fatality rate is one of the highest in the state, only behind Apache county. This county also has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the state.

Bottom line, the spike in cases is consistent with other locations in the state, but more people are dying here. I think it would be a disservice to not link the low vaccination rate to the high fatality rate. As of yesterday at noon, there are six ICU beds available in the county. I want to be compassionate about coworkers who are out with Covid, but I think we're past the point of encouraging folks to get vaccines, we're just letting nature run its course and see who lives. The real victims here are the folks that need medical care or surgery that are being put off until the hospitals have freed up enough beds. I am thankful that my emergency appendectomy in August was before the spike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
    This guy is talking about the vaccine database and CDC reporting leading to the Sign of the Beast..haha.

https://twitter.com/NeverSleever/sta...38753691144192

And this is the 2nd most vaccinated county in Arizona (88.9%/80.5%). 41k out of a total population of 46k. Very high positivity rate 14.6% and pretty high case rate at the moment as well, 67/100k.

Arizona is so weird.
    Once again you've taken a post and used it to make an unrelated point. My post was not about the positivity or number of cases, it was about the fatalities as compared to the rest of the state. Linking to a nutcase sheriff's tweet further proves that you are trolling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^That wasn't the point and I didn't think it necessary to add too much commentary. Your bias is showing again. I should be explicit. Here are my "points."

1. There's high transmission in Arizona at the moment. This is unfortunate and, likely, heterogenous.
    2. A county that borders Mexico where more than 80% of the residents are Latinx has a sheriff who doesn't reflect its demographics and likely voting patterns. This looks to me to be illustrative of the type of exploitation that is still common in low SES rural communities in the southwest.
    3. The database that the sheriff believes is tied to federal funding is, in my opinion, a good source of data. We should know who is vaccinated and who isn't and these numbers should be reported in real time to get a true idea of breakthrough rates, ie, a system similar to the one in the UK.
    4. Apocalyptic Christian eschatology in 2021 is funny to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit for above: yikes, Sheriff is a Democrat.

County Sheriff

TOTAL
    DEM HATHAWAY, JAMES "DAVID" 13,714
    IND AGOSTTINI, JOSÉ 3,261
    IND IBARRA, ANDREW 1,515
    Write-In Totals 175
    Write-In: Invalid Write-In 175
    Not Assigned 0
    Total Votes Cast 18,665

https://www.santacruzcountyaz.gov/Do...FICIAL-Results