User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will you take the vaccine as soon as it is made available to your category?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

165 85.49%
  • No

28 14.51%
Page 26 of 94 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vaccine Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Vaccine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Second shot yesterday and from the looks of things the people working there are still feeling the joy. I got the impression from talking to the people at the table when they administered the dose that they're working their regular jobs at the facilities where at first they were overwhelmed and now are merely under siege and then coming in there to work a shift. Their mood could best be described as buoyant. It was a great day.
    Right on, at least this is the case for our facility in Oneonta.
    With a big heap of support form the National Guard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Just checked the NYS vaccine site and now my wife and I are going to Oneonta on Sunday for our vaccine.

So we started with May 19. Now we are March 28.

2 hour drive in the country. To be repeated.

We could have gone for a nice ride together. I'm about 20 minutes north of Oneonta, but headed to Grandma's for our first visit in 9 months, and the weather is going to be ugly anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cny rider View Post
    We could have gone for a nice ride together. I'm about 20 minutes north of Oneonta, but headed to Grandma's for our first visit in 9 months, and the weather is going to be ugly anyway.
    Just wondering - is the vaccine taking place in the parking lot out front - meaning you stay in your car and roll through the process in the car?
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven’t worked there yet but everything I have heard is that it is indoors and very well organized so it should be easy to maneuver through.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cny rider View Post
    I haven’t worked there yet but everything I have heard is that it is indoors and very well organized so it should be easy to maneuver through.
    Great. Thanks. Was worried about the rain today being an issue for people working there if it was outside.

Say hi to grandma!
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perfect. There is a sign at the off-ramp from the interstate that says "Covid Vaccine ^" and then you just follow the signs to the field house, park your car and go through the check points until you are greeted by a nurse and a data entry person. After a few more questions, you get poked in the arm and off you go to a waiting area. 15 minutes later you are done. My wife and I went through at the same time, even though our appointments were 15 minutes apart. I got a bit choked up walking from the vaccine table to the waiting area. Felt like a long year and I just knew this thing was going to get me. I always get the lung things. Not out of the woods yet, but on my way. Return engagement is April 18. I'm hiding in the woods until then.

Oneonta is a nice looking college town, albeit one with no college students in it. Plenty of big old houses though, some divided into apartments for the kids. Beautiful Susquehanna River valley. We drove back on rt. 23 up the west side of the Catskills to Hudson and on to Hillsdale. Good day.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second vaccine weirdness and I don't really know if I can tie things together but my left hip is sketchy, arthritis diagnosis etc. and it lit up as bad as its been ever the day after the shot and stayed that way for a couple of days. I was having a tough time walking around, if I had to walk more than 100 yards at once it would have been a problem. Out of nowhere. I wonder if my immune system went nuts and got confused. I'm easily confused.
    Tom Ambros

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second vaccine weirdness and I don't really know if I can tie things together but my left hip is sketchy, arthritis diagnosis etc. and it lit up as bad as its been ever the day after the shot and stayed that way for a couple of days. I was having a tough time walking around, if I had to walk more than 100 yards at once it would have been a problem. Out of nowhere. I wonder if my immune system went nuts and got confused. I'm easily confused.
    I woke up with sore left arm (vaccine site) and sore left hip. I don’t have arthritis as far as I know. But sore enough this morning I couldn’t sleep well on that side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My second shot was a complete non event. Small amount of soreness at injection site. Hope it topped off the immune response. First shot was soreness and a couple of lethargic days. Michigan is doing a reasonable job of improving vaccine availability and continues to expand. On the flip side, Michigan has a wicked surge going on. https://www.bridgemi.com/talent-educ...ovid-outbreaks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a sleepless but uneventful night after my second Pfizer jab but my HRV was noticeably low for about two weeks after regardless of how much rest I got. Not sure if related to the vax or the fact that things are generally stressful around here.
    It’s gone back to normal of late though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My youngest just received his first jab this morning at The Ohio State University...that was quick, as they just announced their vaccination program last week. Lots of trash talking with his Wolverine friends.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    I had a sleepless but uneventful night after my second Pfizer jab but my HRV was noticeably low for about two weeks after regardless of how much rest I got. Not sure if related to the vax or the fact that things are generally stressful around here.
    It’s gone back to normal of late though.
    I had a complicated urgent dental procedure and even though recovery has been unusually too slow i am glad i took the vaccine on the same week. I am tired of the covid gamble of fear.
    slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    My youngest just received his first jab this morning at The Ohio State University...that was quick, as they just announced their vaccination program last week. Lots of trash talking with his Wolverine friends.
    My brother in MI says friends are crossing the border to get shots at OH Rite-Aids. Hmm.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYS is dropping minimum age to 30 yrs old tomorrow morning at 8AM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    NYS is dropping minimum age to 30 yrs old tomorrow morning at 8AM.
    Soon to be age 16.

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My shot a couple weeks ago brought a visit from an old friend-- sciatica. It took me right back to how I felt for several years after rupturing a lumbar disc and subsequent surgery-- a dull aching in my glute and hamstring. I was all worried I'd reinjured it, until I talked to a few other people who reported old injuries acting up after their shots. Very strange phenomenon, but I'm happy that it's apparently just an immune/inflammatory spike rather than another disc problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    My brother in MI says friends are crossing the border to get shots at OH Rite-Aids. Hmm.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First microchip today was a piece of cake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look forward to getting my Bill Gates tracking device installed. That said, California appears to be throwing my tier of essential workers to the wolves again, since in three days we'll have an eligibility free-for-all. Very frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this afternoon I've been getting hot flashes. My wife thinks it is f#&king hilarious.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books