User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will you take the vaccine as soon as it is made available to your category?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

165 85.49%
  • No

28 14.51%
Page 21 of 94 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vaccine Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Vaccine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mnoble485 View Post
    Tom, anyone who cites Slaid Cleaves is welcome at my house.

Mike
    Ha. There are 147 people on the internet who own a Slaid Cleaves record and apparently a sizeable percentage are members of this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my 1st one today at the VA as a disabled vet. Signed up last month, got a text asking what date and time works for me, took about an hour with non stop vets coming through, seamless process. Go back on the 30th.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woo hoo! Got Karen an appointment in Uticer on the 27th!

Bots are absolutely slamming the NYS sites. Took three shots to get through to a day that by the time the page loaded all the time slots weren't gone.
    Tom Ambros

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Standby list...my friend drove an hour for his 1st jab last evening and his wife went with him...he’s 67 but she’s only 63 and she doesn’t qualify. While getting his vaccination, she inquired if they had any leftover vaccine and they told her to wait for 20 minutes to see if there was another no-show. There was and now she has her first vaccination and is scheduled for her 2nd. Here’s a website for standby vaccinations below.

https://hidrb.com/
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    Standby list...my friend drove an hour for his 1st jab last evening and his wife went with him...he’s 67 but she’s only 63 and she doesn’t qualify. While getting his vaccination, she inquired if they had any leftover vaccine and they told her to wait for 20 minutes to see if there was another no-show. There was and now she has her first vaccination and is scheduled for her 2nd. Here’s a website for standby vaccinations below.

Bringing my wife for the J&J vaccine this afternoon.

Will have to ask the same question...

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post

That's how I was able to get my first vaccine. The second one was scheduled before leaving the 15-minute wait zone. We have a super efficient drive through clinic in town. The larger local hospital originally set it up as a vaccine testing site. They reworked a closed Sears auto and tire repair center. Even w/o the early first vaccine, I'd be able to sign up due to the current Michigan levels. With J&J vaccine in the channel now we're starting to see more rapid deployment, a major airline recently started a clinic at O'Hare: https://www.aviationpros.com/airline...oyees-at-ohare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got #2 Moderna last Thursday. I'm 59 but got in early as a first responder - I volunteer with the local Volunteer Fire Department.

#1 was a piece of cake, only mild soreness for a day or two at the injection site. With #2 I got similar soreness, but the afternoon following the shot I had mild overall achiness and lethargy for a few hours, then I was fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

J&J done Monday. Felt shitty yesterday, less so today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got #2 Pfzr today. Bracing for a rough evening.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats everyone. This is making me happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 37 with no preconditions. My state is just about to open it up to the 50 year-old age group. I'm hopeful that with the J&J vaccine coming online my number will be called before May. Gimmie the Shot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea when it will happen - I am waiting until the last minute.

Just received an invite for a St. Pat day party - all of the family on one side has fully utilized their white privilege - everyone is vaccinated from three (3) college age, one (1) 28 yr old, and mom and dad both under 60 and not one of them has a condition that would qualify for their age. The other sibling on that side snuck in under the companion program by driving her knitting instructor.

I am realizing that being unvaccinated - gives me the choice of another 6-9 months of solitude

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friend who is 58 but is a college professor who has face to face meetings with students so is included in the list of allowed recipients finally got an appointment for her first vaccination - April 28th. That’s evidently the soonest open appointment within 150 miles of Saugerties NY.

I am not optimistic that when they start vaccinating the general population anything other than a giant meltdown will commence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the time I was going for Utica Karen was trying to get into Albany and in the time she tried to get an appointment next week and they filled up the availability went from March 10 to April 17.

We're going to need a gigantic supply and a more gigantic number of people ready to administer the vaccine unless they gradually open things up. If they drop the restrictions it'll be insane.
    Tom Ambros

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are your thoughts on the ethics around getting a shot based on a job categorization "loophole"... for instance, my industry is eligible, and the state website asks what industry you work in to determine eligibility, but my actual job is as low risk as they come-- 100% remote computer work. Some of my colleagues are getting their shots based on our industry, but I'm torn about it. Seems unethical, not fair to others etc. On the other hand, many folks say if you have a chance, you should take it, since any shots benefit everyone, and turning down an opportunity doesn't necessarily open up another opportunity for another more eligible person. It's a sticky situation. I do realize many, many folks are saying eff-it and taking advantage of any loop hole. I'm just not sure if that's me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcm119 View Post
    what are your thoughts on the ethics around getting a shot based on a job categorization "loophole"... for instance, my industry is eligible, and the state website asks what industry you work in to determine eligibility, but my actual job is as low risk as they come-- 100% remote computer work. Some of my colleagues are getting their shots based on our industry, but I'm torn about it. Seems unethical, not fair to others etc. On the other hand, many folks say if you have a chance, you should take it, since any shots benefit everyone, and turning down an opportunity doesn't necessarily open up another opportunity for another more eligible person. It's a sticky situation. I do realize many, many folks are saying eff-it and taking advantage of any loop hole. I'm just not sure if that's me...
    Get it. You don't need to do mental gymnastics to justify this. Everyone needs to get the shot and the sooner we all do, the better. Don't get stuck in an analysis paralysis.
    Will Neide (pronounced Nighty, like the thing worn to bed)

Webpage : : Flickr : : Tumblr : : Facebook
    Instagram: wilco_cycleworks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The greater good is that the more of us that can't hatch a variant the better. The better chance that something can't get past the mask and the physical distancing means a better chance of one more person not stressing the system. The ethical allocation isn't perfect but it's better than a lottery system. Take your opportunity and if it bothers you a little use it to remain careful. Belt, suspenders and duct tape.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get it. The fewer people out there who can spread the stuff the better.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Neide View Post
    Get it. You don't need to do mental gymnastics to justify this. Everyone needs to get the shot and the sooner we all do, the better. Don't get stuck in an analysis paralysis.
    This is also my take. I’m eligible based on my job, even though I’m on the sidelines at the moment. I’ve thought about this ethical issue. Getting it benefits more than myself so when it’s offered to my work group I will plan to get it. It’s even going to waste now for some people so if one makes a clear and informed decision on it, I’d say to get it. I will get it when it’s available.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get it. I passed on a lottery based appointment last week. I won the lottery because of a glitch but would have had to lie about a precondition to actually get the shot. but if you're technically eligible because of your industry just get the damn shot. don't let perfect be the enemy of good.