Quote Originally Posted by gregl View Post
My perception of the climate in upstate NY over the course of my life (thus far...):

- Child of the '60s and '70s: why does it rain or snow all the time? No one has air conditioning, even in their new cars.

- Young adult of the '80s and '90s: gee, it's getting warmer and dryer, but it still seems to even out over time. Glad I have central AC.

- Middle-age adult of the 2000s: damn, we f---ed up the climate big time. The lawn is dying in the summer and the snow melts before I get a chance to ski in the winter. The AC is on nearly as often as the heat. I pity my grandkids.

Greg
I went to graduate school in England and the building that I did all my work in is being torn down. The top 2 floors are basically wall to wall glass. For 40 years, it was never a big deal that the windows did not open because it never got that hot in the summer. And sun? LOL. I was told the number of days they had to shut the tops floors has increased every year and this year, they went 2 months without being able to functionally use that space. Putting in AC into those old building is not worth it, so down it comes.

These next 100 years are going to be interesting to say the least.