Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
"But the people who run our great institutions do not want trouble. They fear controversy. They lack faith in the intelligence of their audience. And they realize that to remind museum-goers of white supremacy today is not only to speak to them about the past, or events somewhere else. It is also to raise uncomfortable questions about museums themselves—about their class and racial foundations. For this reason, perhaps, those who run the museums feel the ground giving way beneath their feet. If they feel that in four years, “all this will blow over,” they are mistaken. The tremors shaking us all will never end until justice and equity are installed. "
From the department of firm grasp of the obvious but I feel it must be said and reinforced....The effort to get rid of « diversity training » have extensive implications.

One example is that the Executive Order applies to firms that are Federal Government contractors. That includes, among many, advertising agencies as the Federal Government is a large advertiser (think Army recruiting, and many other initiatives).

From one of the trade publications this morning...« The American Association of Advertising Agencies is joining other trade associations to oppose an executive order from President Trump that bans diversity training at federal contractors, including holding companies and ad agencies. The order would eliminate one of the few tangible DE&I measures that most marketers have embraced.

“As this Executive Order prohibits employee training on topics such as 'stereotyping' and 'scapegoating' based on race or sex—ambiguous terms that even courts of law have trouble parsing and applying—it complicates how agencies can evaluate their employee training programs for compliance,” 4A’s president and CEO Marla Kaplowitz told Ad Age’s Lindsey Rittenhouse.

The prohibitions in the order are consistent with the administration’s insistence that acknowledging racism and inequality is divisive, rather than just the first step toward addressing those issues. At several points, it pushes back against the very concept of unconscious bias. »

If you continue to have systemic racial stereotyping even if it is done due to unconscious bias in the media that we see and consume you maintain that racial inequality forever.

As a friend of mine said to me 4 years ago this coming November, « You have never seen the worst of a cornered animal until you will see in this country how the white power people trying to maintain than grip on the country will act.»