User Tag List

Page 62 of 97 FirstFirst ... 525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1923

Thread: 2020 Political Chatter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2020 Political Chatter

No, a combination of food coma from Thanksgiving Turkey, stuffing and gravy and a bit punch drunk from the avalanche of lies coming from Trump & Co.

https://djhjmedia.com/steven/audible...r-trump-video/

He is a classic Trump retweet lie- The article claims 2.5mm mail-in ballots were counted but only 1.8mm sent out.

However, on Oct 30, the Pennsylvania Sec of State said 2.2 mm mail-in ballots had already been returned which were 73% of the the total sent (3mm) ....

Team Trump tried an identical tactic in Wisconsin claiming more votes than registered voters. That was the case if they used 2016 registration rolls, but the total registered voters exploded in 2020.
    That sad fact is even with these numbers, only like 70% of eligible voters bothered to vote.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must admit, I do admire the British dry wit.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...dent-furniture

Boris will miss him for being the benchmark of foolish....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a real source of puzzlement to me how these guys repeatedly screw up the images. From proceeding with a press conference in a parking lot because they couldn't tell the difference between a hotel and a landscaping business to cheap hair dye running down Giuliani's maniacally contorted face to this image of a card table set up in an empty room, where are the people that are supposed to be setting them up to project competence? It's almost like it is active sabotage and the loyalists haven't clued in on it yet.
    Tom Ambros

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s seems as though the right wing conservative Q frootloops are hanging their hats and waiting for Sidney Powell to drop some knowledge-or lawsuits or wack ass conspiracy theory.

Making a big deal out of her and Tump and JewelsLeony making sure we understand that she is NOT part of the legal team.

Serious question-what do you think she/they have planned? My feeling is nothing.. am I missing something?
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyhillrambler View Post
    It’s seems as though the right wing conservative Q frootloops are hanging their hats and waiting for Sidney Powell to drop some knowledge-or lawsuits or wack ass conspiracy theory.

Making a big deal out of her and Tump and JewelsLeony making sure we understand that she is NOT part of the legal team.

Serious question-what do you think she/they have planned? My feeling is nothing.. am I missing something?
    Generally in a situation like this, you need to follow the money then everything becomes clear. So question is who is paying Powell's fees?
    The Trump Grift we understand because the money raised for Stop the Steal fund is really going to his new PAC which the fine print says they can draw a salary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grifters gonna grift..
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Betcha Sidney paid to be on the team ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Word was that Giuliani was getting $20K/day, thus motivating him highly to drag this on.

Fools and their money are soon parted.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...election-fraud
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Word was that Giuliani was getting $20K/day, thus motivating him highly to drag this on.

Fools and their money are soon parted.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...election-fraud
    unless Trump pays you up front don't expect to be paid for your work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyhillrambler View Post
    It’s seems as though the right wing conservative Q frootloops ....
    Slightly OT but:

My son sent me a link the other day to a comment from a Q supporter on some forum somewhere:

"If Trump loses, then Q was wrong. Q can't be wrong, so Trump will overturn the election result soon."
    That's a cult.

I'm sure you know one of the foundation myths of the Q religion is the pizza / pedo / adrenochrome thing. What you might not know is that you can buy adrenochrome off the shelf for less than a dollar a dose. This is the stuff they are supposedly killing hundreds of thousands of children a year to obtain.
    Mark Kelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since we were talking about Australia on the Covid thread, this is almost on point:

d6a33574-9405-4d64-a7af-de218ad1126e.jpg

Biden wearing RMs (or at least one RM).
    Mark Kelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kelly View Post
    Slightly OT but:

My son sent me a link the other day to a comment from a Q supporter on some forum somewhere:

That's a cult.
    Based on how well South Park explained what on the surface seems unbelievably stupid about the Church of Scientology I’m really looking forward to their Q piece. Unless, I’ve already missed it?
    Colin Mclelland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kelly View Post
    Slightly OT but:

That's a cult.

I'm sure you know one of the foundation myths of the Q religion is the pizza / pedo / adrenochrome thing. What you might not know is that you can buy adrenochrome off the shelf for less than a dollar a dose. This is the stuff they are supposedly killing hundreds of thousands of children a year to obtain.
    All these theories are just bonkers.

Instead of Trump leading them to salvation, they are getting an old codger with a broken foot and some German Shepherds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could someone please explain how a pre-emptive pardon works in principle (assuming it's even possible under prevailing US laws), perhaps with an example of the language that might be used? I'm having a difficult time getting my head around the mere notion of pardoning someone for an offence that is yet to be identified.
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chik View Post
    Could someone please explain how a pre-emptive pardon works in principle (assuming it's even possible under prevailing US laws), perhaps with an example of the language that might be used? I'm having a difficult time getting my head around the mere notion of pardoning someone for an offence that is yet to be identified.
    https://watergate.info/1974/09/08/te...clamation.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd View Post
    Thanks. Very helpful. And frightening. I understand that uses for presumptive cases have not yet been tested in court. Unlike the Ford/Nixon case, this one may have too strong a whiff of corruption to sail through without a challenge...

Also interesting that the act of self-pardon has not yet been tested in court...
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could someone please explain how a pre-emptive pardon works in principle[snip]
    The President issues you this card.....

.get.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. Very helpful. And frightening. I understand that uses for presumptive cases have not yet been tested in court. Unlike the Ford/Nixon case, this one may have too strong a whiff of corruption to sail through without a challenge...

Also interesting that the act of self-pardon has not yet been tested in court...
    Larry Tribe and other constitutional lawyers having argued clearly the constitution use of 'grant' a pardon does apply to oneself. So Trump's best bet is for him to resign, have Pence serve the remainder of the term and grant him a pardon. It would also give him the excuse not to attend the inauguration since Pence would get the call.

Ford's pardoning of Nixon is special in Ford thought the only way for the country to heal was to grant Nixon a pardon and put the matter behind us. He was probably right, and Nixon cooperated by essentially disappearing from public for the remainder of his life.

With Trump, you will not get him to disappear. In fact, you'd expect him to thumb his nose at the law every chance he gets.
    Therefore, whether he gets a pardon or not, is moot. The real jeopardy Trump faces is at the state level where pardon power does not apply. If anything, it will just invigorate the state AG effort to investigate him on tax charges. Also, by pardoning Flynn and others, Trump potentially puts himself in jeopardy since they have no excuse no to cooperate. His children will also be open to state fraud charges.

I know the property in Armonk which overlooks the lake and is part of the tax problem he has in NY. I think he is toast. The use of flated property values for 'gifted' land for conservation is well known issue in the state and he probably pushed it too far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    Larry Tribe and other constitutional lawyers having argued clearly the constitution use of 'grant' a pardon does apply to oneself. So Trump's best bet is for him to resign, have Pence serve the remainder of the term and grant him a pardon. It would also give him the excuse not to attend the inauguration since Pence would get the call.

Ford's pardoning of Nixon is special in Ford thought the only way for the country to heal was to grant Nixon a pardon and put the matter behind us. He was probably right, and Nixon cooperated by essentially disappearing from public for the remainder of his life.

With Trump, you will not get him to disappear. In fact, you'd expect him to thumb his nose at the law every chance he gets.
    Therefore, whether he gets a pardon or not, is moot. The real jeopardy Trump faces is at the state level where pardon power does not apply. If anything, it will just invigorate the state AG effort to investigate him on tax charges. Also, by pardoning Flynn and others, Trump potentially puts himself in jeopardy since they have no excuse no to cooperate.

I know the property in Armonk which overlooks the lake and is part of the tax problem he has in NY. I think he is toast. The use of flated property values for 'gifted' land for conservation is well known issue in the state and he probably pushed it too far.
    I don’t think Pence would pardon him if he has any hope of a political future of his own. Also, can someone be pardoned without having been charged and/or convicted? In other words, can a pardon be applied to potential future charges?
    La Cheeserie!