Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
Because there is no recent precedent, most people assume it can't happen. The real issue is no one has tried in the modern era, and Trump is going to try.
You can think of it as a new pandemic. In Feb when everyone knew about COVID, because we never had a global pandemic in the modern era, the financials markets could not imagine it, and ignored it. Then presto- it happened and panic.

The democrats see the lawsuits as comical and with little chance of success. The lawsuits are classic Trump nuisance lawsuits and an abuse of a the system. The purpose is to just to delay/prevent certification until December 14th. At this point, no outcome from the vote, so no 'will of the people' therefore the State Legislatures can step in and nominate the delegates. (Actually this will happen 6 days prior) The process is then no longer a legal proceeding and becomes political. The state legislatures are republican dominated in these states.

The option may be just to gum up the electoral college enough, that the final vote goes to the house of representatives to decide. The problem here is each states gets one vote as representatives must vote as a bloc. Republicans hold 28 states even though the democrats hold a majority in representatives. At this point, Trump will win. The last time this happened was 1824.

Because Trump is a shameless individual, he would actually feel very proud to win like this because winning is the only result.

Is this far fetched, maybe, but this has been the doomsday scenario since early Spring when Trump began laying the ground work for discrediting the vote.

On a funny but sad note, I woke up this morning and turned on BBC news. I'm listening to a news report about disenfranchising millions of votes because of race, and other voting irregularities. I was wondering what Trump had done overnight now so started listening closely. The story was actually about how Aung San Suu Kyi had just stolen the election for another 5 years in Myanmar.

1. When Aung San Suu Kyi won the Noble all those years ago, who'd have thought she'd become a autocrat who steals elections?
2. You can confuse a news story on a third world corrupt nations election for an election in America?
This is eff’ed up!!! How realistic is this? Not that it matters to me.... since I don’t live in the US but if this happened I’d be (and probably millions of others) rioting in the streets. Please ...... this cannot happen. Fuck tDUMP.