Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Political Chatter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2020 Political Chatter

New Deputy Assistant Sharpie weather guy hired at NOAA.
    https://www.npr.org/2020/09/12/91230...-hired-at-noaa
    This should please the cult members.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Law and disOrder: https://www.opb.org/article/2020/09/...-deputy-leave/ -- this is the same local Sheriff caught on tape instructing "militia members" in a parking lot to place a knife on an antifa member after shooting them so self-defense can be claimed.....its only a matter of hours before that ends up in the national media I suspect..

This is fine.
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

The wheel is round. The hill lasts as long as it lasts. That's a fact. Everything else is pure theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, the model cited predicts an imminent third wave which doubles the number of deaths.

This would require a catastrophic lack of leadership and / or public response in the USA, so under the circumstances it's entirely plausible.
    Mark Kelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
    "Okay" is such a relative concept these days - I can't see the buildings across the river (call it 200yds), but I have four purifiers running and every crevice I can find taped up to keep the 2.5s out, so I guess I'm "okay" too.. blimey.
    Geebus Dan. Hang in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Colinmclelland View Post
    Oh be fair. Only a moron would suggest drinking bleach. That stuff will kill you. I thought he said you should inject it.
    Ah yes silly me.

The orange space cadet in chief said:

“I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute,” Trump said. “One minute! And is there a way we can do something, by an injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that. So, that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me.”

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-lose-election

He neglected to mention that the "nasty" activists on a small bicycle forum should also be arrested in an attempt to quell insurrection...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Ah yes silly me.

The orange space cadet in chief said:

“I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute,” Trump said. “One minute! And is there a way we can do something, by an injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that. So, that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me.”
    Let's not forget shooting the body with UV light somehow. That was treatment suggestion number 2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-lose-election

He neglected to mention that the "nasty" activists on a small bicycle forum should also be arrested in an attempt to quell insurrection...
    When I lived in NYC you had little to fear from the lunatics that ranted in the streets. Only the quiet ones were dangerous.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    When I lived in NYC you had little to fear from the lunatics that ranted in the streets. Only the quiet ones were dangerous.
    I live next to Gracie Mansion (the NYC mayor's official residence).

There have been over 100 days with a small group of Black Lives Matters folks staging calm, peaceful demonstrations.

The police presence was over the top insane in volume and has gradually toned down over the last three months to being an appropriate two or three cops who are keeping a respectful distance and allowing the demonstrations to carry on without being the typical NYPD pushing around those who might have something to say.

Tonight, a group of (cop told me the number) 70 Trump supporters marched down the street and started to beat the crap out of the BLM folks. The BLM folks had put themselves behind the barricades the cops have lying about in the area from when the police presence was over the top. The Trump folks (who had Trump flags etc) were screaming that the BLM folks were "communists" and some other names that were non-sensical to a thinking adult.

Now there it feels like all 35,000 NYPD cops are in a five block area and everything is blocked off again.

Oh, and one infuriating part is I saw one guy who was showing pictures to a cop of him being pushed into a barricade and punched and the guy wanted to file a police report but the cops had no interest and refused to take his report.

What I don't get is if you are against folks who want to stop police violence against people of color, doesn't it mean you are for police violence against people of color and why is that okay?

It is also sad that this is what America has come to and it is somehow acceptable all because of statements made by one politician who happens to be President at various "campaign stops".
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by htwoopup View Post
    Oh, and one infuriating part is I saw one guy who was showing pictures to a cop of him being pushed into a barricade and punched and the guy wanted to file a police report but the cops had no interest and refused to take his report.
    Your entire account is disheartening to hear. I can only hope that the fact the individual has pictures may help get the proper action--disgusting that the police simply chose to ignore assault. I get people are upset, but I don't care on which side: assault, battery, vandalism, destruction, etc isn't okay; and if they can ID the individuals they should charge them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch the two videos, if you can stomach them.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...oderick-walker
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by htwoopup View Post
    It is also sad that this is what America has come to and it is somehow acceptable all because of statements made by one politician who happens to be President at various "campaign stops".
    Hey, c'mon. He's just trying to give fair warning to America so as not to panic everyone, like with the virus. Forewarned is forearmed. They a'comin'! They a'comin'! Cory Booker is coming with low income housing(blacks) to a suburb near you. There will probably be some taco bowl trucks around too. "Hey, where are the white women at?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sbti View Post
    Hey, c'mon. He's just trying to give fair warning to America so as not to panic everyone, like with the virus. Forewarned is forearmed. They a'comin'! They a'comin'! Cory Booker is coming with low income housing(blacks) to a suburb near you. There will probably be some taco bowl trucks around too. "Hey, where are the white women at?"
    At ease. We get it blah blah blah. Focus on the only thing that matters and it is not shiny. xxoo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa, someone needs to take a little “vacation”.

Trump Health Aide Alleges Broad Conspiracies and Warns of Armed Revolt
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/14/us/caputo-virus.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post

The only vacation he needs is one in prison, after being fairly tried and convicted for treason. His actions are the very definition of treason: "the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government."

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not one to make light of mental illness, but if the below is true, and this guy occupies some type of position of authority, then it behooves him to take some sick time and work on getting to a place where he can effectively execute the duties of his job:

"Mr. Caputo on Sunday complained on Facebook that he was under siege by the media and said that his physical health was in question and his “mental health has definitely failed.”"
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post

It's amateur hr. in the 11th hr. BOO! Were you scared?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By vacation, I meant psychiatric time off.

Caputo is one of those people who somehow keeps popping up in the service of various persons of interest, namely Russians, but also Oliver North during Iran-Contra and in the Ukrainian government. He could be a spook or a double spook, but he’s evidently had a break down before that he resolved by converting to Catholicism so I’d doubt he is trustworthy, though he does seem to get hired plenty often.

I suppose given his history someone could actually be after him.

It is a weird world.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without getting too far into the weeds on this I just feel compelled to say that Trump isn't someone I feel good about as President of my country. Ive tried remarkably hard not to listen to what he say's and rather, do my best to watch what he and Administration does. I disagree with the vast majority of what he and Admin have done over the last 4 years. I will be voting this Nov. Trump and his Admin will not be receiving my vote.