Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 1923

Thread: 2020 Political Chatter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2020 Political Chatter

Yes, don't doubt Rep. Sherrill's credentials on the issue. Was just wondering why go public without talking about evidence, and if you can't go public with evidence why go public with the accusation. Anyway, sounds like investigators are matching images of primary players during the assault with images from tours the previous day or two. Also aides or pages usually give constituent tours, not members of the House or Senate? So maybe seeing Biggs and Gosar leading the Proud Boys around attracted attention?

Speaking of money trail, I'm reading that there was document and computer theft that appeared targeted, i.e. was not in plain view out on a table in reception area of congressional office but in a back office or in a cabinet, etc. Suspicion is worker bees in the crowd hired by international interests.
    Last edited by j44ke; 01-13-2021 at 05:39 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ceya

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only President to be impeached twice. Yep, anyone but Hillary was a real smart move.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Only President to be impeached twice. Yep, anyone but Hillary was a real smart move.
    Many people knew this all along, but yeah, the screeching of the Never Trumpers (of whom I am one) came to pass. He's every bit as bad as predicted.

I'm glad 10 GOP representatives voted to impeach but honestly, it's disgraceful that it was only 10.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rep. Cheney creating a protective shadow I believe. Very interesting. Anticipate Cheney looking to be the rainmaker for election funds drying up in other directions. Rep. McCarthy is done as minority leader.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    I think that is a good question actually. I haven't seen anywhere anything that says all members of Congress have been vaccinated. The vaccination schedule was, if I remember correctly, dependent on being present in DC and at the Capitol, so members of Congress were not getting the vaccine administered in their home districts. And rank and file members got the opportunity in January, several weeks after leadership. There was a recess for the holiday and then last week was a complete mess, right? SO it could easily be that some had not yet gotten their vaccine, and if they had, could not yet have built up the antibodies to fend off an infection as noted above by jimcav.

Seems like there should be some clarification so that false rumors do not get started.

Is Rand Paul actually a doctor? He always seems kind of backwards on a lot of info re: immunity and vaccine science.
    And here is the clarification:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...virus-vaccine/
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From the comments, “There was absolutely no informed human who thought there was any possibility that one dose of this vaccine immediately confers any protection against infection.”

From the article, “Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) told Fox News she and her colleagues declined the masks because they did not have symptoms.” Rep. Markwayne Mullin (R-OK) declined and said he didn’t want to “be political”.

As if asymptomatic spread isn’t a thing. Their corrosive, craven selfishness is a thing.

I posted a still before, but it’s worth watching a video to see how those assholes behaved. https://twitter.com/grace4ny/status/1348914463018278913

Their dismissive treatment of a colleague, who is simply asking them to comply with House rules and wear a mask.

Watch it again and see how pleased Andy Biggs (R-AZ, seated, in the red tie) looks with himself. And realize that he helped plan the day’s events.
    Last edited by thollandpe; 01-13-2021 at 10:49 PM.
    Trod Harland, Pickle Expediter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thollandpe View Post

Watch it again and see how pleased Andy Biggs (R-AZ, seated, in the red tie) looks with himself. And realize that he helped plan the day’s events.
    He's got plenty to be pleased about...almost 400,000 dead due to COVID, he's on the losing side of an election and the events to disrupt the rubber stamping of Biden's win result in Trump getting impeached (again). He's winning bigly.

It's just a mask FFS. What a w*nker.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thollandpe View Post
    From the article, “Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) told Fox News she and her colleagues declined the masks because they did not have symptoms.” Rep. Markwayne Mullin (R-OK) declined and said he didn’t want to “be political”.
    That's BS.

Wearing a mask is f'ng common sense. Not wearing one is political.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...0-day-fee.html

In the end, he stiffs everyone. Plumbers, electricians, 20,000/day lawyers. Why am I not surprised?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...0-day-fee.html

In the end, he stiffs everyone. Plumbers, electricians, 20,000/day lawyers. Why am I not surprised?
    I just read that in a piece on the Washington Post. If there's one thing you can count on it's Trump finding a way out of paying for services...I guess even esteemed lawyers like Giuliani fall for it. I wouldn't serve Trump a hamberder without him paying up front.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't read the article but this prompted me to do some digging.

One of the representatives who tested positive for C19 earlier this week received the vaccine 2 days prior to the capital assault....clearly not enough time for immunity to kick in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make it a family affair.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From The Guardian this morning:

"The Club for Growth has supported the campaigns of 42 of the rightwing Republicans senators and members of Congress who voted last week to challenge US election results, doling out an estimated $20m to directly and indirectly support their campaigns in 2018 and 2020, according to data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics."

"The Club for Growth’s biggest beneficiaries include Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz, the two Republican senators who led the effort to invalidate Joe Biden’s electoral victory, and the newly elected far-right gun-rights activist Lauren Boebert, a QAnon conspiracy theorist. Boebert was criticised last week for tweeting about the House speaker Nancy Pelosi’s location during the attack on the Capitol, even after lawmakers were told not to do so by police."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...lub-for-growth
    John Clay
    Tallahassee, FL
    My Framebuilding: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21624415@N04/sets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His quote on CNN when something like: "Thank you for saving me, but fuck you for being there." - when talking about how he was bargaining for his life after being swarmed by the mob and having a few people in the crowd decide to protect him.

The more that comes out on this the angrier I get and the more I want to see every single one of those racist traitors involved rounded up and brought to justice - the ones on the ground and the ones behind the microphones and the ones inside the Capitol building and especially the one still in the WH.
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

The wheel is round. The hill lasts as long as it lasts. That's a fact. Everything else is pure theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answer me this: How was America Great Again or anything remotely functional going to happen if working with guys that believe in Q Anon? Isn´t a modicum of rational thinking needed for such enterprise?
    slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colker View Post
    Answer me this: How was America Great Again...
    pardon the humor. i never post stupid stuff like this, but this one genuinely made me chuckle and is on point:

lost.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but at what expense was america made "great" again?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The great problem of American political discourse has always been – strangely for such a Biblical culture – a refusal to accept the idea of original sin. Tragic narratives are driven by some version of this idea: something went wrong at the beginning and, until it is confronted and expiated, it will continue to play itself out in havoc and pain.

Biden has to create a bold departure from the hollow promises of the American dream and towards a new, real equality.
    The mainstream American narrative has worked in the opposite direction. The foundational acts are sacred. If the present has gone wrong, it is because we have deviated from our origins. We must return to those foundations and we will be great again. Trump repeated exactly this story; Biden must break from it once and for all."

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...ca-great-again
    Jay Dwight