User Tag List

Page 71 of 97 FirstFirst ... 616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1923

Thread: 2020 Political Chatter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2020 Political Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Yep, the letter just laid it all out in perfect three dimensions how potentially screwed they are and how much is behind the floodgates. And three broadcasts of an interview with a computer expert isn’t going to get them off the hook. Libel cases are notoriously difficult to win in the US, and plenty of people are commenting on how strong a case this one is.
    If the benchmark is $177M I don't really see how a libel win is going to put a damper on Fox, OAN, et al. An injunction would only bar them from talking about Dominion and the money is peanuts to these people. Not to say I don't love the effort.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by doomridesout View Post
    If the benchmark is $177M I don't really see how a libel win is going to put a damper on Fox, OAN, et al. An injunction would only bar them from talking about Dominion and the money is peanuts to these people. Not to say I don't love the effort.
    The money is peanuts for Fox News only because it is part of larger FOX Corporation (Fox News, Fox Sports, Fox Television Stations and Fox Entertainment). As a stand alone, this wipes out Fox News. I don't think the people running Sports want to subsidize the libel payment. For OAN and Newsmax, they are surprisingly tiny, and again this is not a peanut, it is a boulder.

Also, in a situation like this, it opens the flood gates. If Dom/Smart prevail, I could see others wanting to join the suit since think about the number unsubstantiated lies these people have told. Take a look a infowars and Sandyhook.... same type of situation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please send $ to the Warnock and Ossoff campaigns, and Stacy Abram's Fair Fight organization. The Democratic Party of Thomas County needs $ to help get out the vote in the southern tier of Georgia, too; one effort is erecting Warnock and Ossoff billboards ($275 each/week) on Highway 84 which traverses the southern part of the state and is currently pasted with Perdue and Loeffler election signs.

I've been spending a lot of time in the framebuilding shop lately; the local 60s-70s rock station I listen to is a Fox affiliate and in-between music sets are lies and baseless/disproven Red Scare demagoguery from Perdue, Loeffler, and of course Bill O'Reilly. I can't believe that any sentient being who pays a modicum of attention to their actions and proposals would think either is remotely concerned about anybody but the obscenely wealthy, and maintaining their place at their Swamp Trough. I think I've heard two ads by Warnock in the past few weeks.

The Warnock and Ossoff races are the entire ballgame at this point. We win both and have the potential for progressive change or lose either and watch Mitch McConnell stonewall everything; something he has proven to have zero compunction about doing.

Make it happen.
    John Clay
    Tallahassee, FL
    My Framebuilding: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21624415@N04/sets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mayor pete!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    mayor pete!
    2024 political chatter?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sine View Post
    2024 political chatter?
    Nope. He is nominated for Secretary of Transportation. I'm expecting great things from this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. He is nominated for Secretary of Transportation. I'm expecting great things from this one.
    Saw that a few days ago.

Since '24 has already started (groan) I was wondering if he hinted at another run earlier today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mayor pete!
    My town of Niles, MI is just above South Bend, IN where he was mayor. I'd attend bike-to-work and other events that the Michiana Bicycling Association would put on and Mayor Pete would always be there hanging around greeting people. I asked him how to pronounce his name :). South Bend has done a good job while he was mayor of making the city bicycling friendly. It has increased creating bike trails and painted bikeways to help direct bike traffic through town. I would expect him to be more sympathetic to the needs of cyclists compared to what Mitch McConnell's wife has been doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    The money is peanuts for Fox News only because it is part of larger FOX Corporation (Fox News, Fox Sports, Fox Television Stations and Fox Entertainment). As a stand alone, this wipes out Fox News. I don't think the people running Sports want to subsidize the libel payment. For OAN and Newsmax, they are surprisingly tiny, and again this is not a peanut, it is a boulder.

Also, in a situation like this, it opens the flood gates. If Dom/Smart prevail, I could see others wanting to join the suit since think about the number unsubstantiated lies these people have told. Take a look a infowars and Sandyhook.... same type of situation.

Yep, floodgates.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea what Trump is doing, throwing his party under the bus over the $2k stimulus payments.

He has been on the sidelines for weeks, not making a peep over this negotiation. And now that the legislation has passed both houses, he is undercutting his party? Endangering their shot at the Senate?

I'd be gleeful if I wasn't so perplexed.

Anyone have an explanation or theory?
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    I have no idea what Trump is doing, throwing his party under the bus over the $2k stimulus payments.

He has been on the sidelines for weeks, not making a peep over this negotiation. And now that the legislation has passed both houses, he is undercutting his party? Endangering their shot at the Senate?

You’re looking for logic when logic doesn’t apply. Trump is a pure sociopath. He’s a spoiled child having a tantrum. Expect a bumpy ride until he is exiled to Palm Beach (if they can’t find a way to bar him from the city...).

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gregl View Post
    You’re looking for logic when logic doesn’t apply. Trump is a pure sociopath. He’s a spoiled child having a tantrum. Expect a bumpy ride until he is exiled to Palm Beach (if they can’t find a way to bar him from the city...).
    And to sadly add to the tantrum reporting, the toddler-in-chief has now vetoed the FY21 National Defense Authorization Act. In one temperamental act, he disappoints his party, the military (including retirees), and the entire spectrum of industries that exist to support the military. They're getting exactly what they voted for a little over four years ago...

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea what Trump is doing, throwing his party under the bus over the $2k stimulus payments.[snip]
    Remember the old days, you'd go to a restaurant, then some 2 year old would start screaming and throwing
    his food all over ? Screaming his wants his favorite election toy now now now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you expect from a 6y old boy in an old body? He has dementia while having never reach adulthood.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If only there had been some way of knowing he was immature and erratic. Some warning sign. And some mechanism, like, say, an election, in 2016 to keep him employed with NBC.

Stunning and totally unpreventable.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    What do you expect from a 6y old boy in an old body? He has dementia while having never reach adulthood.
    Fitting for the U.S., then. Exhibit A of a country that went from barbarism to decadence without having experienced civilization.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

someone here help me understand in plain english, i dont get it:

what is up with all the presidential pardons? what does trump get out of these?

the latest with the blackwater contractors?

i can imagine how gutted i would feel if i worked very hard for the prosecution and with one signature it's all undone. i admittedly dont know much about these cases but knowing trump only does things in his personal best interest, i'm curios what the tie in is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    someone here help me understand in plain english, i dont get it:

what is up with all the presidential pardons? what does trump get out of these?

the latest with the blackwater contractors?

i can imagine how gutted i would feel if i worked very hard for the prosecution and with one signature it's all undone. i admittedly dont know much about these cases but knowing trump only does things in his personal best interest, i'm curios what the tie in is?
    Do a little homework and it’s not surprising...you knew that he would pardon the goons Manafort, Stone and Flynn in exchange for their silence and no question that he would pardon his SIL’s creep Dad...because he can. Just sickening.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to lighten up the thread.
    And no diminishment to the serious discussion.
    Seriously.
    Move it to the garbage if needed.