User Tag List

Page 57 of 97 FirstFirst ... 474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1923

Thread: 2020 Political Chatter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2020 Political Chatter

Why would any halfway psychologically healthy human being care to be in the same Zip Code as Donald Trump, never mind have a drink with him? That guy, and a few others who’ve felt emboldened to show their true selves, are oozing sacks of carcinogenic social puss. I just read Scott Atlas' "rise up against mask tyranny" comment; it's outrageous. These are very dangerous and beyond-disgusting people who rate sedition convictions.
    John Clay
    Tallahassee, FL
    My Framebuilding: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21624415@N04/sets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never claimed to be any portion of healthy. But if you had to chose between having a root beer with one of these deranged psychopaths? You can't be president and not be dangerous and beyond disgusting. Ignore the lipstick.
    Jeff Hazeltine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, I think the danger and reality (maybe) might be that you are seeing the low hanging fruit picked off by the media...of course there are always gong to see that via first hand accounts and all that silly stuff...those will be meaningless...and prove futile. But over the next week or two , My guess will be the real number crunchers get in there and come out with some serious analysis via how certain hot spot places went at various times...philly, milwaukee...the ones that changed state outcomes via that electoral swing...THEN it could get ugly...I personally hope Biden won this fair and square...but if it did turn out that those results or mail in things or whatever were compromised in a large scale way to me that is a far greater danger threat to this place than whichever bozo is called the winner....you have to remember regimes change and whats good for the gander is good for the goose long term powerwise...after all, this ain't sports and the point is your team winning by any means necessary...it's the legitimacy of the actual process....THAT will yield better results for all over time...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cash05458 View Post
    well, I think the danger and reality (maybe) might be that you are seeing the low hanging fruit picked off by the media...of course there are always gong to see that via first hand accounts and all that silly stuff...those will be meaningless...and prove futile. But over the next week or two , My guess will be the real number crunchers get in there and come out with some serious analysis via how certain hot spot places went at various times...philly, milwaukee...the ones that changed state outcomes via that electoral swing...THEN it could get ugly...I personally hope Biden won this fair and square...but if it did turn out that those results or mail in things or whatever were compromised in a large scale way to me that is a far greater danger threat to this place than whichever bozo is called the winner....you have to remember regimes change and whats good for the gander is good for the goose long term powerwise...after all, this ain't sports and the point is your team winning by any means necessary...it's the legitimacy of the actual process....THAT will yield better results for all over time...
    Except, there is no evidence of any large scale issues. Plus, cities tend to be more blue while also holding large amounts of people so Philly, Milwaukee, Detroit, Phoenix, etc. driving states to be more blue lines up with general logic. In addition, the majority of these battleground states were not large margins in 2016 (smaller than Biden's current winning margins in most places) when Trump won them so he can't be said to have had firm holds on any of these states.

tl;dr Biden won. There is no evidence of large scale voter fraud or any other issues. Cities going blue is the norm for the most part.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...population-us/

This election was about turnout, turnout, turnout. The numbers don't lie.
    There are simply more folks in the cities and those folks turned out.

The 'red' areas may not like it, but they'll have to accept it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: the former, you appear to have phrased the statement as a subjunctive. As such, it's no more than speculation right now and isn't ripe for discussion. Under normal circumstances, I really don't care if people were to debate hypothetical, but this is different, when unproven hypotheticals constitute the only charges levied by the incumbent, and various judges have held those charges to be just that: unproven and unfounded.

Re: the latter, one would be naive to believe that the other side hasn't already engaged in the sort of behavior (e.g. Sen. McConnell ramming through Judge Barret's confirmation while stalling the confirmation of Judge Garland, all the while with very similar fact patterns).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by classtimesailer View Post
    Brings back memories of George W. And "Who'd you rather have a beer with?" when R vs. D wasn't such a big deal and democracy wasn't "at stake". I'll be honest and say I'd rather share a 4-pack of IPA with Trump. Step outside this do or die 2020 stuff. Who'd you rather have a beer with? We won't tell your mom.
    And vélo related, Does Trek hold the presidential warrant?
    Biden is hands down the more interesting and civil person, I see no reason why I ever want to hang out with a narcissistic liar who will refuse to pick up his part of the bill.

But to each his own I guess.
    Support your local bike shop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on an article in the NYT this morning, which gives information done by analysts NOT associated with the Times...Philly, Milwaukee, and Detroit had ZERO to do with him losing those States.
    It was suburbs and small shifts in white votes outside of those cities. In fact, in small numbers but still numbers Trump actually improved his vote count in those cities. That is why the trope about corruption in those ethnically Black, poorer, more urban and thus can't be "trusted" to get anything right cities is just a racist trope not backed by facts and reality according to the AG of Michigan. The Trump people are barking up the wrong tree complaining about those three cities
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/16/u...gtype=Homepage
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loknor View Post
    Biden is hands down the more interesting and civil person, I see no reason why I ever want to hang out with a narcissistic liar who will refuse to pick up his part of the bill.

Trump was the first President in a century not to have a pet in the White House. Tells you everything you need to know about the man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    Trump was the first President in a century not to have a pet in the White House. Tells you everything you need to know about the man.
    He had Mrs Trump...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

certainly not yet anyhow....I would give it some time to be honest...it seems most here are in agreement as to who they want this election to go to...me as well...but I would wait a bit via the deep dive and when the number folks go thru it all...just saying...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

certainly not yet anyhow....I would give it some time to be honest...it seems most here are in agreement as to who they want this election to go to...me as well...but I would wait a bit via the deep dive and when the number folks go thru it all...just saying...
    No, you're really not. Votes were cast and then there is the counting of them. In some cases recounts and/or audits are appropriate.

You just seem to be spouting some contrived, poorly punctuated innuendo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loknor View Post
    More interesting is subjective. Sexual molestation is more difficult to put on a scale and not have it overwhelm any counter balance. Well, it used to be. Millions of voters overlooked Trump's serious flaws in 2016 and more millions overlooked Biden's in 2020. As human beings, both are assholes who should have been beaten senseless by all those girls fathers and or brothers. If only that had happened, we could have been spared this heads they win, tails we loose coin flip.
    Jeff Hazeltine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More interesting is subjective. Sexual molestation is more difficult to put on a scale and not have it overwhelm any counter balance. Well, it used to be. Millions of voters overlooked Trump's serious flaws in 2016 and more millions overlooked Biden's in 2020. As human beings, both are assholes who should have been beaten senseless by all those girls fathers and or brothers. If only that had happened, we could have been spared this heads they win, tails we loose coin flip.
    eh, you're making a false equivalence here. One candidate has been credibly accused by over two dozen women and was caught on tape making comments that would equate to sexual assault if they turned out to be true. the other was accused by one woman who couldn't keep her story straight when it was investigated and has well documented cases of being maybe too handsy but harmless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As John Bolton noted, if there was some grand scheme of Democratic political operatives to swing just the Presidential election, they need to be hired at the CIA tomorrow to work on our overseas interests. Rare that I agree with a war criminal, but we live in strange times.

None of the conspiracy theories around the voting make even a little bit of sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what would a bunch of men beating another man for anything between touching to accusations of rape actually achieve? Two wrongs don't make a right. Sexual harassment through to sexual violence against women blights us all. As does a bunch of people beating another senseless. It is 2020 after all. Fortunately attitudes are changing (slowly), though it does amaze me that Trump is still alive and kicking (politically and legally I mean) given the volume of complaints and the seriousness of some of those complaints.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Powerful men being handsy but harmless towards women in the workplace. Meet the new boss...same as the old boss. And one last thing before I get out from under this glorious flyover. I've never met a father or brother who wouldn't take the law into his own hands if their daughter or sister claimed they were raped. Maybe we are old fashioned.
    Sorry I jumped in here. Carry on.
    Jeff Hazeltine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Powerful men being handsy but harmless towards women in the workplace. Meet the new boss...same as the old boss.
    Handsy and rape-y are two entirely different things. I have i laws who lies me on the friggin lips when they hug me to say hello (Catholics from PA oddly enough). I deal with it cause that’s the norms of the family and we joke around about turning at the last second to catch it on the cheek if you’re lucky.

None of them ever pinned me against a wall, and shoved a penis in me in a dressing room. Don’t equivocate. Biden has no credible allegations against him. You might not like his politics, but he’s no rapist. Trump and Bill Clinton are a different breed of entitled men (when it comes to women) than Biden.
    Jason Babcock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    And what would a bunch of men beating another man for anything between touching to accusations of rape actually achieve? Two wrongs don't make a right. Sexual harassment through to sexual violence against women blights us all. As does a bunch of people beating another senseless. It is 2020 after all. Fortunately attitudes are changing (slowly), though it does amaze me that Trump is still alive and kicking (politically and legally I mean) given the volume of complaints and the seriousness of some of those complaints.
    Dude - You just called the Presidents wife a "pet" a few post above. You comparing the First Lady to an animal is odd, in the context of your post quoted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Pet." A domestic or tamed animal kept for companionship or pleasure. Hmm.

Lest anyone feel their insides stirring with righteous indignation, let's just establish that Mrs. Trump #3 has earned every bit of scorn that is tossed her way. "I really don't care. Do u?"