User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: VAR CD-38210-1.370 BB tap right handed thread - Compatibility question

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VAR CD-38210-1.370 BB tap right handed thread - Compatibility question

Hey folks,

I have a VAR CD-38200 set of handles and taps for chasing threads in Bottom Brackets.

For English threads there is a right and left handed thread. The right handed thread being on the Non-Drive Side.

Well I need to replace that die with the CD-38210-1.370 because it is well worn.

QUESTIONs-
    1.Does anyone know where I can get one of these? I tried Mel Pinto Imports but cant seem to get ahold of anyone. I tried ordering one from an obscure Euro distributor and 8 weeks later they sent me the Italian version. I tried the Canada distributor for VAR and they only sell the complete tool ($900).

2. Can these be sharpened by a pro carbide grinder?

3. Is there a cross compatibility with any of the other tool companies such as Park Tools?

Any help here appreciated.
    Hale Sramek
    halekai machine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: VAR CD-38210-1.370 BB tap right handed thread - Compatibility question

Here in the NE of USA there are many tool grinders (people, not machines) that can do the work. If you are near Rochester, NY I can reference one local guy. Andy
    Andy Stewart
    10%

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: VAR CD-38210-1.370 BB tap right handed thread - Compatibility question

Andy,
    I appreciate that. I suspected that sharpening might be an option. Its enough to know that it can be done. Ill seek out a grinder in my local area (SF).
    Hale Sramek
    halekai machine