User Tag List

Thread: NBA Bubble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default NBA Bubble

James Harden is my favorite player - ice in his veins in spite of his cute little tummy. He's blowing up the bubble. Clippers looking dangerous. Lakers on top, but people finding faults with them. Pelicans and my hometown hero Zion (who sat out as much time at Duke as I can remember!), yeesh, not so much. Lots of dangerous teams, though. I like JH and the Rockets', but the West is tough, at least I still really think it looks that way. They say it used to be the West vs. LeBron. When the Rockets handled Milwaukee the other night, I thought "there's still something to it."

Basketball is awesome; the players are doing us a solid by holing up. Etc. Discuss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NBA Bubble

My new thought watching a game the other day is that I should analyse before and after FT% - it's got to be higher now without the distraction of thousands of people waving behind the basket. I've seen a few guys saying that generally shooting is easier too. Makes a lot of sense.
    It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently, there is lots of great wine in the bubble...

Inside the NBA bubble's unofficial wine club

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zambenini View Post
    James Harden is my favorite player -

Ugh....such a frustrating player to watch.

Glad to be able to talk live sports again. #gosixers
    Will Neide (pronounced Nighty, like the thing worn to bed)

Webpage : : Flickr : : Tumblr : : Facebook
    Instagram: wilco_cycleworks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kdawg View Post
    My new thought watching a game the other day is that I should analyse before and after FT% - it's got to be higher now without the distraction of thousands of people waving behind the basket. I've seen a few guys saying that generally shooting is easier too. Makes a lot of sense.
    They have been draining them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Neide View Post
    Ugh....such a frustrating player to watch.

Glad to be able to talk live sports again. #gosixers
    Tell me your frustrations. The doctor is in. $0.05.

Last night, we saw that the Rockets minus Westbrook could handily handle the Lakers minus Lebron ... not sure if that clarifies the West that much. Anthony Davis looked tough to guard at points. Who's gonna make more of a difference on those Squads, Lebron or Russel, well, probably Lebron, but RW is an x factor for Houston.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me your frustrations. The doctor is in. $0.05.

Last night, we saw that the Rockets minus Westbrook could handily handle the Lakers minus Lebron ... not sure if that clarifies the West that much. Anthony Davis looked tough to guard at points. Who's gonna make more of a difference on those Squads, Lebron or Russel, well, probably Lebron, but RW is an x factor for Houston.
    It'll be interesting to see how the season progresses without jet lag, travel, etc to wear down the players. I think it favors an aging Lebron and Russell. I think those two teams also lack the chemistry to win it all. Certainly have the talent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know much about basketball, but I think Steve Kerr is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcm119 View Post
    I don't know much about basketball, but I think Steve Kerr is awesome.
    Great player, great coach, though I don't see how the Warriors managed to spiral all the way to last place from such great heights. They might get the first draft pick?? It's almost like they took a page out of @willneide 's 76ers' playbook.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great player, great coach, though I don't see how the Warriors managed to spiral all the way to last place from such great heights. They might get the first draft pick?? It's almost like they took a page out of @willneide 's 76ers' playbook.
    What a track record they have. Simmons.....the worst shooting guard in history. Fultz.....yips. Okafor.....where'd ya go? I enjoyed the Cinderella story of seeing Mikal Bridges drafted by the Sixers...and then promptly traded. What heartbreak. I still #trusttheprocess though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Neide View Post
    What a track record they have. Simmons.....the worst shooting guard in history. Fultz.....yips. Okafor.....where'd ya go? I enjoyed the Cinderella story of seeing Mikal Bridges drafted by the Sixers...and then promptly traded. What heartbreak. I still #trusttheprocess though.
    Fun fact, I literally bumped elbows with Okafor at Duke's Last Day of Classes celebration the year they won the championship. Man that was an awesome team. My grad school mates and I, yes, we were too old to be there, lol, but it was a fun night. We started going to the party in previous years because one year there was a rumor Springsteen was going to be the surprise musical guest because his daughter was graduating from Duke and he was playing Raleigh the next night, yadda yadda yadda. Fake news.

I think it wound up being T-Pain or somebody the championship year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of their main players have been injured - and they’ve sort of done the Spurs thing where they haven’t rushed anyone back so they get a lottery pick. Not quite tanking but pretty close.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve Kerr has a remarkable personal back story as well. Same with Gregg Popovich. There are some smart, thoughtful, worldly folks in the NBA.
    Last edited by Saab2000; 08-08-2020 at 09:53 AM.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Steve Kerr has a remarkable personal back story as well. Same with Gregg Popovich. There are some smart, thoughtful, worldly folks in the NBA.
    Yes, that's right, though I don't know Popp's. There are some really kind and decent people too - David Robinson comes to mind. Been glad to see his son at Duke.

Which reminds me, we've been watching the MJ doc which is unbelievable and a lot of childhood feels there for sure. Rodman has really invoked some pathos for me, but I was laughing thinking about him and David Robinson, Mr. Bright and Shiny Navy guy, playing together.
    Last edited by deano; 08-08-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that's right, though I don't know Popp's. There are some really kind and decent people too - David Robinson comes to mind. Been glad to see his son at Duke.

Which reminds me, we've been watching the MJ doc which is unbelievable and a lot of childhood feels there for sure. Rodman has really invoked some pathos for me, but I was laughing thinking about him and David Robinson, Mr. Bright and Shiny Navy guy, playing together.
    Popp is a US Air Force Academy graduate and worked in military intelligence for several years. Coach K from Duke is a West Point graduate. These institutions are difficult to get into and are academically top notch. These are bright guys.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a Cavs fan I have no skin in the game but have been enjoying watching random games - last nights Nuggets and Jazz was a cracker.

They should both change to those uniforms permanently too - the Jazz ones are fantastic and I like those Mile High ones too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can’t stand Harden though! As a left handed 2 guard I feel a bit guilty but I just don’t like his game. Feels cheap to me - although I always appreciate a good free throw shooter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kdawg View Post
    I can’t stand Harden though! As a left handed 2 guard I feel a bit guilty but I just don’t like his game. Feels cheap to me - although I always appreciate a good free throw shooter.
    We can hang. :::beer:::

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rodman is Negative-Jordan. He spent his whole career studying where the ball goes when the shooter misses. Jordan spent his whole career studying not missing. To have them on the same team was a stroke of genius. And I think Jordan was the person who wanted him on the team if I’m not mistaken(?)
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you’re mistaken - management thought it might work and took the idea to him and Scottie due to their history - I suppose he “approved” it, but it wasn’t idea.

His time at the Wizards probably demonstrated his player management prowess!