Is it worth $1k to have photos/videos that might help catch someone in the act? I realize it’s a personal question, but am curious to know the opinions of others - particularly anyone who has an experience where having cameras has helped. Also would love to know what brands have been good or bad experiences.

IE, say it costs me about $1k to get four cameras and a doorbell. If the cameras catch pictures of someone that I do not know, have I just wasted $1k and had my package stolen? Or would the videos actually help? Seems like it may be smarter to have high value packages either delivered to a locker or held at UPS/FedEx, even though that is a pain. I used to have high value stuff sent to my office, but with COVID procedures in place, that’s now a no-go.

Might be worth it just to see the stuff that my kids do while I am at work.

Currently looking at an Arlo system (four cameras and a doorbell camera). Trying to decide if the cameras are just a placebo or if they might actually help. I already have a conventional security system (door triggers, all the windows, glass breaks, interior motion, etc) that is cellular.

Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks!