User Tag List

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Election: Who will be Joe Biden’s running mate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2020 Presidential Election: Who will be Joe Biden’s running mate?

It’s Friday and some of the other threads have run their course.

Who will Joe pick? Why or why not another? Some VPs matter more others. This go around I think it’s bigger than normal.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2020 Presidential Election: Who will be Joe Biden’s running mate?

Supposedly next week...from the interwebs...

The fact that Biden is only considering women candidates for his running mate says more about where the Democratic Party is than it does about Biden’s personal convictions, Devine and Kopko said. “Up to this point it’s seen as picking a woman would be a bold move, an unconventional move, a strong signal,” said Devine. “At this point, I think the script is flipped somewhat, and it would be a slight to have an all-male ticket.” The real question now is whether Biden will pick a woman of color like Harris, Rice, Reps. Karen Bass and Val Demings, or Stacey Abrams; a progressive like Sen. Elizabeth Warren; or a figure from the Midwest like Sen. Tammy Baldwin or Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

Bass, Harris, Rice, Warren and Whitmer seem to be leading the pack. The real question seems to be which VP candidate has enough draw to help Biden take out Trump and Pence, as that candidate is most likely a presidential contender as well, when Biden either completes his term(s) or travels to the next world.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mitt Romney, let us unite Dem-Americans and Rep-Americans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tammy Duckworth should get it just for coining the best insult name "Cadet Bonespurs."
    She could probably deal with any of the crap coming, including the inevitable from him, "I like helicopter pilots who don't get their legs blown off, okay."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott G. View Post
    Joe should reach across the aisle when he forms a cabinet. Maybe give Romney the Treasury or State. But the Veep should be a Dem. I'm glad it will be a woman and hope she is one of color. Stacey Abrams would be a good pick, if only to drive the MAGAmuffins crazy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Duckworth but she's from Illinois. He will pick a VP from California, Harris or Bass. Between those two, I'd rather see Bass. Harris ran a poor campaign, didn't inspire anyone. Biden can do that on his own.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    He will pick a VP from California
    Why CA? It certainly wouldn't be as a tactical move, since they don't need that to get the CA Electoral College votes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabouya View Post
    Why CA? It certainly wouldn't be as a tactical move, since they don't need that to get the CA Electoral College votes.
    Biden is from Delaware, picking a VP candidate from the West Coast would broaden his appeal. I'd rather see Duckworth, but I'm betting on California.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott G. View Post
    Not in a million years. Biden needs progressives to show up, and that doesn't happen with Romney. And there's not enough disaffected "good" Republicans who will vote for a Biden/Romney ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabouya View Post
    Bass doesn't have grander designs if Biden is a one-term President from the jump, and doesn't stand in the way of whoever in the party wants to come behind for 2024. She's well liked and respected, and checks the box of Biden saying he'd get a woman VP nominee.

Harris would be more setting her up for a 2024 run when Joe steps aside. She didn't do well in the primary until she handed Biden's ass to him in a hat, but it was too little, too late. She would destroy Pence in a debate.

The regionality of candidates matters way less than it used to in this polarized era. Conventional thinking would mean someone from the Midwest, but in this climate I doubt it wins you many votes in a critical state.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I see it, any VP choice needs to fulfill three different roles:

1) Help Biden win in 2020
    2) Be visibly competent, while not making significant waves from 2020-2024
    3) Assuming Biden doesn't go for a second term, be sufficiently inspiring to win in 2024

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waaaaay back I was hoping for Stacey A. I'm going with Duckworth. She is formidable.

Outside shot is a Val Demmings because winning FL would be a slam dunk and she has some stones. Say what you may she is damn good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going with Susan Rice. Duckworth 2nd.

Harris would be a disappointing pick, and I don't see her securing votes that he doesn't already have. He needs to win moderates and disappointed republicans.
    Will Neide (pronounced Nighty, like the thing worn to bed)

Webpage : : Flickr : : Tumblr : : Facebook
    Instagram: wilco_cycleworks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Neide View Post
    I'm going with Susan Rice. Duckworth 2nd.

Harris would be a disappointing pick, and I don't see her securing votes that he doesn't already have. He needs to win moderates and disappointed republicans.
    Dang I really did not want to comment on this. Susan Rice brings incredible skills and would hit the ground running....and the opposition would chant lock her up. I deeply regret this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though I live in IA presently I was born and raised in IL and former U.S. Army Lieutenant Col. Tammy Duckworth has stones, she is more than willing to stand up to whatever the Republicans throw her way. I've been a fan of hers for a while, but the comment about her legs are made from Titanium They Don't Buckle, sealed the deal for me.
    Frank Beshears

The gentlest thing in the world
    overcomes the hardest thing in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My heart says Warren, my brain either Bass or Rice.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    My heart says Warren, my brain either Bass or Rice.
    Polling among young voters in particular who backed Sanders would agree.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure the next President is President Pelosi since the post election clusterbomb of litigation will happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    I'm pretty sure the next President is President Pelosi since the post election clusterbomb of litigation will happen.
    Bottle of Proseco says you are wrong. There will be a President selected in a timely manner.

Fun's fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Bottle of Proseco says you are wrong. There will be a President selected in a timely manner.

Fun's fun.
    Trump Winery - BdB Magnum Signature Series

how about a big bottle of real rot gut?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    President Pelosi and VP Morgan Freeman,
    he has been President of the US in many crises.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast