User Tag List

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Election: Who will be Joe Biden’s running mate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2020 Presidential Election: Who will be Joe Biden’s running mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Mabouya View Post
    So you know durn well that that will never happen.

But the GOP has seen the future, and they know that practically all the demographic trends are against them. That's why they try to pull off all the dirty tricks they do (e.g. gerrymandering).

The republicans have been staggeringly successful with gerrymandering. Rationalized districting would have a huge impact on the political landscape.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mjbabcock View Post
    You folks who are bitching about the Democratic ticket not meeting your lofty Liberal standards risk spreading the same dispassionate fungus that infected the Clinton campaign. Don’t for a second think Trump and Pence want you to feel “blah” about the competition. Suppressing the vote, just a little bit, is their only path to reelection. They want a “bad taste in your mouth” so you don’t feel that rod going up your ass.
    Blaming us for Clinton's loss instead of realizing she was a shit candidate and had a shit strategy is as much a waste of time, or more, than you think we are wanting a better ticket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JJohnson View Post
    Blaming us for Clinton's loss instead of realizing she was a shit candidate and had a shit strategy is as much a waste of time, or more, than you think we are wanting a better ticket.
    I'm sorry you're so unhappy.

So who are you voting for?
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sine View Post
    This presidential election cycle sucks. But keeping to Harris, I doubt she is going to be as loyal as Biden would like.
    An optimist !
    Mark Walberg
    Building bike frames for fun since 1973.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    I'm sorry you're so unhappy.

So who are you voting for?
    Probably Howie Hawkins at this point. Wasted my vote on Hillary last time, unfortunately.

I'm sure you'd be unhappy if you didn't sit in the "Vote Blue No Matter Who" camp and are happy with any old candidate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the feeling the Democratic Party leaders are tanking this election on purpose (like some NFL teams have done, to secure next season's 1st round draft pick), gear up for the house & senate runs, and continue to wage war against Trump for 4 more years.

Easier to point fingers and blame someone "everyone" dislikes than to do the hard work our elected officials were elected to do.

Harris is a safe choice, because if the ticket fails, the other side can be labeled racist and misogynists. Name calling and labelling is what the country seems to excel at these days.

Yes, a very disappointing election coming up. But that's our process...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    I get the feeling the Democratic Party leaders are tanking this election on purpose (like some NFL teams have done, to secure next season's 1st round draft pick), gear up for the house & senate runs, and continue to wage war against Trump for 4 more years.

Easier to point fingers and blame someone "everyone" dislikes than to do the hard work our elected officials were elected to do.

Harris is a safe choice, because if the ticket fails, the other side can be labeled racist and misogynists. Name calling and labelling is what the country seems to excel at these days.

Yes, a very disappointing election coming up. But that's our process...
    The party leaders think they're appealing to the broadest spectrum of people while also putting a woman of color as VP. The actual left thinks the Crime Bill/ Cop ticket is pretty tone deaf given all of the BLM activity this year. But this is what they think is a winner. The election is all about Trump, so the ticket will do. They can push their centrism. There are supreme court and cabinet appointments, and we will vote for this half-measure ticket in order to clean house.

Make no mistake no one is trying to tank this election but Trump. And we don't need to label the Republican party as racist or misogynist because their actions already do that.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what Trump tweeted this morning:

The “suburban housewife” will be voting for me. They want safety & are thrilled that I ended the long running program where low income housing would invade their neighborhood. Biden would reinstall it, in a bigger form, with Corey Booker in charge!

He is a racist. He is a misogynist.

This is why the Republicans have to destroy education and invent their own reality. Because in order to be viable, when a duck walks, talks, and quacks like a duck, and that duck is the president, the only option is to shoot the person saying "hey look, a duck!"
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post
    The party leaders think they're appealing to the broadest spectrum of people while also putting a woman of color as VP. The actual left thinks the Crime Bill/ Cop ticket is pretty tone deaf given all of the BLM activity this year. But this is what they think is a winner. The election is all about Trump, so the ticket will do. They can push their centrism. There are supreme court and cabinet appointments, and we will vote for this half-measure ticket in order to clean house.

Make no mistake no one is trying to tank this election but Trump. And we don't need to label the Republican party as racist or misogynist because their actions already do that.
    Yay, centrist Supreme Court appointees. That'll get money out of politics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're assuming it couldn't be all of the above? A miasma of unenthusiastic progressive voters, candidate with baggage and a shoddy campaign, a presumption it was all in the bag because he was such a terrible candidate in his own right, combined with a foreign intelligence effort to keep a thumb on the scale, and you get 2016.

We are a participatory democracy. We all own the leaders we get, like it or not. Is Biden my preferred candidate? Fuuuuuck no. But given the choices we have -- further slide into fascism or a slightly more progressive version of Joe Biden? It ain't a choice at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sine View Post
    But keeping to Harris, I doubt she is going to be as loyal as Biden would like.
    Is this a veiled shot at ambitious women, or do you have some reason to believe she's going to stab him in the back?
    Jason Babcock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a veiled shot at ambitious women, or do you have some reason to believe she's going to stab him in the back?
    Thanks for aligning with an earlier point. Criticize Harris, and you are taking a shot at women. That didn't take long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for aligning with an earlier point. Criticize Harris, and you are taking a shot at women. That didn't take long.
    Some of us care about marginalized people, and don’t treat politics as a spectator sport because of our privilege. I’m voting Biden not because he aligns with my personal politics, but because a vote against Trump is a vote against an authoritarian and fascist government. It’s an imperfect vote to save actual human lives.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably Howie Hawkins at this point. Wasted my vote on Hillary last time, unfortunately.

I'm sure you'd be unhappy if you didn't sit in the "Vote Blue No Matter Who" camp and are happy with any old candidate.
    I enthusiastically supported, worked for, and voted for Warren. She didn't win.

I will now enthusiastically support, work for, and vote for Biden and Harris. And I deeply hope they will win.

I had to look up Howie Hawkins to confirm he's the Green Party candidate for 2020. Hey, I'd prefer him to Trump. But I've got a better choice, one who can feasibly win, govern, and move the nation in the right direction.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of us care about marginalized people, and don’t treat politics as a spectator sport because of our privilege..
    I hope your not insinuating I'm either of the above. You'd be dead wrong on both.

Your reply had nothing to do with my reply that you quoted, other than use it as a jumping off point to again slam Trump and state your feelings. Just do so on your own, don't use my post as an excuse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a veiled shot at ambitious women,
    No.

Ambitious. Yes, of course. I would say the same if Joe picked a Pete or anyone else looking to '24.

It has been reported that Joe was looking (among many other criteria) for someone who would be loyal. On that count I think Bass would have been a better choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope your not insinuating...
    Insinuating? Nah. I said what I said.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Neide View Post
    Harris would be a disappointing pick, and I don't see her securing votes that he doesn't already have.
    Well, it's nice to know who the VP candidate is, but I'm still disappointed. It's like the democrats want to make things as difficult for themselves as possible.

If my Facebook stream is any indication, she isn't a fan favorite amongst the black community. It sounds like a lot of holding the nose and pulling the lever.

Just my opinion, but she doesn't come across as very sincere and honest. Biden is goofy, but seems harmless. Trump and Pence are downright rotten.

I'm tired of this binary system.
    Will Neide (pronounced Nighty, like the thing worn to bed)

Webpage : : Flickr : : Tumblr : : Facebook
    Instagram: wilco_cycleworks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insinuating? Nah. I said what I said.
    Food for thought: some people who care about the same issues you do - may also be Republicans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Food for thought: some people who care about the same issues you do - may also be Republicans.
    However, you only get one vote. Make it the lesser of two evils.

I'm referring strictly about the presidential election here.
    Rick

If the process is more important than the result, you play. If the result is more important than the process, you work.