User Tag List

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Election: Who will be Joe Biden’s running mate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2020 Presidential Election: Who will be Joe Biden’s running mate?

Its continually shocking how some can discount the behavior of the president, pretend like he doesn't ask and literally demand the attention, good and bad. And similarly shocking that those same folks always have a thin excuse as to why shitty behaviors or silly theories have any place in serious discussions and matters of governing society. We are a selfish group

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mzilliox View Post
    Its continually shocking how some can discount the behavior of the president, pretend like he doesn't ask and literally demand the attention, good and bad. And similarly shocking that those same folks always have a thin excuse as to why shitty behaviors or silly theories have any place in serious discussions and matters of governing society. We are a selfish group
    We politely request that you bring your grumps to the political thread. Thingeww verrry mulch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So? How is she doing?

I'm taking side bets there will be no V.P. debate and possibly no Presidential debate. Let's bet on the V.P. debate.

My stock and trade is clever comebacks and slinging NFS. Pick one. What are you willing to lose?

One punter at a time. Others please make your own bets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    Barry Blitt from the latest New Yorker

Nil magnum nisi bonum

Seneca, I think.
    Mark Kelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    We politely request that you bring your grumps to the political thread. Thingeww verrry mulch
    The current political thread is hooked to the covid thing. Time for a standalone politics thread?
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    The current political thread is hooked to the covid thing. Time for a standalone politics thread?
    Good idea. Do it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So? How is she doing?

I'm taking side bets there will be no V.P. debate and possibly no Presidential debate. Let's bet on the V.P. debate.

My stock and trade is clever comebacks and slinging NFS. Pick one. What are you willing to lose?

One punter at a time. Others please make your own bets.
    Pence vs. Harris? She will land many crushing blows but Pence's uncanny ability to smile and lie, repeat mindless talking points without answering or acknowledging a question, and obsequiously praise his boss, will leave him unscathed, unruffled, and he will leave just as pretty as he walked in. Pence has a profound talent for lying, as the coronavirus task force press conference showed us, and he won't have even the pretense of being under oath.

It will be similar and dissimilar to Randall "Tex" Cobb going 15 rounds with Larry Holmes. Cobb's strategy for coming out of his corner every round was the hope that Holmes would break a hand, he was hitting him so hard.

If and only if Pence decides to engage it will be ugly. The moderator may cry and quit broadcasting.
    Trod Harland, Pickle Expediter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debates will sway no voters. Why have them, especially at the VP level? Of course, it’s good for TV ratings. Candidates aren’t likely to win voters but they certainly might lose some.

I’ve lost virtually all interest in the process. I know who I’m voting for and who won’t get get my vote and it’s hard to imagine any scenario that would change that.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Debates will sway no voters.
    Oh, I think you are incorrect.

There are a lot of people on the fence. Biden needs to not only debate, but he has to at least equal Trump on the debate stage.

No presidential debatea then Biden runs the risk of losing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sine View Post
    edit.

There are a lot of people on the fence. Biden needs to not only debate, but he has to at least equal Trump on the debate stage.

He just needs to remember Reagan quip- 'There you go again' everytime Trump opens his mouth and a lie comes out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    He just needs to remember Reagan quip- 'There you go again' everytime Trump opens his mouth and a lie comes out.
    You are right....Biden needs to adhere to the kiss principle.......it should be pretty easy with Trump.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are right....Biden needs to adhere to the kiss principle.......it should be pretty easy with Trump.
    I think Biden should make a precondition of debates, Trump releasing his tax returns. If not, I would not bother debating the liar.

The whole debate format is just a joke anyway. The democrats and Republicans took it away from the league of women voters because they did not want another party involved they couldn't control.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    I think Biden should make a precondition of debates, Trump releasing his tax returns. If not, I would not bother debating the liar.
    This would make it too easy for Trump to skip the debates and blame it on Biden. I've gone on record before as saying I don't think they will happen. Trump is too much of a chickenshit coward and there's no upside for him. I stand by the prediction - Trump will refuse to participate; MAGAfokkers will lap it up and media will focus on it incessantly while Kushner and Co. use the distraction to find another way to fuck the country on the down low.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit.

I disagree. Trump is an entertainer looking for maximal airtime...he isn't interested in debating issues. Don't give him an opening to stand in front of millions. Let him squirm in press conferences and interviews with seasoned reporters if he wants broad exposure. Othwewise, let him have FOX and the voters that network represents.
    Jason Babcock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy is anyone listening to the GOP convention? I never disliked the GOP, I never voted for them either. One of these two things is no longer true. Good grief.

These folks are featured speakers. Somebody tell me on what planet this is good for the GOP platform...for instance.

Last edited by Too Tall; 08-24-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy is anyone listening to the GOP convention? I never disliked the GOP, I never voted for them either. One of these two things is no longer true. Good grief.
    I plan to dis-register (un-register?) as a Republican. The party leadership has completely forgotten their history and the moderate members of the party. I don't want my name associated with lying criminals. Guess I'll be registering as an independent.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What makes him look "tougher?" The AR or the pink shirt?

I wish I could pull off pink.
    Will Neide (pronounced Nighty, like the thing worn to bed)

Webpage : : Flickr : : Tumblr : : Facebook
    Instagram: wilco_cycleworks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Neide View Post
    What makes him look "tougher?" The AR or the pink shirt?

I wish I could pull off pink.
    Reverse the skin hues of the foreground figure with the background figures, and methinks that trump and his minions would be talking about this in a very, very different way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by monadnocky View Post
    Reverse the skin hues of the foreground figure with the background figures, and methinks that trump and his minions would be talking about this in a very, very different way.
    It really puts the (white) privilege on full display. It's mind boggling that a whole party would think it's OK to promote it.
    Will Neide (pronounced Nighty, like the thing worn to bed)

Webpage : : Flickr : : Tumblr : : Facebook
    Instagram: wilco_cycleworks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody tell me on what planet this is good for the GOP platform...for instance.
    The GOP does not have a platform any longer. Literally.

These folk appeal to a - unfortunately - not insignificant chunk of America that is on board with a platform that rhymes with "might wower."