First time poster, recentish lurker.

I would like to build my second bicycle but now is not the right time for me to buy a jig. What are my options?
I live in Melbourne.

I built a lugged bike on a course last year. I bought an oxy/propane torch two months ago, built a porteur rack with it and have been trying to figure out fillet brazing on some straight gauge 4130 tubing (I've not yet figured it out).

It's all immensely satisfying and deeply rewarding, but I feel like I need to ease into the hobby a bit more before I really commit and buy a jig.

I thought maybe an alignment table would be more cost-effective, but I've found very little info and it feels like the US or UK is probably a better place to pick one up second-hand. I assume that getting one new (and transporting it) would end up being similar money to a jig.

Is it feasible to prepare a lugged frame on top of blueprints and sweet-talk someone into letting me tack on their jig?

I'd love to build a new bike, but I'm also open to anything practical that will advance my skills in the right direction (more racks, stems, lug carving etc).

IMG_2595.jpeg