User Tag List

Thread: Blenders/Smoothie Makers/Straws

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Blenders/Smoothie Makers/Straws

I've gotten back into the habit of making smoothies for breakfast. Loving the feeling of consuming fist fulls of goodness in a cup.

I work remotely which keeps me away from my home and my wife's beloved Vitamix. It's fantastic. A joy to use. But too big for my use.
    So I researched until I spent enough of my time to buy four blenders and ended up buying this thing...
    Attachment 116017
    It's okay. It's fine. It'll do the job. Nothing like the Vitamix but wasn't expecting it to be.

Now I want a straw. Back to the internet. My word - the options for straws are endless. Is it stainless steel or titanium or copper or silicon or bamboo, plastic? Straight or bent? Silicon tip or no? Extendable? Travel pouch?

Perhaps no straw at all; just lapping it up?

What are you using?

Someone please make these troublesome obsessions go away and just tell me what to buy.
    Rick

If the process is more important than the result, you play. If the result is more important than the process, you work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Blenders/Smoothie Makers/Straws

I got this thing 5 years ago and it is still going strong.

Cleanblend Commercial Blender

It is a bit loud, but there is nothing I have found that it will not make into a smoothie. My after workout recovery beverages (Water, whey powder, almond butter, a handful of spinach, banana, mango strawberries or blueberries most of the time) start there...

I slurp it straight down, never thought of using a straw...
    Last edited by guido; 07-11-2020 at 09:02 PM.
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Blenders/Smoothie Makers/Straws

Quote Originally Posted by Ras72 View Post
    Now I want a straw. Back to the internet. My word - the options for straws are endless. Is it stainless steel or titanium or copper or silicon or bamboo, plastic? Straight or bent? Silicon tip or no? Extendable? Travel pouch?

Perhaps no straw at all; just lapping it up?

What are you using?

Someone please make these troublesome obsessions go away and just tell me what to buy.
    I tend to pour mine into a Yeti mug with the straw top: YETI Rambler Tumbler Straw Lid, 2 And 3 Oz

We have some silicone-type straws around too, and they're fine.

The only real "must" is a straw cleaning brush to make sure you don't end up with little bits of spinach stuck inside it.