User Tag List

Thread: V-Salon Nomad's ride V2.1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default V-Salon Nomad's ride V2.1

After a Covid interrupted attempt at having a Nomad's ride this spring we have a new fall date. Book your site at Pine Grove Furnace State Park for the weekend of Friday October 2 - Sunday October 4. We have site 67 reserved.
    Campground Details - PINE GROVE FURNACE STATE PARK, PA - Pennsylvania State Parks

Similar to last year we will have an easy warm up ride Friday evening. Saturday will have a couple of options in the 30-50 mile range. (unless AngryScientist convinces me we need to try for the 100 mile option) Sunday will be another 30ish mile ride before heading home.

Fall foilage should just be starting so it should be pretty. More details to follow.
    Dan Bare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: V-Salon Nomad's ride V2.1

I guess gotta get my neighbor's hooptie tuned up. Josh's bike stayed in the top tube stretcher for too long for me :-)

I'll do my best to make it at least for Friday and Saturday rides. I also humbly offer a couple racks of smoked ribs for the Saturday feast.

Quote Originally Posted by PaMtbRider View Post
    After a Covid interrupted attempt at having a Nomad's ride this spring we have a new fall date. Book your site at Pine Grove Furnace State Park for the weekend of Friday October 2 - Sunday October 4. We have site 67 reserved.
    Campground Details - PINE GROVE FURNACE STATE PARK, PA - Pennsylvania State Parks

Similar to last year we will have an easy warm up ride Friday evening. Saturday will have a couple of options in the 30-50 mile range. (unless AngryScientist convinces me we need to try for the 100 mile option) Sunday will be another 30ish mile ride before heading home.

Fall foilage should just be starting so it should be pretty. More details to follow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet!!!!

I booked 71. Thrilled to give this another shot in October.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoB View Post
    I guess gotta get my neighbor's hooptie tuned up. Josh's bike stayed in the top tube stretcher for too long for me :-)

I'll do my best to make it at least for Friday and Saturday rides. I also humbly offer a couple racks of smoked ribs for the Saturday feast.
    Let me know if the neighbor's bike doesn't work out for any reason. We could probably fit you on my Kirk. I've become addicted to the disc brakes and Di2 on my Zanconato and have been using it for Michaux.
    Dan Bare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to give the Kirk a try! Just sent you an email.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look forward to finally meeting you in person!

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    Sweet!!!!

I booked 71. Thrilled to give this another shot in October.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howdy folks. Can we get a show of hands on who is still planning on being at Michaux in October? I've talked to a few people offline who were originally planning on attending but have since decided to back out. I am still planning on being there and riding. My wife unfortunately has foot surgery scheduled, so she will be in attendance but will not be riding.
    Dan Bare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well folks, with the apparent lack of interest, I am cancelling my reservation at Pine Grove Furnace. I will be nomading with some friends in a different part of the state instead.
    Dan Bare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaMtbRider View Post
    Well folks, with the apparent lack of interest, I am cancelling my reservation at Pine Grove Furnace. I will be nomading with some friends in a different part of the state instead.
    Kudos for organizing during not ideal times bub. We will all be better at this sometime soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just saw this. Been getting ready quietly in the background. Still planning on being there. Others?
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk