Thread: Minneapolis Social Injustice and Related

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Minneapolis Social Injustice and Related

Quote Originally Posted by sine View Post
    I'm not saying anything. The quote is a line from the linked website.
    You created the post, so you had intent to convey meaning. This is a discussion forum and you are not a random number generator.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    You created the post, so you had intent to convey meaning. This is a discussion forum and you are not a random number generator.
    Only offering information re what might be going on in Portland for anyone who is curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

"Acting in a Bloc is especially useful when the participants in the action expect that the police, fascists, or other adversaries will wish to identify the participants—which is to say, very often, nowadays. When everyone in a group looks the same, it is difficult to single out individuals."

CrimethInc. : Blocs, Black and Otherwise
    Crimethinc is what 19 year-old crust punks try to pass off as a belief structure. Trying to extrapolate anything else from that is foolhardy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It appears the unknown DHS/Border Patrol agents are there as a test run to protect Federal Property, monuments etc as per Trump's directive. Rumor is this is being rolled out nationwide over the next 120 days.

I wonder if they have some sneaky suspension of habeas corpus regarding the Federal Property? It's like the drone strikes. At the end, no civilians were killed, because all people are considered terrorists unless proven otherwise.
    If you look like a protestor walking by Federal Property, you are by definition guilty.

I feel like Niemoller's poem 'First they came...' is about to be read out loud on US soil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zachateseverything View Post
    Crimethinc is what 19 year-old crust punks try to pass off as a belief structure. Trying to extrapolate anything else from that is foolhardy.
    It's been around for decades though, so there is some permanency - no?

At least it's an ethos.
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

The wheel is round. The hill lasts as long as it lasts. That's a fact. Everything else is pure theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    It appears the unknown DHS/Border Patrol agents are there as a test run to protect Federal Property, monuments etc as per Trump's directive. Rumor is this is being rolled out nationwide over the next 120 days.

I wonder if they have some sneaky suspension of habeas corpus regarding the Federal Property? It's like the drone strikes. At the end, no civilians were killed, because all people are considered terrorists unless proven otherwise.
    If you look like a protestor walking by Federal Property, you are by definition guilty.

I feel like Niemoller's poem 'First they came...' is about to be read out loud on US soil.
    The power move for our Governor would be to shut the state/city down again - and give people nothing to do but march and protest. It's the right thing to do from a COVID abatement perspective anyway.
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

The wheel is round. The hill lasts as long as it lasts. That's a fact. Everything else is pure theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only offering information re what might be going on in Portland for anyone who is curious.
    Thanks for that. So quoting my post was just to fill space?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Thanks for that. So quoting my post was just to fill space?
    The first one on the last page?

My response was a bit cryptic, but I think you might be right that Fed forces want to knock the protestors off balance.....hence your quote in that post. The link is to a website that several organizations link to as a guide for protestors. The way they are dressed makes it next to impossible to determine via video who they are. Hank the protestors dressed in black from head to toe off the street and bring them in for a photo shoot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My response was a bit cryptic, but I think you might be right that Fed forces want to knock the protestors off balance.....hence your quote in that post. The link is to a website that several organizations link to as a guide for protestors. The way they are dressed makes it next to impossible to determine via video who they are. Hank the protestors dressed in black from head to toe off the street and bring them in for a photo shoot.
    Got it. Usually my posts are the cryptic ones. Just trying to make sure I was clear. Thanks.
    Last edited by j44ke; 07-20-2020 at 12:45 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post

I wonder if this is the continuing legacy of 9/11. A Trojan horse called DHS? I feel like there are too many things I haven't read.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a practice run for the November election.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under the heading of "it can't happen here" I was reading the linked and rather troubling article on the porch, over lunch, when it occurred to me that 1930s Germany had pleasant days with friends enjoying lunch together in the run up to the war; just like today, right here. And odd feeling accompanied that awareness.

Trump consults Bush torture lawyer on how to skirt law and rule by decree | US news | The Guardian
    John Clay
    Tallahassee, FL
    My Framebuilding: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21624415@N04/sets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Targeting cities with Democrat leadership, making claims without evidence--feels a lot like creating unrest so he can claim to be the one who stopped it.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's fascism and anyone who supports it is cool with fascism.

All the lunatics who were worried about Jade Helm and those FEMA detention camps can't cheer this loudly enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And this is why it is important to wear a mask and non-descript clothing......

Feds conduct surveillance from courthouse, analyze social media videos, post undercover agents in crowds, records show - oregonlive.com

Alternatively, you can wear nothing from the neck down:

Google "Athena Portland protest" in the comfort of your own home w/o kids around.

Or you can show up dressed like you're headed to brunch, so long as you're peaceful:

Portland protests: 'Wall of moms' formed to protect demonstrators

Heck, you can even show up wearing your Navy sweatshirt from your time in the Academy:

A Navy veteran says he was beaten and pepper sprayed while attending a protest in Portland - CNN

In the end, it doesn't matter. This government hates you - and they will do whatever they want until a majority of moderate [sic] Republicans decide enough is enough, impeach the orange stain in the Senate, and put all of the "acting heads" of these state-sponsored terrorist organizations on a cruise-ship bound for deep waters...
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
    Alternatively, you can wear nothing from the neck down:

Google "Athena Portland protest" in the comfort of your own home w/o kids around.
    Proving that those knuckleheads are simply dumbfounded when confronted with a vagina.

Out of Portland tear gas, an apparition emerges - Los Angeles Times
    Trod Harland, Pickle Expediter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air Force One is warming up for a visit to Portland.

If there's one thing the orange baby knows how to handle...
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    Air Force One is warming up for a visit to Portland.

If there's one thing the orange baby knows how to handle...
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jclay View Post
    Under the heading of "it can't happen here" I was reading the linked and rather troubling article on the porch, over lunch, when it occurred to me that 1930s Germany had pleasant days with friends enjoying lunch together in the run up to the war; just like today, right here. And odd feeling accompanied that awareness.
    That's also what occurred to me. He who should not be named used Article 48 of the Weimar Constitution.

As far as I know, the US constitution doesn't have anything similar to that, but rest assured, they're looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    Targeting cities with Democrat leadership, making claims without evidence--feels a lot like creating unrest so he can claim to be the one who stopped it.
    Authoritarian 101- never let a crisis go to waste, if you have to, manufacture the crisis. It's what Erdogan did in Gezi Park in 2013.