User Tag List

Thread: Lets talk Olive oils

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lets talk Olive oils

This is my most used oil for both cooking as well as dipping.
    I get my cooking olive oil from costco mostly as the quality is above average and not real expensive.
    For my dipping oil or for homemade salad dressing I have been ordering my oils from Israel/Palestinian off ebay for the last few years. I look for the stuff that is homemade. The last few bottles that I have received is just fantastic in both taste as well as quality. I can really taste the raw olive flavor in the oils and they really step up the flavor of oil based dressings. Taste wise this stuff is out of this world with nothing commercially available that even comes close.
    If you want to give it a try go to ebay and in advanced search type in olive oil and in the country located in type in israel and on the right side bar select homemade and unbranded. Most is in plastic bottles and the picture looks like it came from someones farm.
    The last two bottle that I bought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Lets talk Olive oils

We brought a few of these home from Italy last year, when we had a tour and lunch at an Agritourism farm in Umbria run by a couple named Marco and Gaiva. Marco was an architect who “dropped out” to make a living at olive farming and curing Cingahlie (think Hampco) and Gaiva ran a series of inns...a match made in heaven. I think of those two, as our one year anniversary of visiting Italy is coming up and I hope that they fare well through this crisis. We will be back.

Poggio della Volara
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The homemade EVO is a pretty neat tip, thanks.

I've ordered from Olio2Go twice and the results are fabooo.

I can't quit this stuff: Frantoio Franci BIO Toscano IGP 2018

Olio2go - Italian Olive Oil, the trusted source for Italian olive oil since 1999 - Olive Oil - Olio2go - Italy’s Finest Olive Oil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Re: Lets talk Olive oils

I absolutely loved the tins of olive oil that I purchased a handful of times from Andy Hampsten's company in the past.
    The best part about those purchase experiences was that we knew it was from someone who cared about the product.

URL: Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Cinghiale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a friend that is from Lebanon and has a restaurant local to me. I goes to NJ and gets his olive oil. It is Lebanese oil from small farms and he buys it in 4 gallon buckets. The stuff he gets is also very tasty and not refined so it is cloudy,can not see through it. Very good stuff.