User Tag List

Page 52 of 150 FirstFirst ... 424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2994

Thread: Virus thread, the political one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Virus thread, the political one.

Quote Originally Posted by mzilliox View Post
    any idea if pretend president dude has a buddy who owns the patent for this drug he keeps pimping? maybe kushner or his daughter lover own part of the company? whys he advertising so much?
    It's almost 70 years old. Not even US Pharmas can keep something in patent that long (though I'm sure they wish they could).
    Mark Kelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mzilliox View Post
    any idea if pretend president dude has a buddy who owns the patent for this drug he keeps pimping? maybe kushner or his daughter lover own part of the company? whys he advertising so much?
    Novartis are major producers. They paid Michael Cohen $1.2MM for “advice”, aka, access to 45.

Giuliani bought $2MM in Novartis shares in February.

Why would you think that? 😂
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump and his allies have financial ties to companies that manufacture untested drug he’s touting for COVID-19: report – Raw Story

I have not vetted this guy or this site at all, but it definitely raises more suspicion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVRTDESIGN View Post
    It's basically a stupid story regarding any of the manufacturers of Chloroquine. It is off patent. Bayer, Teva, Mylan, Sanofi, Novartis all sell it. It will not move the needle on any of these companies.

It you want something more interesting look at VIR. It is the startup which specializes in anti-virals. It has a small investment from Gates. But then almost any new start-up in biotech has an investment by Gates, its the space he loves to fund. He kisses a lot of frogs too. .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Meanwhile in Idaho, the Bundys ride again.

https://bonnerso.org/wp-content/uplo...o-Governor.pdf

That letter from a sheriff included a letter from grocer/businessperson Alfie Oakes (thanks, Florida) that includes his letter to Sen. Rick Scott that opens by saying the death rate from COVID-19 is “very low as compared to the normal flu season”.
    Trod Harland, Pickle Expediter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter Navarro memos warning of mass coronavirus death circulated West Wing in January - Axios

I may have to watch the task force presser today. Which of the following responses does the President's use:
    1. I never saw this
    2. Geez, I wish for once you reporters could ask a question in a nice way, like geez, you are doing a great job.
    3. Fake news. What's the inspector Generals name?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thollandpe View Post
    Meanwhile in Idaho, the Bundys ride again.

https://bonnerso.org/wp-content/uplo...o-Governor.pdf

That letter from a sheriff included a letter from grocer/businessperson Alfie Oakes (thanks, Florida) that includes his letter to Sen. Rick Scott that opens by saying the death rate from COVID-19 is “very low as compared to the normal flu season”.
    That letter was just more suppositions from a person with zero education/training/expertise in this area. Too stupid to realize that without rapid intervention, the number of deaths would skyrocket and quickly exceed those from seasonal influenza. People just don't get it. If we drastically cut human-to-human contact, we cut the rate of infection and lower the death rate. If this works, the result will be lower numbers of illnesses and deaths. And the naysayers will all jump up and say "why was this necessary in the first place?" You can't fix stupid...

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of stupid, 40 med school interns dined together and spread the love, ending with 18 of the airheads testing positive. And they're from one of the top universities in Japan:

https://japantoday.com/category/nati...th-coronavirus

And, with multiple layers of stupid, Tokyo is running out of hospital beds already:

Tokyo running out of beds and gear, medical staff say - Japan Today
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    Peter Navarro memos warning of mass coronavirus death circulated West Wing in January - Axios

I may have to watch the task force presser today. Which of the following responses does the President's use:
    1. I never saw this
    2. Geez, I wish for once you reporters could ask a question in a nice way, like geez, you are doing a great job.
    3. Fake news. What's the inspector Generals name?
    I'll go with all three. But here's an example from yesterday. And I think the questioner was even from StateTV. Is it just me, or does the guy have trouble forming coherent sentences?

Speaker
    When can hospitals expect to receive a quick turnaround of its test results?

Donald Trump:
    Are you ready? Are you ready? Hospitals can do their own testing also. States can do their own testing. States, they’re supposed to be doing testing. Hospitals as opposed to be doing testing. Do you understand that? We’re the federal government. Listen, we’re the federal government. We’re not supposed to stand on street corners doing testing. They go to doctors, they go to hospitals, they go to the state. The state is a more localized government. You have 50 of them and they can go… you also have territories as you know.

And they do the testing and if you look at the chart, if you take a look, did they put it up? Yeah, just take a look. And these are testing, and the results are now coming in very quickly. Initially speaking, the tests were old, obsolete and not really prepared. We have a brand new testing system that we developed very quickly and that’s your result. And you should say, congratulations. Great job. Instead of being so horrid in the way you ask a question, please go ahead. I’d love to have the Admiral speak to that question. Yes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chik View Post
    Speaking of stupid, 40 med school interns dined together and spread the love, ending with 18 of the airheads testing positive. And they're from one of the top universities in Japan:

https://japantoday.com/category/nati...th-coronavirus

And, with multiple layers of stupid, Tokyo is running out of hospital beds already:

Tokyo running out of beds and gear, medical staff say - Japan Today
    I heard the Japanese say they are very clean, not to worry

-g
    EPOst hoc ergo propter hoc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thollandpe View Post

They mean we're disappointed there aren't more deaths?
    Geeze, i stayed home for a month for no reason, gosh what a waste!

-g

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GrantM View Post
    I heard the Japanese say they are very clean, not to worry

-g
    I can tell you about one guy in the IT department of my previous employer's Tokyo subsidiary, but I really shouldn't.
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chik View Post
    I can tell you about one guy in the IT department of my previous employer's Tokyo subsidiary, but I really shouldn't.
    I have immense admiration for Japan and the culture, but i'm afraid that this is one of those situations
    where certain traditions and practices will not serve the current situation very well. It's definitely one
    of those "please just do what the scientists say" moments.

-g

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GrantM View Post
    I have immense admiration for Japan and the culture, but i'm afraid that this is one of those situations
    where certain traditions and practices will not serve the current situation very well. It's definitely one
    of those "please just do what the scientists say" moments.

-g
    And then you have these cretinous future physicians take the piss out of science. I hope all 40 of them get expelled.
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think grasping the abstract notion that NOT doing something results in something else NOT happening is really hard for Americans (speaking as an American.) So much of our culture is about doing SOMETHING and then GETTING a result. Plus the empirical evidence of something NOT happening runs counter to American "see the ball, hit the ball" existentialism.

The danger is that too many people will decide that the absence of tangible evidence is proof that we've all been involved in a big parlor game of "alligator repellent". You know, the one with the punchline, "Well, you don't see any alligators around now, do you?"
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no bottom to this guy. None.

Trump Ousts Pandemic Spending Watchdog Known for Independence - The New York Times

I would like to exhaust my supply of colorful phrases - including some in Romanian - describing how I feel about this man. But I will refrain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    I think grasping the abstract notion that NOT doing something results in something else NOT happening is really hard for Americans (speaking as an American.) So much of our culture is about doing SOMETHING and then GETTING a result. Plus the empirical evidence of something NOT happening runs counter to American "see the ball, hit the ball" existentialism.

The danger is that too many people will decide that the absence of tangible evidence is proof that we've all been involved in a big parlor game of "alligator repellent". You know, the one with the punchline, "Well, you don't see any alligators around now, do you?"
    This. Americans view every type of problem as a battle that requires action and sacrifice. Literally everything is a conflict to Americans. The idea that for many of us, lolly gagging on the couch is the ideal way to "fight the battle" is simply too much to swallow, and we're making every excuse in the world not to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surly this is a joke? How to they expect us to not touch our face at this news?
    Just fire me into space, i'll take my chances on my own.

New White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany was just working for the Trump campaign and denying the coronavirus was a problem.
    White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham is leaving her position after nine months, during which she never held a press conference, which is amazing.
    Perhaps more amazing is that her replacement, TV talking head–turned–Trump 2020 spokeswoman Kayleigh McEnany, is taking on a job whose ostensible
    current purpose is informing the public about the government’s response to a pandemic, despite having claimed a little over a month ago that a pandemic
    could never and would never take place while Donald Trump was president

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isaac Asimov died OTD in 1992. This quotation from 1980 holds up: “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People are dying and the only thing the President cares about is having any oversight whatsoever. The man truly thinks the job means he's king.

Despicable.