User Tag List

Page 18 of 150 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Virus thread, the political one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Virus thread, the political one.

Hold my beer.

Next up is Mitchyboo. There I said it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sbti View Post
    The elite Rand Paul had his test 6 or 7 days ago. He's been infecting people until yesterday morning when he finished his visit to the gym and got the news he's positive. Nice going fucktard!
    He's part libertarian so don't you try to tell him what to do! He can spread is COVID19 anywhere he wants.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let the market decide Rand. Oh and he had a chunk of his lung removed after his neighbor beat the shit out of him. Maybe his "Dr." dad will take care of him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Rand- ‘T and P’—rowdy
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chik View Post
    Because then, he doesn't have to do anything. "I don't take any responsibility for that."
    Yup, nailed it. The classic "Heads I win, Tails you Lose" approach to management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    Yup, nailed it. The classic "Heads I win, Tails you Lose" approach to management.
    Alternate version is "If you are not losing I'm not winning".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sbti View Post
    Let the market decide Rand. Oh and he had a chunk of his lung removed after his neighbor beat the shit out of him. Maybe his "Dr." dad will take care of him.
    Oh wow, that's how that happened? I heard on the news this am that he was missing some lung but didn't realize it was cuz his neighbor beat it out of him. That's some pretty strong hate right there. I also heard so far that he hasn't had much in the way of symptoms, but I wonder if the top-notch care he will get will convince him that markets don't produce optimal care for everyone else. Should I hold my breath for that?

John McCain is looking down shaking his damn head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SeanEasley View Post
    John McCain is looking down shaking his damn head.
    Ya know, he might be snickering a little bit...I mean, he could be ornery.
    Jason Babcock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way to go Boris! Pay attention Cheeto Head!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "Wartime" resident:
    “You know, every time I do it, like, for instance, I committed publicly that I wouldn't take the $450,000 salary. It's a lot of money. Whether you're rich or not, it's a lot of money. And I did it.” “Nobody cared. Nobody — nobody said thank you. Nobody said thank you very much."
    “Now, I didn’t commit legally. I just said I don’t want it”. “I don’t want my salary. I work for zero. I don’t want my salary. Nobody said, ‘Oh, thank you very much.’ But I guarantee you, if I ever took it, you would go out after me — you in particular would go out after me like crazy.”

"No, I don't even think about it,". "You know, it's very interesting that you ask a question like that. You know, nasty question and yet it deserves to be asked, I guess."
    “What I’ve done by deciding to run — and I knew this. I knew this. The first day, I said, ‘If I win it’s going to cost me a lot of money. “It cost me billions of dollars to become president — to be president of the United States.”
    "I will say that it cost me billions of dollars to be president, and especially with all the money I could have made for the last three, four years. "And I didn't because I was being president, I have no interest in it. I'm allowed to, you know, I don't know if you know, George Washington? They say he was a rich man, supposedly, relatively rich. And he ran the presidency and he also ran his business. They say he had two desks. Nobody complained until I came along. I got elected as a rich person, but nobody complained until I came along."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coronavirus: Trump’s excuses for not using the Defense Production Act to make masks - Vox

It’s unclear why Trump has convinced himself using the DPA is more dangerous than not using it. Some in the White House say he’s trying to lower the likelihood he could be directly blamed for any mismanagement. “If something goes wrong then it’s on the president,” a senior administration official told me, “and that’s something he doesn’t want to happen.”

But that’s what presidents are elected to do: to take responsibility for running the federal government. In the absence of that leadership, experts say, the supply shortage could get worse.
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before Trump called for reevaluating lockdowns, they shuttered six of his top-earning clubs and resorts | Washington Post

"President Trump’s private business has shut down six of its top seven revenue-producing clubs and hotels because of restrictions meant to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, potentially depriving Trump’s company of millions of dollars in revenue.

Those closures come as Trump is considering easing restrictions on movement sooner than federal public health experts recommend, in the name of reducing the virus’s economic damage.

In a tweet late Sunday, Trump said the measures could be lifted as soon as March 30. “WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF,” he wrote on Twitter.

In his unprecedented dual role as president and owner of a sprawling business, Trump is facing dual crises caused by the coronavirus. As he is trying to manage the pandemic from the White House, limiting its casualties as well as the economic fallout, his company is also navigating a major threat to the hospitality industry."
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If six of the top seven revenue-producing clubs and hotels were shut down, why wasn't the other closed I wonder?

Trump in a bumbling stumbling way does hit on an interesting issue. What is the cost-benefit analysis to fighting the virus? Do we want 100,000 people to die (for argument's sake) so we can keep a semblance of order or do we keep the clamps on (or put them on even harder) to limit the numbers of dead to half that number? What is the cost to keep 50,000 people from dying? Should we even be talking about the cost? More so when we know very little about the virus (can a person be re-infected for example). And clearly it is not just cost in a financial sense, but the emotional and societal cost of dealing with the sick and dying.

I'm not advocating these views, but no doubt it is a discussion that is being had behind closed doors with the public not being let in on the act.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    If six of the top seven revenue-producing clubs and hotels were shut down, why wasn't the other closed I wonder?

Trump in a bumbling stumbling way does hit on an interesting issue. What is the cost-benefit analysis to fighting the virus? Do we want 100,000 people to die (for argument's sake) so we can keep a semblance of order or do we keep the clamps on (or put them on even harder) to limit the numbers of dead to half that number? What is the cost to keep 50,000 people from dying? Should we even be talking about the cost? More so when we know very little about the virus (can a person be re-infected for example). And clearly it is not just cost in a financial sense, but the emotional and societal cost of dealing with the sick and dying.

I'm not advocating these views, but no doubt it is a discussion that is being had behind closed doors with the public not being let in on the act.
    I would wager the seventh is the hotel in DC?

The goal of the government here should be doing all it can to save lives. We are the richest country in the history of the Earth. If we can't Keynesian our way outta this, then we have way bigger issues. Never mind that if the government was doing all it could since January, we likely wouldn't be in the economic catastrophe we're in right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post

That answer would be we want nobody to die no matter that is the cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    That answer would be we want nobody to die no matter that is the cost.
    But then why does the US have a health care system that is sooo expensive for the punters? Struggling to square that circle...
    Colin Mclelland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The total MORON that we have for a lieutenant Gov in Texas, Dan Patrick
    is calling on the old people of the country, like me, (over 65) to just suck it up and die for the good of the economy.

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick spurns shelter-in-place, urges return to work, says grandparents should sacrifice

F U, Dan
    Mark Walberg
    Building bike frames for fun since 1973.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, the cost is the cost is the cost. That seems fair enough in the circumstances, particularly if the entire planet is engaged in the fight.

Let's hope this episode leads to some positive change. The tendancy of conservative governments of all stripes to be anti-science (or at least not actively pro-science) should be dropped. After all, who do you think is burning the candle at both ends trying to come up with a vaccine? Thoughts and prayers just are not going to cut it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THE BIG EVENT!
    THE GERMAFOBE vs THE VIRUS.
    ON FOX NEWS FROM HERE TO THE ELECTION.
    If there is one.
    Fight the Fight.
    Fight the Power.