User Tag List

Page 134 of 150 FirstFirst ... 124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 2994

Thread: Virus thread, the political one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Virus thread, the political one.

Also, what's Malania getting? A couple Tylenol and a pitcher of orange juice? She tested positive too.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess that Notre Dame’s President believed that he didn’t need to follow the school’s guidelines while he was at the Rose Garden...

As we reopen campus and resume our central work of teaching and scholarship, the University is committed to taking every reasonable step to create a safe and healthy environment.
    Scientific understanding of the COVID-19 virus is evolving rapidly, as are technologies and therapeutics to detect and treat it. However, until a vaccination is discovered or the virus abates, the best medical advice is that each of us must adopt habits and norms designed to prevent us from catching or spreading the virus. We are implementing a number of public health protocols including expectations regarding wearing masks, physical distancing, frequent hand washing, and other hygiene measures. These efforts will be accompanied by an extensive communications campaign and signage across campus.

https://here.nd.edu/policies/faculty...ccommodations/
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Notre Dame has been suspending students for violating covid rules, then there should be similar repercussions for the president of the school.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    If Notre Dame has been suspending students for violating covid rules, then there should be similar repercussions for the president of the school.
    Nah...Notre Dame will just issue a statement for Jenkins that says something like...”what happened at the Rose Garden (not wearing a mask while sitting a row behind Kellyanne Conway) does not reflect who I really am...”
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    I guess that Notre Dame’s President believed that he didn’t need to follow the school’s guidelines while he was at the Rose Garden...

As we reopen campus and resume our central work of teaching and scholarship, the University is committed to taking every reasonable step to create a safe and healthy environment.
    Scientific understanding of the COVID-19 virus is evolving rapidly, as are technologies and therapeutics to detect and treat it. However, until a vaccination is discovered or the virus abates, the best medical advice is that each of us must adopt habits and norms designed to prevent us from catching or spreading the virus. We are implementing a number of public health protocols including expectations regarding wearing masks, physical distancing, frequent hand washing, and other hygiene measures. These efforts will be accompanied by an extensive communications campaign and signage across campus.

https://here.nd.edu/policies/faculty...ccommodations/
    He believed that whatever transgression he committed could be easily absolved by the purchase of indulgences

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmdesigner View Post
    He might be coughing but he is one happy camper.
    The income tax problem goes away.
    The debate disaster goes away.
    He gets his Supreme Court pick out of sympathy.
    His followers are holding candlelight vigils.
    They’ll be spreading straw on the streets in front of the hospital to reduce the noise.
    Not sure it works like that. There is plenty of time between now and election day for the chickens to keep roosting.
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

The wheel is round. The hill lasts as long as it lasts. That's a fact. Everything else is pure theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am waiting for the NJ Gov to issue court orders to require the donors at the NJ event to cooperate with contact tracing.

A third GOP senator has tested positive. I am thinking Schumer and Pelosi are glad they were not invited to the Rose Garden.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post

A third GOP senator has tested positive. .
    Which means that the ceremony to introduce his SCOTUS pick may end up scuppering any chance of getting the confirmation through before the election.

If this keeps up I might have to start believeing in a god. I might go with Vishnu, he being the enforcer of Karma.
    Mark Kelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, what's Malania getting? A couple Tylenol and a pitcher of orange juice? She tested positive too.
    Donny has the man-flu and is an entirely different disease.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, it's been a challenge to follow everything that's been happening, and I have a dumb question: who is Trump's running mate? Is it Pence?
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kelly View Post
    Which means that the ceremony to introduce his SCOTUS pick may end up scuppering any chance of getting the confirmation through before the election.

If this keeps up I might have to start believeing in a god. I might go with Vishnu, he being the enforcer of Karma.
    I was just saying that all of us Agnostics over here scratching our heads and questioning our beliefs.. maybe there is? And if so, apparently She has a sense of humor.
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    What patience? We don't know his true condition, and we don't know whether he's currently capable of any significant decision making. When do we decide? When he's on a ventilator?

There has to be a functioning head of state.
    I was attempting dark humor....d@mn keyboards don't know how to accomplish a lopsided grin.

Yes Chik, Pence and he is Rapturous. << Too soon?
    Last edited by Too Tall; 10-04-2020 at 07:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Tя☭mp, she's doing fine. Which I guess now means she's on a ventilator. Karma is coming for the Birther Queen too, and right soon. And reports are that the whole crime family disregarded the mask mandate at the Cleveland hotel. You know, where families of the patients at the hospital are staying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you SNL.

Catharsis (from Greek κάθαρσις, katharsis, meaning "purification" or "cleansing" or "clarification") is the purification and purgation of emotions — particularly pity and fear — through art or any extreme change in emotion that results in renewal and restoration.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echappist View Post
    He believed that whatever transgression he committed could be easily absolved by the purchase of indulgences
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...16a_story.html

Eighteen faculty members attended.

That could get expensive.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...16a_story.html

Eighteen faculty members attended.

That could get expensive.
    In that case, self-flagellation then

I hope at least some of the 18 wore a decent mask...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kelly View Post

Out of curiosity, what would happen if Trump were incapable to carry out his duties and Pence were to step up (albeit temporarily)? Specifically, who gets to become VP, and does that person need to be confirmed? Might that temporarily siphon off one vote in the Senate until a new VP is confirmed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    Thank you SNL.

Catharsis (from Greek κάθαρσις, katharsis, meaning "purification" or "cleansing" or "clarification") is the purification and purgation of emotions — particularly pity and fear — through art or any extreme change in emotion that results in renewal and restoration.
    Of course, we use this term in clinical psychology to mean just this, but it is also amusing that a cathartic is any substance that makes you sh!t your brains out.
    I enjoy the parallel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by monadnocky View Post
    Of course, we use this term in clinical psychology to mean just this, but it is also amusing that a cathartic is any substance that makes you sh!t your brains out.
    I enjoy the parallel.
    I love this place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echappist View Post
    Out of curiosity, what would happen if Trump were incapable to carry out his duties and Pence were to step up (albeit temporarily)? Specifically, who gets to become VP, and does that person need to be confirmed? Might that temporarily siphon off one vote in the Senate until a new VP is confirmed?
    It’s pretty simple if tRump is unable to serve or dies, but it gets more complex if Pence is in charge...good explanation in the NYT.
    rw saunders