User Tag List

View Poll Results: COVID19 Poll (anonymous)

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Expect to get COVID19 in the next 365 days

87 61.27%
  • Do not expect to get COVID19 in the next 365 days

51 35.92%
  • Got it

4 2.82%
  • Tested positive for antibodies

0 0%
Page 109 of 112 FirstFirst ... 99100101102103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2235

Thread: Covid19

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Covid19

How's everyone Thomas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are doing alright thanks. So far I am the worse because I have a really ugly cough but fever went away during the day.

The frustration is in the public medical system here in spain to get tested. My daughters and her mother will do it tomorrow afternoon whereas I only have an appointment on wednesday, it sucks to have to wait so much but I guess the system is saturated as they announced today the number of new cases made that Málaga is the latest city to enter isolation from the rest of the municipalities of Andalucía.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can get your hands on an oximeter it would be a good tool. I can't remember what saturation number is the trigger where you need to get to the hospital right away, and the thing about oxygen deprivation is the first thing to go is your judgment so it sneaks up. We have one and if we get sick we're staying home and toughing it out unless we drop below the number and only then will we go inside a hospital.

I hope that you guys get better right away without it getting more than an inconvenience.
    Tom Ambros

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Down the road, the science behind why COVID attacks some people so viciously, while others are asymptomatic, will be fascinating. My daughter caught it from her boyfriend's father after a brief (15-20 minutes at 10' apart) exposure. He had symptoms similar to influenza, with fatigue and fever, but thankfully no lung involvement. His wife tested positive, but was asymptomatic and his son tested negative (despite living in the same home). My daughter tested positive and was asymptomatic and I tested negative (again, despite living in the same home). Hopefully there will be significant advances in virology as we learn more about SARS-CoV-2.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gregl View Post
    Down the road, the science behind why COVID attacks some people so viciously, while others are asymptomatic, will be fascinating. My daughter caught it from her boyfriend's father after a brief (15-20 minutes at 10' apart) exposure. He had symptoms similar to influenza, with fatigue and fever, but thankfully no lung involvement. His wife tested positive, but was asymptomatic and his son tested negative (despite living in the same home). My daughter tested positive and was asymptomatic and I tested negative (again, despite living in the same home). Hopefully there will be significant advances in virology as we learn more about SARS-CoV-2.

Greg
    My son tested positive this morning. He texted last night that he had a stuffy nose and realized his sense of smell and taste were gone. I haven't been around him since xmas day, but he visited his maternal grandparents last week before he left for school. He was good about wearing a mask and they social distanced, but they are in their upper 80s, both with heart issues. I think Annapolis planned for this, spring break was cancelled last fall and winter break was extended. I think they knew the possibility that there would be a big outbreak after the holidays.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If you can get your hands on an oximeter it would be a good tool. I can't remember what saturation number is the trigger where you need to get to the hospital right away, and the thing about oxygen deprivation is the first thing to go is your judgment so it sneaks up. We have one and if we get sick we're staying home and toughing it out unless we drop below the number and only then will we go inside a hospital.

I hope that you guys get better right away without it getting more than an inconvenience.
    Under 90% go to the hospital.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things are currently much worse in the UK than at any time in 2020.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55689388

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dire warnings from the CDC today concerning the B.1.1.7 variant.
    Just great.

First jab last Friday with the Moderna vaccine. Very sore injection site for 2 days.
    I'm NOT complaining!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So my girlfriend got the test result and she is positive which leaves little doubt for me and my daughters. We ordered oximeters yesterday. Not sure why we waited to be sick to do it as we discussed about it several times in the last 2 months.

I was a bit overoptimistic yesterday and told my coworkers I would probably resume work (from home) today but woke up feeling generally crap and nauseous and decided to just do nothing of my day.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    So my girlfriend got the test result and she is positive which leaves little doubt for me and my daughters. We ordered oximeters yesterday. Not sure why we waited to be sick to do it as we discussed about it several times in the last 2 months.

I was a bit overoptimistic yesterday and told my coworkers I would probably resume work (from home) today but woke up feeling generally crap and nauseous and decided to just do nothing of my day.
    Take care of your family and yourself bub. We need you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In my little microcosm of Mohave County, Arizona, we were tracking like the rest of the state, each day was a new record along with corresponding deaths. Now it has dropped off to pre-holiday rates with few or no deaths each day. Perhaps the holiday surge worked itself out, or there is some level of immunity building in the community due to the previous high infection rates. All the recent deaths were previously diagnosed cases and 70+ years of age. I'm still going to get the shot(s).

My son is doing well, still no fever, just the loss of smell and taste.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    In my little microcosm of Mohave County, Arizona, we were tracking like the rest of the state, each day was a new record along with corresponding deaths. Now it has dropped off to pre-holiday rates with few or no deaths each day. Perhaps the holiday surge worked itself out, or there is some level of immunity building in the community due to the previous high infection rates. All the recent deaths were previously diagnosed cases and 70+ years of age. I'm still going to get the shot(s).

My son is doing well, still no fever, just the loss of smell and taste.
    Glad he is doing well Bill.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sir Thomas Moore has died from pneumonia due to Covid-19.

Tom Moore, Who Inspired Covid-Ravaged U.K. With Charity Walks, Dies at 100

He raised over $45 million for healthcare workers by doing 100 laps of his garden with his walker. He saw it as a way to support them like his fellow Britons supported him and his fellow soldiers during WWII.

“At that time, the people my age, we were fighting on the front line and the general public was standing behind us. In this instance, the doctors and nurses and all the medical people, they’re the front line. It’s up to my generation to back them up, just as we were backed up.”

The world needs more Captain Toms.
    Trod Harland, Pickle Expediter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First symptoms appeared 11th january: body and head aches like i never experienced. It lasted 3 days and puff.. gone. Next day i have gastroenteritis w/ nausea and diarrhea: it lasts 2 weeks. Then it´s a very strong cold w/ cough, throat inflamation and it does not go away. I suspect i have pneumonia and go to the hospital where they do a lung tomography. Covid is light they say.. It´s 8th of february and i feel better for the first time but still short breathed. This thing is no joke. I can only imagine what it is a moderate or serious covid condition.
    slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope your full recovery is swift. I just saw the Real Sports with Bryant Gumble episode (season 27, episode 1) on HBO, and it touched on the difficulties of recovery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colker View Post
    First symptoms appeared 11th january: body and head aches like i never experienced. It lasted 3 days and puff.. gone. Next day i have gastroenteritis w/ nausea and diarrhea: it lasts 2 weeks. Then it´s a very strong cold w/ cough, throat inflamation and it does not go away. I suspect i have pneumonia and go to the hospital where they do a lung tomography. Covid is light they say.. It´s 8th of february and i feel better for the first time but still short breathed. This thing is no joke. I can only imagine what it is a moderate or serious covid condition.
    Crap. Fight it my friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Along these lines, CDC is reporting studies that claim double masking, especially with a proper fit, ups the protection significantly and up to 90-95% efficacy for the wearer. Makes sense and I’ll probably start doing this for my quick grocery store raids, which are about the only time I’m in public. Other than the wine store....
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colker View Post
    Keep tabs on your blood oxygen levels if possible. Hope you feel better and better each day.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Keep tabs on your blood oxygen levels if possible. Hope you feel better and better each day.
    Yes: first thing i did was to buy an oxymeter. Thanks.
    slow.