User Tag List

View Poll Results: COVID19 Poll (anonymous)

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Expect to get COVID19 in the next 365 days

87 61.27%
  • Do not expect to get COVID19 in the next 365 days

51 35.92%
  • Got it

4 2.82%
  • Tested positive for antibodies

0 0%
Page 89 of 112 FirstFirst ... 798081828384858687888990919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2235

Thread: Covid19

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Covid19

Quote Originally Posted by Colinmclelland View Post
    Well, we are into a second wave of stupidity. Toiler paper all gone at the supermarket today.

So even though hoarding was proven to be unnecessary last time, people have decided to go againg. WTAF?
    Most of the people I know who wouldn't leave their homes when we had 100 cases a day in the state are now doing group rides with over 9K cases a day in the state. People are now falling in one of two camps...I'm locking myself in my house with a year supply of toilet paper or meh it's no big deal I'm going to a rave.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Colinmclelland View Post
    Well, we are into a second wave of stupidity. Toiler paper all gone at the supermarket today.

So even though hoarding was proven to be unnecessary last time, people have decided to go againg. WTAF?
    Tradies steal toilet paper from homeowner who stashed rolls in front of their Sydney home | Daily Mail Online

I found you some in Sydney. Get yourself squared away..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    I don't have a square to spare!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maryland has free testing (antigen). Last week I either got flu or the Rona and still feel grungy. I should have results later today or tomorrow.
    For the record testing was at a CVS drugstore drive thru. The process was very professional albeit alot of sneezing on my part ;). The test is self administered under supervision of the pharmacist via speakerphone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Most of the people I know who wouldn't leave their homes when we had 100 cases a day in the state are now doing group rides with over 9K cases a day in the state. People are now falling in one of two camps...I'm locking myself in my house with a year supply of toilet paper or meh it's no big deal I'm going to a rave.
    Meanwhile more info is coming out about the chronic impacts of the disease even once one "recovers" ......

I'll be in Phase 1 perpetually it seems.

As an introvert, and one who prefers solo-rides, it kinda works anyway. Though there are a few close friends here and across the hall I'd like to spin some miles with eventually - maybe a post-ride beer from a couple tables away.
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

The wheel is round. The hill lasts as long as it lasts. That's a fact. Everything else is pure theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What causes this? Bureaucratic allegiances among colleagues or pinch points in decision making occupied by people who are too narrowly focused? All of the above, i.e. this is the nature of bureaucracy where decisions are more likely made in order to avoid a change in the course of action than they are to make a correction.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...bf9_story.html
    Last edited by j44ke; 07-04-2020 at 10:11 AM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    What causes this? Bureaucratic allegiances among colleagues or pinch points in decision making occupied by people who are too narrowly focused? All of the above, i.e. this is the nature of bureaucracy where decisions are more likely made in order to avoid a change in the course of action than they are to make a correction.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...bf9_story.html
    Byzantine bureaucratic management. It's really nothing more.

OTOH not all Government agencies are like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nick Cordero died. Bothers me for some reason. Probably that he left behind a wife who appeared to be highly capable and generally terrific, like my wife.

But I was wondering while reading about his treatment whether his case would be handled the same way if he came into the ER now. I am not questioning the treatment he received or blaming doctors, just thinking about the cumulative advances experience with covid19 treatment has brought since March.
    Last edited by j44ke; 07-06-2020 at 08:37 AM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm continuing to wear a mask in public when within 6' of another person. I pull it down when it's not required. I never stopped going to work, we remained open with additional controls. We have had two cases (out of 700 employees) and they were a couple. The number of cases in the county has doubled each week for two weeks. The deaths are reduced with only 3 last week, all in the elderly groups. My son heads back to Annapolis next Tuesday, they are putting everyone on a two week quarantine upon arrival. After that they can go do stuff on yard (campus) but the gyms and pools remain closed. I fear that the campus will be locked down the entire fall.

On Saturday, I was driving to a memorial service (outside) for the past Commander of the VFW Post I attend. He died in a nursing home of C19 at 77 years. I drove past 20-30 people with signs protesting the wearing of masks. I flipped them off.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miami-Dade government is starting to re-implement some of the lockdown restrictions. They "reopened" way too early and our numbers show it. Now it's like trying to put the toothpaste back into the tube.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A riding bud was diagnosed last Tuesday evening, after experiencing a nagging and persistent cough and feeling tired. He had just traveled to Denver with his wife via plane the week prior to the cough, to visit his son. He said that he just felt like he had a "Summer cold", but given the state of the world, he reached out to a Doc for a prescription for a test. Two Docs later, he received a prescription (no fever was the reason for the denials) and he went to a drive-up testing tent. Two days later he received a call that he was positive, but by then, he felt better and he was back doing yard work and riding...off for the Summer...college professor. Out of courtesy, he called people that he had been in contact with, as the testing center didn't ask where he'd been, who he was in contact with and their advice was to "drink plenty of fluids and rest". Crazy stuff.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    I drove past 20-30 people with signs protesting the wearing of masks. I flipped them off.
    Ugh, typical snowflakes. Too special to eat meat, too special to eat wheat, too special to wear masks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dotard Jr.(I forget if he's Beavis or Butthead) has a girlfriend that tested positive. She hugged the South Dakota governor at the Mt. Rushmore super spreader event. The governor flew back with the Dotard on AF1. It's getting closer. I'm hoping!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole masks thing is bizarre. What a sacrifice to wear one.
    Even if it saves one life is worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by defspace View Post
    Ugh, typical snowflakes. Too special to eat meat, too special to eat wheat, too special to wear masks.
    Polar opposite of snowflakes. 3% tattoos, MAGA hats, open carry, and Murican flag shirts.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Polar opposite of snowflakes. 3% tattoos, MAGA hats, open carry, and Murican flag shirts.
    Sounds pretty snowflakey to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Sounds pretty snowflakey to me.
    They saw on FaceCrack that a 75 year old anitifa was bringing tiny flags for the children to burn so the incels have to brandish their penis extenders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sbti View Post
    Dotard Jr.(I forget if he's Beavis or Butthead) has a girlfriend that tested positive. She hugged the South Dakota governor at the Mt. Rushmore super spreader event. The governor flew back with the Dotard on AF1. It's getting closer. I'm hoping!
    That's Butthead. His brother is Beavis, or Biff from the Far Side.

Ok, back to our regular high-level discourse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Covid19 thread here. Rant and rave political Covid thread is a couple doors down. Just saying.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Back on topic. Here is the latest from Mohave County, AZ where I live. Really big surge in cases, big drop-off in deaths.

Coronavirus Response Hub - Mohave County Arizona