User Tag List

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will challenge Trump? Who you like?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Re: Who will challenge Trump? Who you like?

Representative Stacey Abrams supported Mayor Mike Bloomberg, too?
    Dang, she is yet another racist? These rascally racists are everywhere!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Who will challenge Trump? Who you like?

Senior intelligence official told lawmakers that Russia wants to see Trump reelected | Washington Post

"After learning of that analysis, which was provided to House lawmakers in a classified hearing, Trump erupted at his acting director of national intelligence, Joseph Maguire, in the Oval Office, perceiving him and his staff as disloyal for speaking to Congress about Russia’s perceived preference."
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    "...Senior intelligence official told lawmakers that Russia wants to see Trump reelected | Washington Post..."
    OMG. That is truly an informational bombshell.
    It is crucial to commence impeachment hearings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    Accepting foreign contributions of any kind is still a violation of campaign finance laws and reduces the faith Americans have in their electoral system. Saying "Oh let the voters decide" in an election the president is actively cheating in is a real threat to democracy. But hey, trump is the law of the land so I guess it's not really an issue... What's the point of these pesky elections things anyway, they just add uncertainty...
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"...Saying 'Oh, let the voters decide' in an election the president is actively cheating in is a real threat to democracy.
    But hey, Trump is the law of the land so I guess it's not really an issue. What's the point of these pesky elections things anyway, they just add uncertainty..."
    Those with any actionable information about President Trump violating the law should contact the appropriate law enforcement agencies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw a Bloomberg TV ad that featured President Obama...It sure looked like Obama has endorsed him, but I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened. I think this may backfire on him in some way, as it will force Obama to actually say "I didn't endorse him..." He's playing it safe by not endorsing anyone....yet. But he'll certainly start endorsing and working for the eventual candidate. And that will be key to beating Trump.

As Biden ship is sinking, I'm sure he'll depend on Obama for a Hail Mary, but I can't see that happening. Sorry Joe, room under the bus along with Pastor Wright.

Speaking of Biden, I can't see it happening. Ship sailed years ago - he is your inappropriate uncle at your cousins wedding. The more he speaks, the more you shake your head.

On to the Debate: I expected Bloomy to present better, but we all saw his performance, so I won't beat a dead horse. Being the mayor of NY has got to be a very hard job, so he has job experience that has to count, but he's also a Washington outsider. Bernie saying Bloombergs wealth is "wrong". Well, Bernie, that's how capitalism works. And that's part of what made this country the greatest nation on the planet. I don't hold his bank account against him. I think his strategy of getting in the same gutter to fight Trump insult to insult, isn't a smart one.

Warren was on the attack, was prepared, but I don't like her for a variety of reasons, so I'll leave it at that. I don't want to bash her here, she is my senator... but if she's the choice, it's gonna be nearly impossible for me to vote for her.

Bernie: Revenge of the killer B. I didn't like him getting screwed by his party the last time. I have to really read/research on how he plans to fund the things he wants. Bernies attack on the wealthy bothers me. As does his health.

Kobachar- something about her I do like. Doesn't have the weight for the top spot, but I can see her as VP.

Mayor Pete, I agree with earlier post about his age/experience. I watched his CNN town meeting, and he was trying too hard to please everyone. I didn't get the same feel form his earlier performances, where I felt he was more honest, or "real" as the kids say.

Overall, for ALL the Dems stating they "are the best" to beat Trump, I'm not seeing anyone who is a slam-dunk for that task.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those with any actionable information about President Trump violating the law should contact the appropriate law enforcement agencies.
    They did, they've since been fired from the National Security Council and State Department in reprisal for said actions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    Speaking of Biden, I can't see it happening. Ship sailed years ago - he is your inappropriate uncle at your cousins wedding. The more he speaks, the more you shake your head.
    I watched Biden at the Town Hall last night and it was painful. Like he was about to say just the right thing until he forgot the actual detail that would have brought home his point.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'mon dude. While this glibness may well earn you a job as a politician, are you really that dismissive of the presence of foreign influence in our elections? We know you support Trump, so I guess you don't care as long as the thumb on the scale weighs in your favor. But some of us find it concerning and I'd like to think every American would value our sovereignty enough to care.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    "...are you really that dismissive of the presence of foreign influence in our elections?..."
    It is amusing to note the circumstances when Democrats suddenly become concerned about United States national sovereignty.
    Of course our voting and election processes should be free of fraud, illegal voting, and external influence.

For those who possess actionable evidence, the path is simple and straightforward...contact the appropriate law enforcement agency.
    That is what law-abiding people do. If aware of illegal activity, present the information to law enforcement to help them investigate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is amusing to note the circumstances when Democrats suddenly become concerned about United States national sovereignty.
    Of course our voting and election processes should be free of fraud, illegal voting, and external influence.

For those who possess actionable evidence, the path is simple and straightforward...contact the appropriate law enforcement agency.
    That is what law-abiding people do. If aware of illegal activity, present the information to law enforcement to help them investigate.
    Nah. You were just being a dick; not a big one but, still, maybe don't?

And they did.
    John Clay
    Tallahassee, FL
    My Framebuilding: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21624415@N04/sets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jclay View Post
    "...You were just being a dick..."
    This is unacceptable VSalon behavior. Personal insults are not cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is unacceptable VSalon behavior. Personal insults are not cool.
    It wasn't intended as an insult; it was a clinical diagnosis and you know you were. I thought I nominalized it rather nicely, possibly even introducing a skosh of humor. You know full well, metaphorically, that you were gratuitously poking an ant hill with a stick.

You consistently ignore context and content in order to launch snappy little “back atchas”. If you want to have a constructive conversation about issues then do so in a straight ahead fashion, preferably fact based; but maybe lay off the schoolboy behavior? There's enough of it on TV, by the professionals.

I need to take my own advice, again, and drop this pointless exercise.
    John Clay
    Tallahassee, FL
    My Framebuilding: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21624415@N04/sets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Senior intelligence official told lawmakers that Russia wants to see Trump reelected | Washington Post

"After learning of that analysis, which was provided to House lawmakers in a classified hearing, Trump erupted at his acting director of national intelligence, Joseph Maguire, in the Oval Office, perceiving him and his staff as disloyal for speaking to Congress about Russia’s perceived preference."
    Why do you think the Russian government thinks it’s best for Russia if he’s re-elected?
    Trod Harland, Pickle Expediter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pardon the interruption than carry on. Since I'm the recipient of love notes regarding slights and fouls, it is my duty sad as that may be.

Hence forth own yer 'chit. Keep it marginally civil so I do not have to pat heads and nobody gets a talking to from their IT department about unacceptable discourse (you know what it looks like).

Recap: If you get called on something, own it, make it right and carry on MoFo carry on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mayor Bloomberg could have opted to instead just blanket the entire country in advertisements to further drive name recognition.
    He has so much money he could have easily retained his "outsider" status without necessarily exposing himself to other candidates.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mayor Bloomberg could have opted to instead just blanket the entire country in advertisements to further drive name recognition.
    He has so much money he could have easily retained his "outsider" status without necessarily exposing himself to other candidates.
    There is this whisper in my head that says he never intended to win the presidency.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    I watched Biden at the Town Hall last night and it was painful. Like he was about to say just the right thing until he forgot the actual detail that would have brought home his point.
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed here, but I just want to interject with an important point: Biden suffers from a stutter. He's battled it his entire life. You'll see him making a point, then appear to forget or stumbled and then he'll pivot to use a different word. That's him working through an active stutter. So what can come off as bumbling and forgetful, is actually him stuttering. Once I learned this, it made me see Biden in a completely different light. That didn't change who I voted for in the Democratic Primary here in NH, but it did give me a heck of a lot more compassion for him when I listen to him speak.

There's a great article in the Atlantic from a month or so ago here.
    Kristofer Henry : 44 BIKES : Made to Shred™
    www.44bikes.com · Flickr · Facebook · Instagram

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depending on how things go on Super Tuesday and in some pivotal states, this could conceivably be all but decided by mid-March.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't make posts like this:

And then complain to the moderators about this kind of response:

Quote Originally Posted by jclay View Post
    Nah. You were just being a dick; not a big one but, still, maybe don't?

And they did.
    You were trying to provoke, and you succeeded. So please stop with the provocations and actually engage in conversation. Or just stop with the provocations.
    GO!