Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top Five

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I've done the research. I've tried to compile the responces. This "Top Five Things" in the shop had about 30 different catorgies of items. I ranked a "Top 5" with 5 points. The honerable mentions were 2 points. Some liberties were taken to condense the scatter and beer. #1 is jigs for brazing or cutting, #2 is alignment surfaces/plates/tools, #3 is your torch handle or set up, #4 is a mill, and #5 is your files. Honerable mentions are #1 a three way tie for vices (yes!), Dyna files and Bike Cad, #2 isthe machinest squares and measuring tools. My Top 5 are files, alignement tools, eyes and hands, marking tools (sharpies and masking tape) and drugs (of your choice).
    Andy Stewart
    10%

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just arrived from down the hall. Top 5:

1: BikeCAD.
    2: Myford Super 7 lathe (mitres, slots, turns and growls).
    3: Dave Bohms wood. Blocks.
    4: Crappy chinese drill press.
    5: 80 grit shop roll.

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In no particular order:

1. Files.
    2. Quintuple the amount of work space. (Just crawled out of a rowhouse basement.)
    3. Mi Ojos
    4. The J Man
    5. aaannnnd the Miller Syncrowave, cause it's still got that new welder smell. Which probably means we need better ventilation.:thumbs_up:
    Baltimore Bicycle Works

FLICKR

Natty Boh and Lonestar Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a tough one. Any one of a hundred different things could be one through five at a given time but here goes.
    1) My gray matter. Without it couldn't even get out of bed in the morning much less make coffee.
    2) Fresh files. There's nothing like the feel of the way a new file cuts. Yeah, sounds a little sick.
    3) 30 year old Sears and Roebuck Sure Flame torch handle (Victor in disguise).
    4) Marchetti fork building stanchion. Only remaining one of six massive pieces that used to be on the Marchetti fork building turntable that used we used at Serotta. Many, many hours were spent standing at this medieval torcher device building fork after fork after fork. This one was modified by Chief for to be used stand alone and builds em' straight every time.
    5) My ball peen hammer. Gotta love a good hammer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12