Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Books You've Read in 2020

I knew you'd have interesting stuff.

And, funny, I fancy myself above the celebrity fray, but two or three years ago the fam was on a trip to Las Vegas, which is a good meeting spot for all of us Eastern people to get some sunshine and for my western people to rendezvous. Uncle Jim lives there. Anyway, we're out sightseeing and a black Maserati convertible pulls up next to us at a stop light not far from a tiki bar called Frankie's - I think it's closer to the Fremont Street part of town. My wife is driving and I'm in the passenger seat. Windows are down. We look over and a guy is smiling at us. My mom or someone in the backseat says "he's got a face tattoo!" I look and it's Mike Tyson! I lost my sh!t like a teen girl in the 60s seeing a member of the Monkees. Everybody waved and he smiled at us and sped off. Saw him again later that night doing the same thing. He was driving around mugging at people to promote his speaking show. Anyway, I grew up on boxing and (more honestly, the Rocky movies & playing Mike Tyson's punchout on Nintendo). Iron Mike was truly one of the greatest athletes who ever athleted. It was fun.
    Last edited by deano; 01-26-2020 at 01:18 PM.