User Tag List

Thread: Milk Street magazine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Milk Street magazine

Anyone else subscribe? I have no idea how it first arrived at our house but i suspect we were made founding subscribers due to my wife’s Cooks Illustrated subscription and we’ve subscribed ever since that first year.

Really thoughtful magazine. They typically will feature a foreign recipe that they enjoyed while traveling and develop a logical way to cook it at home even without certain exact ingredients or cooking tools, for example.

They have a section every issue called Tuesday Nights wherein they provide 4-6 real simple (ie: weeknight) recipes that are really great for mixing things up without spending much time and effort.

And now they have a cookbook along the same theme, with sections divided into fast, faster, fastest. ,wife bought it for me for Christmas as well as most of the family we exchange gifts with.

Highly recommended.

Tuesday Nights at Milk Street
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Milk Street magazine

I subscribe. Big fan. It's one of those rare magazine I will save every issue of, because the recipes are so good and usually get me thinking of how to use ingredients in new ways. I like the "Tuesday Night" section, it really delivers. They also seem to be pretty innovative with regards to cooking processes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny. I had never heard of it till yesterday, saw the book at the local Barnes and Noble. Did some Googling, and found the TV show on YouTube, and later ordered the cookbook, the one will all the recipes from the show. Looking forward to getting into it! They have another one called “New Rules”, may pick it up later.
    Last edited by dgaddis; 01-20-2020 at 02:37 PM.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the same thing happened to me, I got a copy because I subscribe to Cook's Illustrated. I particularly like that their simple weeknight type recipes require very little prep work and you can get all the ingredients at the store.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I think the same thing happened to me, I got a copy because I subscribe to Cook's Illustrated. I particularly like that their simple weeknight type recipes require very little prep work and you can get all the ingredients at the store.
    Bing bing bing. That's the big deal for me. There's so many cook books that have great looking recipes, but I can't find any of the ingredients. Milk Street seems to be pretty well adapted for making interesting recipes where you can find the ingredients in a normal grocery store in a medium size town in the US.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?