User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you really want to cruise the highways and byways of North America...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: If you really want to cruise the highways and byways of North America...

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    I just bought a house in NW Arizona with RV parking with hookups. I finish grad school in February and would like to be a distance learning instructor, so mobile is good, but also having a home base is good too.
    Ding ding ding. Well done man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: If you really want to cruise the highways and byways of North America...

Quote Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
    My wife and I have been discussing this seriously lately. Where does one go to find more information on what it takes to get a quality RV with enough space to set up a work-from-the-road office, live full-time, and store a bike or two? We are moving into a rental home in Central OR shortly and from there, who knows - the plan had been to buy a house but prices have gone so crazy that is seeming like less and less of a good move, plus there is the issue of spending a month or more a year trapped indoors by environmental hazards. We are used to living in a small space but want a clean/healthy indoors environment and a functional enough kitchen to continue to cook the majority of our meals. And if our elderly Maine Coone continues to be with us in this life, we'll need room for him to do his business as well. Much of what's here that I've read so far is more oriented to those doing camping trips or being on vacation full time, vs. working and living full time on the road for a couple years.
    Take a deep breath and go to the largest RV outdoor show you can find. The differences become obvious the moment you step inside.
    Ask that question in the Nomads sub-forum would be a good start.
    FWIIW we can go for months in our Airstream. Full time as in "we sold everything and this is home" would be entirely different answer. Yah might want a Class A with a toad. The toad allows you to get around once parked and the class A is simply a 4 season small home.
    Full time in a trailer...yeah people do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12