Thread: Friday Night Lights

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Friday Night Lights

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    If we wanna get analytical, the answer is two-fold.
    On one hand, the attrition rate among people who make frames thinking they'll continue to do so is off the charts. It's reality.
    And then you have social media. This wasn't a thing when we started V Place in 2007. Once people tasted Facebook and Instagram, the forum template was affected mightily.
    So there's your answer then. I'm not sure there is much that can be done about getting more activity on FNL, whether it's a continuous thread or not, whether it's locked down 6 days out of 7, etc.

If people prefer channels with potentially a wider reach but extremely short lifespan for each post, then they are where they want to be. Here, the audience is much smaller albeit a ridiculously qualified audience (in the marketing sense), and the lifespan of a post is almost infinite.

That said, posting pics on here is more work compared to other channels. That may also be a disincentive, but I doubt there's much that can be done about it.
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chik View Post
    So there's your answer then. I'm not sure there is much that can be done about getting more activity on FNL, whether it's a continuous thread or not, whether it's locked down 6 days out of 7, etc.

If people prefer channels with potentially a wider reach but extremely short lifespan for each post, then they are where they want to be. Here, the audience is much smaller albeit a ridiculously qualified audience (in the marketing sense), and the lifespan of a post is almost infinite.

That said, posting pics on here is more work compared to other channels. That may also be a disincentive, but I doubt there's much that can be done about it.
    I'm fine with evolution. And devolution too.

The only reason I added the newer thread was because someone seemed critical that participation had declined and that no threads popped for a month now. Perhaps I should have ignored it. Or let someone else make hay. Or just ignored it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fine with evolution. And devolution too.

The only reason I added the newer thread was because someone seemed critical that participation had declined and that no threads popped for a month now. Perhaps I should have ignored it. Or let someone else make hay. Or just ignored it.
    My opinion is worth what you’re paying for it... but my opinion is that it doesn’t need to be on Friday and that having it in one continuous thread is a great idea.

You can keep the change.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richard -

I wasn't being critical; I was offering to help start the weekly threads, given that those with the privileges had not done so in a few weeks.
    I apologize if I opened a can of worms. Just ignore it.

-Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cblandford View Post
    Richard -

I wasn't being critical; I was offering to help start the weekly threads, given that those with the privileges had not done so in a few weeks.
    I apologize if I opened a can of worms. Just ignore it.

-Chris
    No worries. The reply that you bracketed was to Chik. But I didn’t mean him, nor did I mean you when I selected my words.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apologies. I have attempted to rectify...

All the best - respectfully.

Drew Kessler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12