Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bernie Sanders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bernie Sanders

The payload isn't news but I find it interesting to see it in The Hill: Krystal Ball rips report saying Obama would intervene to stop Sanders | TheHill

Given the issues that Bernie supports it's quite an indictment of the mainstream Democratic Party, if not surprising to those who have been paying attention, that Obama would be quiet through the remarkable Trumpian assault on pretty much everything but decide to come out of his self imposed exile should Bernie pose a serious threat. What a shitty place the country would be if everybody had affordable health care, if the banking and financial sector's excesses got reined in effectively, if unions were strengthened and everyday working folks realized increased benefits and pay, if we started investing more of our sweat and treasure in modernizing our infrastructure, and such other things as that.
    John Clay
    Tallahassee, FL
    My Framebuilding: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21624415@N04/sets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Bernie Sanders

Without getting into political specifics I will say I was really surprised to see how good Bernie's current polling numbers are, just a few weeks before the Democrats begin their selections.
    Let's see how he does in the debate tonight. If he has another strong one he is going to have a good chance at taking the nomination.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the one hand, I don't think Bernie could beat President Impeached. On the other hand, perhaps he could.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tell people there's only one party I hate more than the Democratic party.
    And stuff like this is why.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there's anyone Trump has a shot against in the general, it's Bernie. I see why Obama would speak up. But thems politics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HorsCat View Post
    On the one hand, I don't think Bernie could beat President Impeached. On the other hand, perhaps he could.
    That's the deal; I just don't know. One day I think that enough folks have figured out that he's been on the right side of history, supporting the 99% of us, since day one; the next I'm despondent that the blend of tribal self identification, fear mongering, wedge issues and dearth of critical thinking, circumspect thought and self evaluation will trump all else.

Humanity didn't escape the dark periods of history by following people like Trump...or folks like the oligarchs and entrenched money behind the DNC.

I used to quietly chuckle at the curse "May you live in interesting times"; not so much anymore.
    John Clay
    Tallahassee, FL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jclay View Post

I used to quietly chuckle at the curse "May you live in interesting times"; not so much anymore.
    So true!
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HorsCat View Post
    I don't think America is ready for the Presidential limo to be Subaru.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott G. View Post
    I don't think America is ready for the Presidential limo to be Subaru.
    id say this is exactly what we need, to trade the idea of a limo for a subaru. limos are useless, like so much of the fluff
    Matt Zilliox

ldamelio is offline emperor of time, space and all dimensions known and unknown
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'd all be riding Tiagra if Bernie gets elected...............
    Lou D'Amelio
    Bucks County PA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ldamelio View Post
    If that is the price of income equality, universal health coverage, correction of the climate crises trend-line and no wars it is worth the price.
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ldamelio View Post
    i dont think there is anything against good tools in his agenda, every society needs good tools. Volvos are kinda sweet, no?
    There is value in well made tools.
    Matt Zilliox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume since GOP Operative James O'Keefe's Veritas group released a slander video on the Bernie campaign, someone in GOP circles is worried.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    I assume since GOP Operative James O'Keefe's Veritas group released a slander video on the Bernie campaign, someone in GOP circles is worried.
    yes, it would be a massive bummer for them if citizens started to actually demand a few things of our incredibly rich society, or started to realize what we could have. GOP and donors would much prefer business as usual, so would most of the DNC for that matter.

whats funny is how conservative some of bernies "crazy" ideas are.
    Matt Zilliox

ldamelio is offline emperor of time, space and all dimensions known and unknown
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    If that is the price of income equality, universal health coverage, correction of the climate crises trend-line and no wars it is worth the price.
    You can have my Super Record when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.............
    Lou D'Amelio
    Bucks County PA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The CNN debate taught me that CNN sucks. Seriously. That was pure Manufacturing Consent material.

These 'debates' suck, and they are designed to suck. It's the same "30 seconds to describe a complex issue" time after time after time, with moderators stopping it as soon as there is actual debate about substance.

And that outrageous, obviously pre-scripted thing about Warren and Bernie... we need to go back to debates run by the League of Women voters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ericpmoss View Post
    The CNN debate taught me that CNN sucks. Seriously. That was pure Manufacturing Consent material. we need to go back to debates run by the League of Women voters.
    Amen.

The notion that meaningful discussion of complex issues can be distilled down to 30 seconds or a minute is ludicrous. It's nothing but a bar fight for $.

Unfortunately for us a whole bunch of the population has neither the attention span nor the willingness to listen to multiple points of view relating to complex issues. I don't offer that in justification at all but merely to punctuate that we're in deep shit when our electorate remains wilfully ignorant and makes choices based on tribal affiliation.
    John Clay
    Tallahassee, FL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jclay View Post
    Amen.

The notion that meaningful discussion of complex issues can be distilled down to 30 seconds or a minute is ludicrous. It's nothing but a bar fight for $.

Unfortunately for us a whole bunch of the population has neither the attention span nor the willingness to listen to multiple points of view relating to complex issues. I don't offer that in justification at all but merely to punctuate that we're in deep shit when our electorate remains wilfully ignorant and makes choices based on tribal affiliation.
    It really was - that one question to Warren made the comments about Bernie "so when did you stop beating your wife"? He did well, but it's always hard to turn that sort of thing positive.
    It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting that it took out the zero in 40.

Can you say hypocrite?
    The pair also earned about $260,000 from pensions over the eight years. They got another $240,000 in social security benefits, which works out to about $30,000 a year. Biden, who was 66 years old at the time of the 2009 inauguration, had only collected some $6,500 in social security benefits prior to entering the White House.
    How The Bidens Earned More Than $3 Million While They Were In The White House

IMO Joe Biden is a perfect example of everything that is wrong with politicians in the US.
    Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast