User Tag List

Thread: PS 4 best games - for my 9 y/o

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default PS 4 best games - for my 9 y/o

I'm looking to get my son 1-2 games for PS4 for Christmas.

We love FIFA 20 which we play exclusively.

I'm thinking about getting him the other soccer game because I hear it's fun to play although FIFA is better.

We have last year's NBA and Madden but never play them. We like NBA and should play it more while Madden intimidates my son (because he doesn't understand football at all).

I wish Tony Hawk pro skater were good because it was fun back in the day but I believe Tony left the project.

What about a Rally car game or motocross?

My son is 9 y/o in fourth grade so it can't be GTA or anything inappropriate for his age

Thanks for any recs btw is there are a definitive site for game reviews and ratings?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: PS 4 best games - for my 9 y/o

I have had good luck with the Dirt series (rally racing) in the past; I think the latest is something like Dirt Rally 2.0. If he likes baseball, The Show series of games is usually good stuff too. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spiderman is phenomenal for the swinging through Manhattan alone.

Rocket League if you like FiFa is a must. It's soccer with rocket powered cars.

And Sonic Mania for the spiritual (and actual) successor to Sonic the Hedgehog from 16 bit days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Dirt rally looks pretty cool to me. Is there are motocross that's on par? It looks like the Rally car game is the superior but just wanted to check for anything that's motorcycles. The F1 doesn't grab me as much because the tracks are so clean compared to rally. I'm sure it's fun though.

Baseball my son won't get much like American football. I like Madden a lot actually but so many players and the intricacy of the plays he doesn't like getting whooped by his dad. I think it intimidates him for good reason.

He manhandles me in FIFA but we play almost every day doing custom tourneys like our last one was Bunk Bed World Cup which was a tourney of all teams that share stadiums worldwide. Currently we're playing King of the Animals which pits all mascots against each other in animal groupings. We just played the Veracruz Mexico sharks vs Junior sharks from Shakira's hometown in Colombia (Barranquilla) — I can't beat my son to save my life — it was an easy 2-0 victory for Veracruz.

So I'm thinking PES soccer plus one other game.

Will check out Spiderman, Rocket League, and Sonic Mania thanks!

This may be stupid but does anyone have a daughter or son and what do you think of the dance game long term. Do kids tire out quickly with it or is it fun? I think the game's called Just Dance. My kids went ape shit with it this summer in Norway. It was pretty funny and reminded me of Wii.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't played one recently but my daughter liked the Lego games at that age, and they were pretty good for playing together. We had a couple of the Lego Marvel ones that I thought were well done.

And you're right the old Tony Hawk games were great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by holliscx View Post
    The Dirt rally looks pretty cool to me. Is there are motocross that's on par? It looks like the Rally car game is the superior but just wanted to check for anything that's motorcycles. The F1 doesn't grab me as much because the tracks are so clean compared to rally. I'm sure it's fun though.

Baseball my son won't get much like American football. I like Madden a lot actually but so many players and the intricacy of the plays he doesn't like getting whooped by his dad. I think it intimidates him for good reason.

He manhandles me in FIFA but we play almost every day doing custom tourneys like our last one was Bunk Bed World Cup which was a tourney of all teams that share stadiums worldwide. Currently we're playing King of the Animals which pits all mascots against each other in animal groupings. We just played the Veracruz Mexico sharks vs Junior sharks from Shakira's hometown in Colombia (Barranquilla) — I can't beat my son to save my life — it was an easy 2-0 victory for Veracruz.

So I'm thinking PES soccer plus one other game.

Will check out Spiderman, Rocket League, and Sonic Mania thanks!

This may be stupid but does anyone have a daughter or son and what do you think of the dance game long term. Do kids tire out quickly with it or is it fun? I think the game's called Just Dance. My kids went ape shit with it this summer in Norway. It was pretty funny and reminded me of Wii.
    There isn't anything quite like that for motorcycles in terms of racing that I know of, although you may look at the game Trials Rising. It is a bit silly overall tonally (which your 9 year old may like) and isn't a racing game, but rather a platformer/puzzle/physics based game where you are trying to get through outlandish levels with jumps, loops, drops, etc.