User Tag List

Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s telling that there’s no Impeachment thread on VS...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: It’s telling that there’s no Impeachment thread on VS...

A neurosyphilitic 15 flusher psychopath pussywhipped by a 16 year old girl. Sad. He couldn't bully Pelosi so he bullies a little girl.

Meanwhile the Einstein visa pole dancer with her chain migrated parents talks about Greta Thunberg, 16, “who travels the globe giving speeches,” isn't the same as her retard son Barron Trump, “a 13-year-old who wants and deserves privacy,” she said in the statement, according to The Associated Press.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Re: It’s telling that there’s no Impeachment thread on VS...

Quote Originally Posted by Sbti View Post
    "...A neurosyphilitic 15 flusher psychopath pussywhipped by a 16 year old girl. Sad. He couldn't bully Pelosi so he bullies a little girl. Meanwhile the Einstein visa pole dancer with her chain migrated parents talks about Greta Thunberg, 16, 'who travels the globe giving speeches,' isn't the same as her retard son Barron Trump, 'a 13-year-old who wants and deserves privacy,' she said in the statement, according to The Associated Press..."
    This is comedy GOLD that just might effectively draw an independent voter or even lure an earlier President Trump voter to your side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    This is comedy GOLD that just might effectively draw an independent voter or even lure an earlier President Trump voter to your side.
    If insulting your opponents tends to help the other side, then based on Trump's Twitter feed I'd say that Dems have little to fear in November.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabouya View Post
    "...opponents..."
    None of us here are opponents.
    Candidates can naturally be opponents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sbti View Post
    A neurosyphilitic 15 flusher psychopath...
    Lighten up, Francis.

No need plumb the depths of offensive.
    Trod Harland, Pickle Expediter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabouya View Post
    If insulting your opponents tends to help the other side, then based on Trump's Twitter feed I'd say that Dems have little to fear in November.
    The Dems have plenty to fear in November. Anyone who thinks they have it figured out need only look at the sense of destiny they felt in the weeks leading up to November 2016.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DT wins election. Period.
    Dems decide from day ONE they will "get" Trump. Period.

I wonder how far we would have gotten on immigration and healthcare - if all the time and effort and money spent on going after a President (who to date has not been found guilty of anything), was spent on doing the job of creating and passing better laws for the people.

So what happens if say, Trump says "screw this" and resigns tomorrow. Think anything in this country will change for the better?

I don't.

This impeachment crap is ridiculous. Let the voters decide. Oh, I forgot, that didn't work out so well for the Dems the last time, so yeah, do anything, report anything, say anything in order to win.

President Biden? President Warren? Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Corso! Good to see you, hope the family is doing well.

This very tribal behavior, on both sides, is wasting precious time while things need fixing and kids need schooling and books need reading and bikes need riding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually my father just passed away. Great guy who always was there to help anyone in need. He'll be missed. Believed everyone of every race and religion were all "us". Taught me many things. He'd alway laugh when I told him some online folks accused me of being "racist"...

He didn't like Trump one bit. We had many spirited discussions. but we never let a difference of opinion alter the bigger picture of our relationship.

I know many here love to debate me-and think I get "worked up". I really don't. It isn't worth it in the long run.

I agree: Bikes need riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear, but glad you have such good memories of your dad. My dad and I are actually closer now, in political discussion, than we've been since Reagan's first term. He tends to switch the subject to college sports, so things would never get out of hand anyway.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    I wonder how far we would have gotten on immigration and healthcare - if all the time and effort and money spent on going after a President (who to date has not been found guilty of anything), was spent on doing the job of creating and passing better laws for the people.
    We wouldn't have gotten anywhere. For the first two years of Trump's term, the GOP controlled the executive and legislative branches, and the only things they cared about were a tax cut and an extreme right wing judiciary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[snip]
    So what happens if say, Trump says "screw this" and resigns tomorrow. Think anything in this country will change for the better? [snip]
    We would have a Christian gentleman as President.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DT wins election. Period.
    Dems decide from day ONE they will "get" Trump. Period.

So what happens if say, Trump says "screw this" and resigns tomorrow. Think anything in this country will change for the better?

I don't.

This impeachment crap is ridiculous. Let the voters decide. Oh, I forgot, that didn't work out so well for the Dems the last time, so yeah, do anything, report anything, say anything in order to win.

President Biden? President Warren? Good luck.
    I'm amazed at this thought process. I've never seen this country so divided without a concern of said division. I've never seen such love/hate. This type of behavior only creates blinders.
    To me, our president should unite a country for the better. It should not be measured by verbal 'slams' (when everything in the media is said to be fake) or the stock market (when the national deficit continues to increase).
    Our next president has a shit ton of work righting this ship.
    I just hope our next president can rise above this school yard, twitter, name calling bullshit and focus on the real problems.
    Rick

If the process is more important than the result, you play. If the result is more important than the process, you work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ras72 View Post
    I'm amazed at this thought process. I've never seen this country so divided without a concern of said division. I've never seen such love/hate. This type of behavior only creates blinders.
    To me, our president should unite a country for the better. It should not be measured by verbal 'slams' (when everything in the media is said to be fake) or the stock market (when the national deficit continues to increase).
    Our next president has a shit ton of work righting this ship.
    I just hope our next president can rise above this school yard, twitter, name calling bullshit and focus on the real problems.
    So it's ok for the Democrats to endlessly attack the President (from before he was even won) and continue on this grasping at straws impeachment- because the ELECTED President doesn't fit the mold we all expect the President to fit? How dare he try to keep campaign promises? How dare a non-politician leap over all career politicians to the White House?

Vote him out. That's how it's supposed to work.

Oh and I guess the overall economy, low unemployment rate and prison reform under Trump doesn't matter, not "real problems"...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it's ok for the Democrats to endlessly attack the President (from before he was even won) and continue on this grasping at straws impeachment- because the ELECTED President doesn't fit the mold we all expect the President to fit? How dare he try to keep campaign promises? How dare a non-politician leap over all career politicians to the White House?

Oh and I guess the overall economy, low unemployment rate and prison reform under Trump doesn't matter, not "real problems"...
    jesus, this viewpoint chooses to ignore everything trump has and hasnt done. what are you talking about keeping campaign promises? what about the impeachment is grasping at straws? its much more warranted than the last one, and every bit as warranted as the first. the president did something that requires the process. as far as picking on him (he didnt "won", he lost in overall numbers), he picks fights, it wasnt this way before him, for good reason, the person doing the jpb was to be trusted to do it at least at some minimum requirement of ability and decorum.

what prison reform? what overall economy are you speaking to? the one that always works? the one thats been working for well over a decade?

i actually do think folks will behave better with a new admin, i actually think this current admin makes folks feel like its ok to behave like the president, which is to say like a child not getting his way calling everyone names and every situation is designed to hinder him. its simply not reality bro, this is what hes created for himself with his constant swi[es and assured division, and you sir have fallen into it with your "but the dems, and what if the dems" crap. I havent seen much attacking the president, only reacting to his vitriol.

but my bvrain is different than yours, so if you see a victim here, so be it, hahahahha
    Matt Zilliox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott G. View Post
    Mother would be thrilled.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott G. View Post
    And it wouldn't take long for the Dems to try to destroy him also.

So let's assume Trump goes away before the election. Who's going to beat Pence? The D's strategy may be completely flawed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should a President's personal attorney be able to solicit a foreign power for assistance in digging up dirt on a political opponent? Can the President himself ask a foreign nation for aid in an upcoming election?

This is the fundamental question about the President that's never fully been answered -- to what extent is he beholden to foreign actors and influence? And we have an instance, released by his own administration, of a direct ask of a foreign leader under duress for assistance in a political campaign in exchange for taxpayer approved aid. This has been corroborated by pretty much everyone up and down the line, including his own political appointees in everything from TV interviews to Congressional testimony, all while he refuses to allow senior administration officials to testify, submit documents and otherwise obstructs the process.

If there is anything that is impeachable conduct by a President to the basest definition created by the Founders, this is it.

He's also dangling far closer to a real problem in the Senate than either he or McConnell want to admit. They only need 4 defections from the six or so moderate and retiring Republicans (Murkowski, Collins, Gardner, Romney, Alexander, et al) in the Senate that the trial goes from a quick dismissal to now asking for witness testimony from Bolton, Mulvaney and the like. That happens, all bets are off.

The letter that was sent yesterday is not one from someone unconcerned about the outcome of a Senate trial.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And it wouldn't take long for the Dems to try to destroy him also.

So let's assume Trump goes away before the election. Who's going to beat Pence? The D's strategy may be completely flawed.
    Considering Pence was about to be out as Governor of Indiana because he was wildly unpopular, I don't think his candidacy for President would be as slam dunk as you think. He also appears to be neck deep in all this Ukraine influence peddling as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not the only way it is supposed to work. Article II of the Constitution also provides for the impeachment of a president who commits treason, bribery or other high crimes or misdemeanors." In case you haven't been paying attention, Trump attempted to extort and bribe a foreign country into cooking up a phony investigation in an effort to cheat - again - in an election. There is perhaps no more fundamental assault on our supposed democracy than that. As well, there is the 25th Amendment, and Trump is clearly nuts, though removing him on that basis is probably a stretch.

As for the economy and the low unemployment rate, Trump is the continuing beneficiary of a strong economy bequeathed to him by his predecessor.

And as for your assertion that "he has not been found guilty of anything," you clearly aren't aware that he is an unindicted co-conspirator in a federal crime for which someone is currently serving time in a federal penitentiary, he paid $25 million for defrauding "students" at his "university," he has recently been ordered to pay $2 million for using his "charity" as a ATM, Bob Mueller outlined 10 counts of potential obstruction of justice, and he (Mueller) probably would have found an indictable criminal conspiracy if Manafort and Stone weren't taking the fall for their don.