User Tag List

Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s telling that there’s no Impeachment thread on VS...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: It’s telling that there’s no Impeachment thread on VS...

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    ^^^ Do they have no squirrels?
    All left for D.C.

Town is full of nuts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two articles of impeachment passed in committee. It's on to the full house.

Panel Approves Impeachment Articles and Sends Charges for a House Vote - The New York Times
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    Look at bright side of things when it comes to this and similar threads. Folks here in OT section can keep threads going until January 2025.
    With remarkable jobs reports, record low unemployment, USMCA, rising wages, and less war...President Trump is poised for yuge reelection.
    This is such crap, just trolling. Pretenders
    Matt Zilliox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    Two articles of impeachment passed in committee. It's on to the full house.
    Moscow Mitch confirmed last night that he is ok subordinating Congress' co-equal powers to the whims of the Executive and that Trump's acquittal is a foregone conclusion. If I were Speaker, I'd hold the vote to approve Articles of Impeachment, but then decline to adopt a resolution informing the Senate and would not appoint managers for the trial. Just have the historical record show that Trump was impeached and leave it hanging over his head, all through the 2020 election cycle and possibly throughout his second term (if there is one). If the Dems manage to flip the Senate, they can proceed with a proper trial. Alas, Ms. Pelosi has not sought my counsel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess ole mitch mcconnell is "wiser than Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, John Adams, Thomas Paine, and others."

and of course the electoral college is a good idea from that old phony document, but holding a president accountable for his abuse of power, obstruction of congress, lies, and election interference, well those were just little suggestions that can be overlooked because jobs.

hey you 2 out there spouting

why do you like him so much? its not jobs, you already had those. its not economy, we always have that, thats how this works, a president only has so much power over the economy, the rich folks and economists do the rest. plus he lied about that too. So without the economy piece, what is the real reason you support Trump still? immigration? wall? fashion? Some pretend notion hes "doing things different"? im curious
    Matt Zilliox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: It's telling that there is no Impeachment thread on VS...

Quote Originally Posted by mjbabcock View Post
    On the point of, "trying to overthrow the 2016 election", why don't the Dems toss out the fact that they are not trying to place Clinton in the office...Pence would be president. We would not be overthrowing the will of the electorate, but deeming the top of the ticket as unfit to serve, and promoting second in line (still a conservative Republican) into the office.
    Pence would only serve out the remainder of DJTs term, DJT would run as the candidate in 2020, getting a chance at two more terms,
    and more Supreme appointments. Impeachment, back door to 4 terms, think of impeachment as a sabbatical/political fund raiser.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's the "Chosen One."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott G. View Post
    Pence would only serve out the remainder of DJTs term, DJT would run as the candidate in 2020, getting a chance at two more terms,
    and more Supreme appointments. Impeachment, back door to 4 terms, think of impeachment as a sabbatical/political fund raiser.
    No, the 22nd amendment says you can only be elected twice. The clock doesn't restart:

"No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lumpy View Post
    No, the 22nd amendment says you can only be elected twice. The clock doesn't restart:

"No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once."
    Yeah, but thats one of those phony clauses, Mr T will plow over that phony clause for America, because we neeeeeeeeeeed him.
    Matt Zilliox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...achment-trial/

above the law. so fair, so constitution, so 2019, so republican, but they are doing it for us, obviously
    Matt Zilliox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"No person named Roosevelt or descendant thereof shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once."
    Fixed it for you, I am pretty sure DJT is acting president, so the amendment doesn't apply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mzilliox View Post
    Yeah, but thats one of those phony clauses, Mr T will plow over that phony clause for America, because we neeeeeeeeeeed him.
    Good point. Like DJT's second-favorite president Andrew Jackson said about the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, "John Marshall has made his decision, now let him enforce it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In some circles, there is a lot of concern over what DJT will do when/if he looses the election. Will he have enough dignity to just walk away?
    Guy Washburn

– Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve watched some coverage of the impeachment hearings. But not all. Honest question, do the Dems have enough votes in the house that support the articles of impeachment?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Tex View Post
    I’ve watched some coverage of the impeachment hearings. But not all. Honest question, do the Dems have enough votes in the house that support the articles of impeachment?
    Yes. Pelosi counted before she gave the go ahead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The president's conduct has made it a moral imperative that he be impeached. Failure to at least attempt to remove such an odious person from the highest office in the United States would be a failure to uphold the Constitution.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Tex View Post
    Pelosi does not bring anything to the floor she does not know will pass. That's why she's a better Speaker than Ryan or McCarthy. She ain't perfect, but she can whip a caucus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zetroc View Post
    The president's conduct has made it a moral imperative that he be impeached. Failure to at least attempt to remove such an odious person from the highest office in the United States would be a failure to uphold the Constitution.
    And a violation of the oath of office every representative and senator takes:

“I, ________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And a violation of the oath of office every representative and senator takes:

“I, ________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”
    Except Republican domestic enemies... They don't seem to count.
    Guy Washburn

– Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Dallas Tex;981135]I’ve watched some coverage of the impeachment hearings. But not all. [snip]/QUOTE]

You have my sympathy, where do I send the beer?.
    Those hearing required an Imperial Stout at minimum.