Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
Yeah, he beat me to it and nailed it by stepping up to the comment about the condition. Matching leathers from shoes to belt to watch strap would be too matchy-matchy. But they should be the same color and also have a similar level of gloss/finish. A casual distressed leather watch strap with polished shoes and belt wouldn't be great. Neither would a polished dress watch with distressed leather shoes and rough finished belt. The one exception is that it's totally cool to rock a dress watch with no belt and casual shoes if the watch can stand alone.
agreed. i used to be against males over the age of twelve wearing sneakers when not engaged in sport. i blame Kanye, California, and real rich people out here for my change of heart. there's folks wearing $2500 Yeezys and that's cool- but isn't it cooler to be the other guy at the car show who's wearing an old pair of New Balances and a $12 Hanes T-Shirt that says, "2019 Smythe Children's Hospital Kid's Fun Run". That's a dude who is worth billions- and if he's wearing dirty old sneakers out in public so can't we all. I'm never going to think his Lexus is cool though.

I'm still convinced though that unless you're in the SAS and driving a Land Rover in the Oman- for god's sake get a real watch strap for that thing. A NATO strap is wonderful for Corporal Piggin- but it's really stupid on that fat guy who works in IT's IWC.