User Tag List

Thread: danner hikers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default danner hikers

i've been doing quite a bit of day-hiking lately. mostly when i'm on the road solo and have access to the coolest national parks in our great country. yosemite might very well be my favorite place on earth.

anyway, my go-to for this style of light day pack hiking is always my trusty trail runners. they are light and capable and have not left me wanting for more substantial footwear. probably stemming from my running background, but a good set of trail runners has proved perfect for the hiking i do, up to 24 mile yosemite hikes with lots of climbing. very little backpack weight though, just water, lunch and snacks.

back to the script here: i happened to notice danner now has a light hiker, the Trail 2650. these are modeled after trail running shoes, and look like a great alternative travel piece of footwear that handle day hikes well.

can anyone comment on how these fit? i dont have any place local to try them on it seems and would order online, so some guess as to sizing would help compared to other athletic footwear. also overall impressions or quality?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: danner hikers

I bought a pair of these last week. My initial impressions are they are going to be a comfortable shoe. Sizing seems true to size with a generous toe box, at least in size 13. I have been a long time fan of Danner boots for their quality. Fwiw, I got the gtx version with the goretex lining. Rei had these on sale.
    Dan Bare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks dan.

i just ordered a pair in my typical running shoe size (10). will report back with fit!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I picked up a pair last month for some light hiking in Colorado. I'd say the build quality is good. The fit is a little narrower through the mid-foot than I expected, but not too bad. The cushioning is very good and the grip is a huge step up from my previous trail runners. I got them to be a little more sure footed when carrying my son in the Osprey Poco pack (everyone should get one of these, whether or not they have kids, because it's that good). The Danners definitely helped in that regard. I felt much more stable on slippery or loose terrain with the added weight of a toddler on my back than with the trail running shoes.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids