User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Bikes and how they are ridden

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dang it e-RICHIE can you leave a window open after you do that???? Dewd, that's rank!!! Beans for lunch or whatmo? ;)

"The large majority of cyclists have not raced" Sandy 2008 immortal

Wellllll, Greg Lemond raced a bit. I saw him at Trexlertown last yr. When he thew his leg over his personal bike to go for a ride with 20 of his pals I'd bet my bottom dollar he'd describe himself as a "cyclist".

Folks we must respect and have equal passion for others points of view. Our hearts are in the right places. Terminology and the $$s we spend might be for diff. purposes no doubt. Heck, I f'ing HATE Brooks saddles because they bloody hurt me and I'll tell you about it....but I might just recommend one for the right person with the right bike setup don't hate me for my perspective or words as long as I'm fair, willing to laugh at myself and will listen and take a question without making it personal than have a laugh about it later. Nuff said.

CycleRiderRacer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TooTall

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Dang it e-RICHIE can you leave a window open after you do that???? Dewd, that's rank!!! Beans for lunch or whatmo? ;)

"The large majority of cyclists have not raced" Sandy 2008 immortal

Wellllll, Greg Lemond raced a bit. I saw him at Trexlertown last yr. When he thew his leg over his personal bike to go for a ride with 20 of his pals I'd bet my bottom dollar he'd describe himself as a "cyclist".

Folks we must respect and have equal passion for others points of view. Our hearts are in the right places. Terminology and the $$s we spend might be for diff. purposes no doubt. Heck, I f'ing HATE Brooks saddles because they bloody hurt me and I'll tell you about it....but I might just recommend one for the right person with the right bike setup don't hate me for my perspective or words as long as I'm fair, willing to laugh at myself and will listen and take a question without making it personal than have a laugh about it later. Nuff said.

CycleRiderRacer
    ???? Of course Greg Lemond raced. One of the all time best. Of course he'd consider himself a "cyclist". Don't understand your point at all. The discussion was who flick considered a "cyclist" and who was not. Clearly Greg Lemond would be in flick's set of "cyclists". The point was who would not be.

The population of the United States is presently 304,000,000+. There are 300,000,000 bike riders in China alone. Are they cyclists? Just bike riders? Bicycle racers? Yes- I'll stick with my immortal 2008 statement. The majority of cyclists have not raced. The real question is who does flick and others consider "cyclists"? What is his definition? Who is in and who is out and who makes that determination? Flick?

Sandy
    Last edited by Sandy; 07-03-2008 at 09:04 AM.
    Adopt An Animal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    ???? Of course Greg Lemond raced. One of the all time best. Of course he'd consider himself a "cyclist". Don't understand your point at all. The discussion was who flick considered a "cyclist" and who was not. Clearly Greg Lemond would be in flick's set of "cyclists". The point was who would not be.

The population of the United States is presently 304,000,000+. There are 300,000,000 bike riders in China alone. Are they cyclists? Just bike riders? Bicycle racers? Yes- I'll stick with my immortal 2008 statement. The majority of cyclists have not raced. The real question is who does flick and others consider "cyclists"? What is his definition? Who is in and who is out and who makes that determination? Flick?

Sandy
    Sandy, I hear Swoop calling your name. Who cares, we aren't all going to get along and sit around the cyber camp fire singing old songs. If it really matters to what someone on the INTERNET thinks you need to get firmer grip on what really matters. The people who's opinions of me matter are those I interact with daily in person face to face. I'm not sure why you would come to this board and expect it to behave like the other place.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone who throws a leg over their bicycle in ernest is a cyclist. Some cyclist race.

HA! Got you on the run now Bambi ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post

Sandy
    Not all dog owners are dog lovers. I wouldn't care to venture a guess the percentages. Who cares how a person defines the relationship between the two. Those who are dog lovers know it, those who are dog owners might be offended if not included by others in some class (lover) they feel is somehow "better" than being an owner. But, the deal is the only thing that should matter to each of us is how we see ourselves.

I going out on the bike now.

You can call me Ray, or you can call me....
    Jay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quaintjh View Post
    But, the deal is the only thing that should matter to each of us is how we see ourselves.
    The problem arises, I think, when how we see ourselves becomes projected onto others and we decide that the others should be as we are. It's a feedback loop. How we see ourselves feeds the need to project ourselves on others. When one is completely at ease with themselves, they seem no longer to have that need.

Lots of need in this thread. Me, I need some bread. I'm hungry. Unless my standard hallucinations are all screwed up, that doesn't make you hungry too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default rydesteel,quaintjh

Got your excellent points. I will leave it at this- For anyone- Define anything as you want. Just be aware of and respectful and of how others perceive that anything. Some folks are. Some are not. Because someone takes a position on the anything, that does not make that position correct. The anything has different meanings to different people.

Sandy
    Adopt An Animal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good closer Bambi. I'll start a new sticky thread along same lines. This was productive.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789