Hello, Velocipede Salon!
My name is Robert Burns; I work at a shop in Boston, MA & I'm super excited to finally be posting here!
I've read many posts on the VS forums over the past few years & am really eager share some of my geekiness with y'all.

I'm starting my first frame & fork build next month. That first build will be a track bike, specifically to race fixed gear criteriums, and to also test out some ideas that I'll hopefully be able to translate to my next build; a road racing bike which will also be geared towards crits, but something I can also use for road races as well.
Worth noting is that a friend of mine who has done a few builds & has a space will be guiding me through the physical process, so I won't be in The Fray by myself, unguided! We'll be fillet-brazing the frames. I've spoken with them about the following to great length & just want to see what other folks think.

Being that I'm a pretty tall person (about 6' 3"), I want to use larger diameter tubes. Specifically, I wanted to use a 46.4mm HT so I could use a 42mm Zona DT, however that probably wouldn't look so great when paired with a 1 1/8" steerer, lugged MAX fork, which is also a part of the plan that I truly want to stick with. I've seen incredible work from Eric at Winter Bicycles who seems to have pretty good results putting tapered steerers on MAX forks, allowing them to use 46.4mm HTs, but I'm not sure what the build process of something like that would be? And how it would feel to ride/race with? I'm very curious about that as a possibility.
My understanding of tubing diameter selection for builds is: HT larger than DT & TT, ST larger than TT, etc. Is that understanding true? Can I use an HT that is the same dia. as the DT? Could I use a TT that's larger than the ST? (i.e., 38mm HT, 38mm DT, 35mm TT, 33.5mm ST (at the ext. butt)

With all of that said, my plan for tubing for the first build is:

HT - 38mm Spirit
DT - 35mm Zona
TT - 31.8mm Zona
ST- 32.7 Zona (for 31.6 SP)
SS - 17mm Life
CS - 24mm Life w/ 80mm taper
T47 BB
Columbus Lugged MAX 28.6mm steerer, straight blade fork w/ 4.69 deg. crown from Hillbrick.com

I do feel I'd benefit from larger tubes than what I'm planning on using, especially since I'm currently riding a Cinelli Vigorelli Road, which has super OS tubes & I love the feel of it.

I hope this isn't too involved for my first post here!
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this & share thoughts; any and all are very much appreciated!
Looking forward to hearing from y'all!
Also, Happy New Year. :)
- Robert.