User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ZWIFT > VS Zwifters post your start times....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ZWIFT > VS Zwifters post your start times....

Did the Alpe du Zwift the other day and agree that the climbs are oddly motivating. I just started so I'm not the required level (12) yet, but was able to do that route by joining one of the tour de Zwift (really the fake French is a bit too much) events. My first thought was that it was going to take way longer than I want to spend on a trainer, but next thing I know I'm through 10 of the hairpins.

I'm not into video games. And I have a love/hate relationship with the trainer. But somehow this just works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Mountain 8 for instance includes the epic climb to the radio tower you mentioned.

Here are details for all the courses in all worlds >> Zwift Course Maps and Details | Zwift Insider
    Yeah, longest climb on Zwift I just learned. I am a stud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by m_b_b View Post
    I'm not into video games. And I have a love/hate relationship with the trainer. But somehow this just works.
    Yep. Same here sort of weird. Maybe it will fade, time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume the kickr core provides cadence ? I see the cadence on the companion app but cannot see it on the main Swift screen on the Macbook pro. When I try to find a cadence sensor from the main screen nothing shows up....

Also it's a bit of a mess at startup to get the kickr recognized by swift like if something else is hogging the BT connection.

Anybody on this ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    I assume the kickr core provides cadence ? I see the cadence on the companion app but cannot see it on the main Swift screen on the Macbook pro. When I try to find a cadence sensor from the main screen nothing shows up....

Also it's a bit of a mess at startup to get the kickr recognized by swift like if something else is hogging the BT connection.

Anybody on this ?
    I have to spin the crankarms backwards several revolutions before Zwift will recognize the cadence. Overall, opening the app is really slow but ok once I'm in it. I'll click on the icon, fill my water bottle, put on my shoes, turn on the fan, set up my music, and pet the cat before it's finally ready to ride.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually it seems that the Kickr core does not provide cadence. I am therefore wondering where the cadence that shows on the companion app comes from !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually it seems that the Kickr core does not provide cadence. I am therefore wondering where the cadence that shows on the companion app comes from !
    I have the Snap and use a separate garmin cadence sensor which talks to a garmin Blue Tooth dongle held by my Mac Mini.
    You might just need to buy a garmin sensor.

FWIIW the desktop app is pretty slow to load here as well. It is reliable at least.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK but what is that cadence shown in the companion app ? Some sort of estimate ?
    Last edited by Lionel; 01-30-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK but what is that cadence shown in the companion app ? Some sort of estimate ?
    No clue.

Suggest you research at the ZWIFT support site. I've had good luck searching their online forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are going to see OMG close to 50F temps tomorrow.
    I'm going to hit ZWIFT for 1.5 hrs. starting at 8 am than move my game outside.
    If you are up for some hills and thrills "join" me at any point via the app or look for me at the standard drop in point in Watopia.

Start: 8 am
    Course: Figure 8
    World: Watopia
    Pace: my pace
    Name: add "NFS" or "Vsalon" to your name.
    Waving: it happens
    weigh doping encouraged I'm not but you are welcome 'cause we all play well together and that's a good thing.
    Last edited by Too Tall; 02-02-2019 at 10:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rolled at 6am MST and looked around for riders. I saw Josh pop up while I was halfway up the first climb but I kept my foot on the gas to finish the climb. I stopped twice because, coffee, but never really saw anyone again. I went on to do 22 miles and around 1:20. I made nice progress through level 10 so I've got more choices. Another month and I'll be consistently outside.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just curious, when I select a route on Zwift, sometimes the feet of climbing is off by a few hundred feet. On Monday I went back and rode the figure 8 on Watopia with decent effort (averaged 195 watts) and the mileage and climbing didn't match up. I know I'm rolling some distance before the loop starts, but not 2-3 miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Just curious, when I select a route on Zwift, sometimes the feet of climbing is off by a few hundred feet. On Monday I went back and rode the figure 8 on Watopia with decent effort (averaged 195 watts) and the mileage and climbing didn't match up. I know I'm rolling some distance before the loop starts, but not 2-3 miles.
    You must have cut the corners really tight ;)

I have noticed that it doesn't align but figured it was because you can start in different places by a few hundred feet so I stopped paying that close attention to it. I had not noticed things being off by as mush as you are seeing.
    Brian McLaughlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because of my height I don't notice it as much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did a medium fondo this morning (2h on the KICKR !!). I seems to be that massive weight doping is all over within a minute of the start I was 200 out of 360 people :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I did a medium fondo this morning (2h on the KICKR !!). I seems to be that massive weight doping is all over within a minute of the start I was 200 out of 360 people :)
    I had a guy blow by me at 12 on a climb. One of the 1.5 mile climbs had a sub 3 minute KOM. On one sprint I averaged 900 watts and was 30th out of 60. I don't let it bug me, I just find it amusing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    I had a guy blow by me at 12 on a climb. One of the 1.5 mile climbs had a sub 3 minute KOM. On one sprint I averaged 900 watts and was 30th out of 60. I don't let it bug me, I just find it amusing.
    It is only annoying if people toy with me otherwise I've learned to ignore.
    BTW I'm usually middle of the pack on the KOM, I opt out of almost all sprints and finish middle to top 1/3 on climbs. Conclusion is most people really are just riding their bikes.
    Don't do the group rides man it leads to blown goals. If I am watching a news program and riding steady, every time I look up I'm riding in a group. Weird eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I chase my own previous efforts if I go all out on a sprint, same thing for the climbs. My efforts are based on what day of the week it is because of the other workouts like boot camp classes. Tuesday and Thursday are boot camp and with the monthly challenges that we do at the end that might include 150 or more squats and almost as many dead lifts, both done with 25# kettle bells. Wednesdays are usually a flat course at 1.8-2.0. I did a couple of hard efforts on Zwift last week and yesterday I was blown up and cut the ride short. I have to remind myself that I'm almost 54 and may not have a 1200 watt sprint anymore plus the need for a longer recovery. When I forget that, my body reminds me. The checks my ego writes is getting more in line with what I can cash but I'm trying to figure out how to meter my efforts.

As far as the doping clowns, I don't chase them, just myself while trying to show small gains. I remember L*nce being around 7W/kg at his peak but these guys can apparently hold 8-9 for very long periods. There's doping and obvious doping.

In better news, I got a Falz fork from Summer Cycles (Jerk) and installed it on the BLE yesterday. I look forward to testing it out soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I typically use Zwift with a pre-defined program but yesterday because of rain it was supposed to replace a longer outside ride. The concept of riding in a group for that sounds good and can be motivating. I lost 10 pounds overnight we will see what it does to the same deal today (will the rain stop in CA ?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

KICKR quit. No speed or power output. I followed all the troubleshooting steps then submitted a ticket to Wahoo. Sucks. I looked at the forum groups and apparently this has happened a lot lately. Lets see how responsive Wahoo will be.