Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
My next project at home is to rebuild the fence on one side of the house so I can get the RV closer to the connections in the side yard. I used 50' of hose last night to dump the tanks into my septic system. I have water, power, and sewer connections, but backing the trailer in puts it all on the wrong side. If I can move part of the fence, I can pull straight in with the truck, use 10' of hose to dump tanks, then back out, do a three point, and back the trailer in. There isn't enough to angle in with the existing fence.

A friend at work recommended putting an ounce of the blue stuff along with about half a gallon of water in each hose and cap them for storage. I need a lower profile tub for the two hoses we'll take on the road.
Nobody does that. Rinse the hoses as your last operation after dumping. Rinse into your sewer and leave them open to the air. For your type trailer a slick storage option is to buy a piece of 4" PVC pipe. Glue a endcap on one end and a threaded cap on the other. Hang the tube the width of your trailer with SS strapping. I store in the bumper, rinsed and uncapped. Never a smell.