Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nomadic Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Nomadic Life

Hitting the road next week in the Campenstream.
    E1A266F2-258D-49DC-8927-73C073575BE5.jpg
    Tim C

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Hitting the road next week in the Campenstream.
    E1A266F2-258D-49DC-8927-73C073575BE5.jpg
    Looks amazing. More details man! I like that it's kinda understated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will take some more pictures in the next couple days. This is an SC Trailers that’s out of Kannapolis North Carolina. It has room for four bikes hanging in the back on Kuat roof rack devices, a kitchen a small portable toilet and a king size bed for the gigantic me. Lots of storage space inside, and that pull out grill in the front is the highlight. It also has an outside shower on the driver side that you use a frame and a shower curtain and unlock the door pull out the shower close the curtain to get clean. Did not want a bunch of indoor plumbing. Campgrounds generally haveShowers anyway so this is for those times when you’re off the grid. They custom built a 66 gallon water tank under the bed. Everything is fabricated in the shop this started out as a bare frame and grew from there. Next week is it’s virgin trip and we’re very excited. Total custom they will do what you want.
    Tim C

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The big tank was smart. Fantastic fans in the roof and solar? Congrats. It's slick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried out a RTT earlier this year and while its a nice sleeping situation, wasn’t a fan of how the rig drove with it on top. Additionally it hogged a lot of the roof rack space and meant I would have to find storage locations for a lot of stuff inside. Got rid of the RTT and am going to use an awning with an awning room. Have a couple of the Kammok lightweight hammock stands that will go inside it. Should be good sleeping while still being able to mount recovery boards, a couple of storage bins keeping other recovery and camp gear up top. May get a custom basket for the back portion of the rack to be able to throw fire wood or other gear. Looking forward to things cooling off here so I can get out in it again.
    Nathan H

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How ironic/annoying!

VW new Caddy California, not available in the US!

i like the concept. simple, accessible. c'mon calling it the "california" and not letting us have it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/148750...57716084337071

We had a great trip planned but the weather 'effed us. Change plans and had a couple of nice days in Charlotte where the Whitewater Center was a prime attraction for one day. Just returned from a few days at the Davidson River Campground in Brevard, DuPont riding was awesome and the Pisgah is well, one of the most beautiful places on earth. A few pics. The rig works great, I just can't seem to back it up properly into our narrow city driveway. Need to move to Brevard on 5-10 acres and call it good.
    Tim C

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had a great trip planned but the weather 'effed us. Change plans and had a couple of nice days in Charlotte where the Whitewater Center was a prime attraction for one day. Just returned from a few days at the Davidson River Campground in Brevard, DuPont riding was awesome and the Pisgah is well, one of the most beautiful places on earth. A few pics. The rig works great, I just can't seem to back it up properly into our narrow city driveway. Need to move to Brevard on 5-10 acres and call it good.
    Make that 20 acres. We'll take 1/2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by funcrusher View Post
    so went ahead and preordered the GFC superlite...won't ship until November, however
    Looking forward to photos and your thoughts/review.

I have a Golf Sportwagen and the GFC superlite is definitely on my radar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you ride in Pisgah? I love that place, I go as often as I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamu8104 View Post
    Tried out a RTT earlier this year and while its a nice sleeping situation, wasn’t a fan of how the rig drove with it on top. Additionally it hogged a lot of the roof rack space and meant I would have to find storage locations for a lot of stuff inside. Got rid of the RTT and am going to use an awning with an awning room. Have a couple of the Kammok lightweight hammock stands that will go inside it. Should be good sleeping while still being able to mount recovery boards, a couple of storage bins keeping other recovery and camp gear up top. May get a custom basket for the back portion of the rack to be able to throw fire wood or other gear. Looking forward to things cooling off here so I can get out in it again.
    On my recent trip with stops to mtb at Fruita CO and then LaVerkin UT I envied the campers. I was loaded with lots of stuff we had in storage at in-laws so didn't pack a tent. The RTTs I saw made me a bit envious, but I don't like the vehicle being stuck where you camp, the obvious top-heavy issue and wind resistance driving. Plus, I love my folding truck bed cover, and would have to find a different cover and stake rack to have a RTT and still functional cover.

I just learned about the Rubicon Hitch tent and it seems a good solution--anyone with real world experience:
    https://rubiconep.com/hitch-tent-rack-system

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This time of year is pretty d@mn special. Tonight I knocked out pizza for 12 campers.

https://flic.kr/p/2jWqCUp

fall.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started building my sleeping platform this weekend. I thought I put a lot of thought into it beforehand, but as I was assembling, I basically wanted to change everything...
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just bought this - used but in excellent condition. 2018 Jayco Eagle. Packs small for towing but can sleep up to six inside. Time to get out and see a bit of our own country - I’ve seen more of Wurope than I have of my own home. I grew up with these and can’t wait to introduce my kids to the joys of meeting new people from different places.

Due to travel restrictions these things are commanding big dollars - some selling second hand for almost as much as new. Will be towing with a 105 Land Cruiser so should be a okay, but slow.

7F309DA8-03B6-4B6F-838B-83115DD80B32.jpg
    A15AEB8E-C411-4D10-9EB6-B1D512584D6E.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmdesigner View Post
    kinda reminds me of Venus on the half-shell
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few shots of the pandemic purchase (Hallmark truck camper) in action this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont know if it was mentioned here, but watched this again last night. if you havent seen it, it's a little gem that's worth any nomad's time to watch.

From the Ardennes to the Col d'Izoard, along the departmental roads and on the steep paths, a swarm of camper vans set off to celebrate the Tour de France. The sun is warming up, the deckchairs are out, and the friends arrive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weather is starting to warm up. Movin' some gear around. Getting excited about getting outside in the mortheast!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's almost that time of year folks. Knock that latex bugger out of your tubeless tire and get ready. It's time to ride and camp....almost.