User Tag List

Thread: New Bike Day! Aprilia RSV4 RR

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Bike Day! Aprilia RSV4 RR

Well- I did it. I got a deal I couldn’t refuse on a 2017 Aprilia RSV4 RR. It had 800 miles and change and everything looked brand new. The previous owner hadn’t even removed the plastic bobbles that protect the levers in the crate!
    He’d taken the passenger foot pegs off and installed some kind of block off kit- it came with some kind of tail tidy that integrated the directionals into the tail light and removed the stalks, license plate bracket, and rear fender and a carbon Aprilia front fender.
    I had a great final ride on my Duc- I had my Kriega bag filled with all the shit I took off- the old bars, the passenger pegs, plate mount and fender etc.
    when I signed all the paperwork and was about to head home- I had to mail myself my Kriega bag because there is no way to secure it! I also had to stuff my phone, wallet and garage opener and magnetic tank pouch down my suit because the tank on the new bike isn’t metal! This thing is not really a street bike in any sense- it’s realky a track bike. The fucking thing can use satellites to turn off the cornering ABS on turn three at Mugello in lap four through seven and then back to level 2 for the rest- but it doesn’t have a fucking fuel gauge. The bike is absurd in that way.

It’s amazing how much more wide coverage it has compared to the Supersport and how much more intuitive it handles. The thing is telepathic in a way I’ve never felt with a vehicle this side of my best race bicycles. My hands, back, and neck all feel perfect. About three hours in on the ride back from Santa Monica to San Diego lane splitting in slow traffic- the outside of my right foot started bugging me and my knee armor was cutting into my right knee due to the high peg position and the seat is a brick compared to the perfect Supersport seat- but I’d been riding w bike for almost 6 hours at that point both ways-and stopping for gas about 45 minutes from home solved all my aches. Still the thing is stiffer and harsher than my Supersport S- but I would not hesitate to ride this bike on long trips-although my future Moto Guzzi Stelvio will probably get the nod for any trip longer than three hours that doesn’t involve twisties.
    This bike feels like a second skin though. It handles accelerates and generally just rides perfectly. I have no gripes at all- but I will do the Race ECU very soon so I can get some louder pipes. I want to be able to part traffic like Moses did the Red Sea and Harley doods do lanes of traffic during rush hour- and loud pipes do that. Plus the stock pipes look gigantic. I think Austin Racing or Arrows are in my future.
    In short- I love this fucking bike. It’s perfect.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New Bike Day! Aprilia RSV4 RR

Being an Aprilia owner for 14 years and 120K miles I can say with complete conviction they are the most confidence inspiring chassis you will ever ride. No matter how good you are you will find new boundaries far outside what you believed. The discoveries will come when getting into something far deeper than intended and all you have is to complete the task or give up. And it will simply happen without drama. I've been able to pass bikes with 60 more horsepower and disappear because I know it will do exactly as I request. Good choice.....enjoy. Oh BTW your license is in jeopardy. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats!!

Regarding exhaust, Micah at AF1 points me towards the Akrapovic slip-on. The Austin Racing and SC Project are stupid loud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats! So jealous, in a good way. If you ever get the chance to ride a Panigale V4, I'll be interested to hear how you think it compares. I am thinking one of those 2 (RSV4 or Panigale V4) would replace my streetfighter when the time comes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jscottyk View Post
    Congrats!!

Regarding exhaust, Micah at AF1 points me towards the Akrapovic slip-on. The Austin Racing and SC Project are stupid loud.
    i bought the last Race ECU in California today. I think we're going to go with the Arrow Exhaust. It should be stupid loud.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Niiiiiiice. Is yours the tricolore colourway?
    Drop bars not bombs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    i bought the last Race ECU in California today. I think we're going to go with the Arrow Exhaust. It should be stupid loud.
    I'm still trying to get a clear answer about whether or not the Race ECU benefits from proper setup on the dyno. When I asked Micah if the Race ECU also needed tuning with a PCV, he said something like "We should be able to do it with the Race ECU."

You are going to have a blast. And, get thee to the track. Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, and Chuckwalla. APRC settings like TC=1 to 4 (start at 4 and work your way down to 1), WC =1.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So when are we going to see pictures of the actual machine?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unfortunately my phone broke today so i can't post any pictures- but here are a few from the listing.aprilia1.jpg
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any updates?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jscottyk View Post
    Any updates?

Any speeding tickets? ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve been off the grid and on Long Island Maine for a week. Bikes been at home. I’ve never wanted a vacation to end sooner.