For about 10+ years I worked in NYC advertising agencies and new media companies so when the weather was bad and I was on the subway, I would wear rain/snow boots and carry my dress shoes to put on when I got to work. For about 10+ years after that I worked in k-12 schools and did the same.

I recently accepted a role at a local liberal arts college leading the client technical support services team which means I will be walking around campus for meetings and checking-in with my team and student workers. I will be in khakis with a coat and tie most of the year. I will forgo the coat and tie over the summer.

I looked through the boots thread but could not find what I needed so I am looking for recommendations. I need a professional looking chukka boot that I can wear with khakis, coat, and tie when the weather is bad. I would like them to be weather proof but weather resistant is fine too. I will be wearing them all day because I do not want to swap dress shoes for rain/snow boots every time I need to leave my office (several times a day) and walk to another building on campus. I would prefer brown because I think they are more versatile but a cordovan red or even black might work too. They should be of high quality but not so much that I need to worry will be ruined by New England weather.

I am asking because I worry that my dress shoes (mostly Brooks Brothers by Alden) will get ruined with the water and salt that is so prevalent in the North East.

Thanks!