User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need recommendation Weatherproof professional looking chukka boot lace-up or slip-on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Need recommendation Weatherproof professional looking chukka boot lace-up or slip

Have you looked on the Allen Edmonds site? Many of their styles have dainite soles and their clearance/factory second pages have some pretty solid deals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Need recommendation Weatherproof professional looking chukka boot lace-up or slip

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    Yep, you can do back and forth at every re-sole.... My older pair of Lobb is 31 years old.
    I have a pair from around the same time when JLP RTWs were still made by Edward Green. It seems like ages ago when the two parties had an acrimonious end to their relationship. I thought that it would be the end of EG...
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chik View Post
    I have a pair from around the same time when JLP RTWs were still made by Edward Green. It seems like ages ago when the two parties had an acrimonious end to their relationship. I thought that it would be the end of EG...
    Well yeah the good old days. They do sneakers now :) The good news is that you can still order any of their previous models.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's get back to the needed recommendation: nice but not over the top because it will be worn in bad weather such as rain and snow, weather proof/resistant, and professional looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work in higher ed (midwestern, public, Big Ten), and the vibe of dress is all over the place from raggedy to full suit. The front-facing IT folks here dress very professionally, while the web developers are in jeans and T-shirts. At any rate, have you looked at Cole Haan? I've got a pair of these in low-top (with white soles), and they're super comfy and can be worn with nicer stuff. Unknown.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were on the "25 Best NE brands" link earlier, and since I have a few pairs, I too can vouch for Rancourt.

Made in Maine, if you're looking for that, and all in all, a great outfit. You're sure to find something there in a style that will work for you.

Shop Rancourt & Co. Handmade Leather Shoes | Boots

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123