Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whording...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know what i want? some Phil Wood oval tubing.........steve.
    Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles.
    Frames & Bicycles built to measure and Custom wheels
    Hecho en Flagstaff, Arizona desde 2003
    www.coconinocycles.com
    www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steve garro View Post
    FTW? i just sent my 87' Yeti to my buddie's MTB museum...... steve.
    That's the one. Dude's building some amazing VW's and Audis these days to go along with frames.

Hardcore fabricator. Best dude, ever.

I don't know many people who build bikes and turbo manifolds all in the same day...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suspectdevice View Post
    I don't know many people who build bikes and turbo manifolds all in the same day...
    how about Paul Brodie: http://www.flashbackfab.com/pages/excel00.html

or Dave Garroute:http://www.dkg-cnc.com/museum.html some bad-ass fabrication in both of those links, yo. heck - Dave built the f'ing STARSHIP ENTERPRISE! off to work, steve.
    Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles.
    Frames & Bicycles built to measure and Custom wheels
    Hecho en Flagstaff, Arizona desde 2003
    www.coconinocycles.com
    www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steve garro View Post
    how about Paul Brodie: http://www.flashbackfab.com/pages/excel00.html

or Dave Garroute:http://www.dkg-cnc.com/museum.html some bad-ass fabrication in both of those links, yo. heck - Dave built the f'ing STARSHIP ENTERPRISE! off to work, steve.

And Frank built the General Lee jump cars, the Back to the Future DeLorean, and the animatronics for Child's Play.

Brodie's site is awesome. However much he charges for those repro bikes, it still can't be enough.

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brodie's site is awesome. However much he charges for those repro bikes, it still can't be enough.
    same for the rest of us; we're all making repro's of something atmo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Goodrich View Post
    Sub 4# tigged maybe. Not with lugs though. The lightest max was 8-5-8 on a good day if they hit the spec. Otherwise it wondered north of that. What's the point other than goofy ovals? Hell why don't just bust out some SLX and really get your retro on? Oh yea, welcome back.
    Only tube that was 8/5/8 was the DT. And since when is Nivacrom retro? That's my point here, the names have changed, the marketing has changed, but the tubes are as they ever were. MAX was way ahead of the curve. Do you want to talk about my P.I.S.T.A. tubeset cuz that's state of the art!
    "It's better to not know so much than to know so many things that ain't so." -- Josh Billings, 1885

A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome—in the end we are not only defined by our friends, but also those aligned against us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Archibald View Post
    Only tube that was 8/5/8 was the DT. And since when is Nivacrom retro? That's my point here, the names have changed, the marketing has changed, but the tubes are as they ever were. MAX was way ahead of the curve. Do you want to talk about my P.I.S.T.A. tubeset cuz that's state of the art!
    Nivacrom has been relegated to the second tier by Columbus for quite awhile now. Silly but true. Max ahead of what curve? Squished tubes? Old recycled idea. Nivacrom predated max so it isn't a material thing. Strangely shaped stays and fork blades? Well perhaps ahead of that curve but I'm not sure that's one worth writing home to mom about. People getting wet and sticky about max is an emotional thing based on a point in time. Probably the time they were cutting their teeth in the bike world was about the time Max was hip. Not my time so it does nothing for me and yes, I've built bikes with the crap. Didn't like it then and still don't. Always made me laugh when the ovals weren't in the proper phase. Mmm.. pinch me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nivacrom has been relegated to the second tier by Columbus for quite awhile now. Silly but true. Max ahead of what curve? Squished tubes? Old recycled idea. Nivacrom predated max so it isn't a material thing. Strangely shaped stays and fork blades? Well perhaps ahead of that curve but I'm not sure that's one worth writing home to mom about. People getting wet and sticky about max is an emotional thing based on a point in time. Probably the time they were cutting their teeth in the bike world was about the time Max was hip. Not my time so it does nothing for me and yes, I've built bikes with the crap. Didn't like it then and still don't. Always made me laugh when the ovals weren't in the proper phase. Mmm.. pinch me.
    Heretic! I will snatch you ball headed...

We're talking about steel lugged bikes and you're saying this with a straight face?

Seriously, look at the chemistry for Nivacrom and then at Columbus' latest. Hot dogs is hot dogs.
    "It's better to not know so much than to know so many things that ain't so." -- Josh Billings, 1885

A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome—in the end we are not only defined by our friends, but also those aligned against us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, look at the chemistry for Nivacrom and then at Columbus' latest.
    we're doped in niobium atmo -

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Heretic! I will snatch you ball headed...

We're talking about steel lugged bikes and you're saying this with a straight face?

Seriously, look at the chemistry for Nivacrom and then at Columbus' latest. Hot dogs is hot dogs.
    Chemistry schmemistry. Shit it's all steel and all the same. Once it's stronger than 531 does it really matter what the metalurgy is? That was a rhetorical question. I'm talking about the goofy shapes based on theoretical engineering claims that can't be felt by even a princess like you. Couple that with the tubes being marketed for racing bikes but they're unnecessarily heavy. BTW I can't wait to see you in Indy. Hugs and kisses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chemistry schmemistry. Shit it's all steel and all the same. Once it's stronger than 531 does it really matter what the metalurgy is?
    I thought that's what I was saying?

That was a rhetorical question. I'm talking about the goofy shapes based on theoretical engineering claims that can't be felt by even a princess like you. Couple that with the tubes being marketed for racing bikes but they're unnecessarily heavy. BTW I can't wait to see you in Indy. Hugs and kisses.
    Bike frames are essentially stress skin structures; the measurable product of shaped tubes aren't theoretical engineering claims. That'd be real. The benefits of the those results to cyclists are arguable.

Regardless, I'm still kicking you in the nuts when I see you, cupcake. :boy_hug::girl_hug:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I thought that's what I was saying?

Bike frames are essentially stress skin structures; the measurable product of shaped tubes aren't theoretical engineering claims. That'd be real. The benefits of the those results to cyclists are arguable.

Regardless, I'm still kicking you in the nuts when I see you, cupcake. :boy_hug::girl_hug:

I get the idea behind shaped tubes but if the rider can't feel or measure it what good is it? Sort like the hair on my head. Theoretically I have hair but it's not really doing anything meaningful. Good thing the rest of me is so darned handsome though.

Make sure you stretch a bit before attempting that kick. A man your age might pull a hammy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A man your age might pull a hammy.
    You cut me, Curt. You cut me deep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

goodrich
    you make freakin beautiful frames
    post a couple of pics.

that'll shut him up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a word, right?
    Yes, "whording" means stashing a large number of prostitutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dang View Post
    Yes, "whording" means stashing a large number of prostitutes.
    Velocipede Salon?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

time for new ideas atmo -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12