Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Weeknight meals

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Weeknight meals

I am messing around with grilling vegetables trying to branch out from sweet corn. That which I think I've figured out. Peel it, stick it in foil with some 85% butterfat butter and a pinch of kosher salt. Foolproof which is a good idea when you open the wine after the knives get put away but before the fire is out.

The other night was eggplant in a yogurt, coriander, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper, garam masala (cheating!) olive oil and lemon juice sauce. Really good but tomorrow night cauliflower gets the treatment.

Tonight was baby Yukon Gold potatoes, fennel, steaks all just tossed in olive oil kosher salt and ground pepper. Yum.

Ideas. I need ideas. Help me here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I am messing around with grilling vegetables trying to branch out from sweet corn. That which I think I've figured out. Peel it, stick it in foil with some 85% butterfat butter and a pinch of kosher salt. Foolproof which is a good idea when you open the wine after the knives get put away but before the fire is out.

The other night was eggplant in a yogurt, coriander, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper, garam masala (cheating!) olive oil and lemon juice sauce. Really good but tomorrow night cauliflower gets the treatment.

Tonight was baby Yukon Gold potatoes, fennel, steaks all just tossed in olive oil kosher salt and ground pepper. Yum.

Today for lunch I quartered three carrots (unpeeled) and cut up a red pepper. Salt, pepper, paprika, and a spray of olive oil then into the oven on 350 for 20 mins. Dipped them in a quick mix of plain yogurt, olive oil, and lemon juice.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coming to end of the garden harvests...grilled marinated chicken salad with some sliced avocado thrown in for good luck.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree as they say…our daughter made her signature chicken meatball vegetable soup last evening and there’s plenty more for lunch over the next few days.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post

In my house we call these veggie pockets, they get done all the time.

See what you have. Always potatoes and carrots and onion. Rutabaga does well, corn does well, green beans, jalapeno, etc…

Butter in the foil pocket, garlic cloves (15 or so ��), salt and pepper, olive oil. Close up the foil packages, bung them onto the Q. Fabulous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the end of October I got a pellet grill (smoker) and since then I have been neglecting my gas grill. The holidays are over, the cold is set in and it’s time to get back to my roots. 2 - thick cut pork chops with a Family recipe dry rub seared and grilled to perfection. Slap a Grandma’s Molasses cookie on the top shelf to over bake just because. Of course my punishment was that I ran out of propane at 110 degrees. Luckily I had another bottle at the ready. I love my smoker but there is something about flame kissed that can’t be matched. Somehow the cookie got smaller every time I checked the grill?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shannon is home for the Holiday's and we are working through her old and new favorites. Bok Choy soup with noodles, mushrooms and lemon grass.
    Frank Beshears

The gentlest thing in the world
    overcomes the hardest thing in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Chili oil was made by Jess's Partner who lived in China for 10 years and owns a small Restaurant/bar called RozzTox in downtown Rock Island.
    Frank Beshears

The gentlest thing in the world
    overcomes the hardest thing in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turkey meatball vegetable soup with orzo.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leftover turkey calls for turkey soup and an empty breadbasket, calls for more bread.
    rw saunders