Quote Originally Posted by mg2ride View Post
Chances are any of the name brands will meet your needs. Instead of asking a bunch of skinny cyclist I asked a bunch of husky blue collar workers at the shipyard. Many, many of them said Milwaukee.
I'd agree with the first sentence. Scan the youtubes and it seems like there's not a real substantial difference in quality between several brands, just be aware that there are some cheaper drills/drivers that don't appear to be up to the quality of the decent tools (such as Ryobi). In my opinion, like I stated earlier, it's really becoming committed to a battery/charging system - the batteries are where you will spend most of your money anyway, and unless you want a hodgepodge of different chargers, tools, and batteries, you'll likely settle on one.

Also - some drills/drivers/tools are brushless (all Milwaukee M18 "Fuel" tools, I believe, are brushless, although I could be mistaken on that) while others are not. Not that having brushes is bad, just might not last as long or might need more attention. But I seriously doubt that, unless you're a professional carpenter or tradesman, it would make much of a difference.